:)
1 (14.3%)
D:<
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Rising tide maps underwater and tideform :D

Offline aleksa010203

• Beginner
Hi I was wondering can you make   city of rising tide and  island of broken dreams  be actually underwater.That would be cool for some fun quest for coins and stuff and can you make spell casting be possible in tideform  :smiley:

Offline SP33DYX

• Assassin
Hi I was wondering can you make   city of rising tide and  island of broken dreams  be actually underwater.That would be cool for some fun quest for coins and stuff and can you make spell casting be possible in tideform  :smiley:

i dont think thats possible for Agatio cause u would have to edit the whole Map...
SpeedyX - 150 - Sin - Demon

Offline Méme

• Kanye
  • It's like boss loaf soaked in dude soup.
i dont think thats possible for Agatio cause u would have to edit the whole Map...

First world probs. :tiger-18:

roses are red
violets are blue
omae wa mou shindeiru

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
damn good idea tho  ;P
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Probably not possible, I don't think water levels are fixed within each area (If it even is a setting, probably fixed within the terrain itself. It would also be hard to actually lower the map depth for them to sink under water, or alternatively some way to explain a massive wall of water somewhere if the water level was raised instead.

As for casting in tide form I'm pretty sure Agatio can't edit skills, as blocking things is part of the skill this is probably also impossible (let alone balance issues, if tideborn get a boost under water, do they also get a penalty on land?)

Offline boogs

Probably not possible, I don't think water levels are fixed within each area (If it even is a setting, probably fixed within the terrain itself. It would also be hard to actually lower the map depth for them to sink under water, or alternatively some way to explain a massive wall of water somewhere if the water level was raised instead.

As for casting in tide form I'm pretty sure Agatio can't edit skills, as blocking things is part of the skill this is probably also impossible (let alone balance issues, if tideborn get a boost under water, do they also get a penalty on land?)

the "boost" being the def lvl and swim speed from the tide form skill itself:
i think those bonuses can be easily reduced or eliminated, but then tide form would only serve the purpose of vanity, which, imo sort of renders the entire idea pointless....

unless vanity IS the point, then instead of skills, the user-customized face should remain intact and the color of the fins should be respective to the original user-chosen hair color  :tiger-26:  ijs

as for the other idea, i dunno how map manipulation would work in the case of sinking the entirety of raging tides...

however, there was talk of a new instance using old caves and combining instances in another thread. Maybe one can be created entirely or partially under water.  like the ruins of a TT 3- on an obscure island near RT w/ some fishy style decorating/mobs/bosses and the first two floors submerged, or a large sunken ship set up as a maze/race to earn rare items. (an underwater race could also remedy the current lack of purpose for the tide form skill)

Offline twikill4

i would sugeest that he make a tideborn event versus that something like dragon temple just only for tidborns and then make something for each race.....i suggested this before....

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people

well, considering they are fish, i think they SHOULD get a water boost  >.>
Right now (and no, im not saying this to be clever or for the sake of a pun) but as it is, they are already fish out of water, why not boost them when they actually get a chance to fight in their element? 90% of pvp takes place on land, and the other 9% i'd say is aerial. So it isnt like the TB would get to take advantage of it much anyways, only time they'd REALLY shine is in temple of dragon. But who know? maybe being stronger in the water will make for new aquatic pvp zones, and that might be a nice change.
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine