Epic Perfect World

MY HUMBLE OPINION

Offline Faeryl

Quote from: Lilly on Today at 12:27:49 pm
I would like to take a moment and remind everyone what Agaito said not to long ago on the forum. If you do not wish to partake in the event please do not show up and attempt to ruin it for others in any way shape or form. I will not give out warnings at my events any more for repeat offenders. If you wish to leave a comment or concern about this please send me a forum message or in game.
Thank you for your time
Quote from: Agatio on 13.02.2012, 12:58:53 am
We have noticed that some players don't respect rules set by GM during custom events. I want you to be aware, that interrupting such events with PKing / flaming / disturbing other players will be punished, so please think twice before doing it.
So basically: GM sets event rules and they must be followed if player is willing to take part in that event, otherwise please don't come and stop other players from having fun.

I understand and can respect what was said above, but let me indulge a little here below:

*Sentence taken from Agatio’s post above:  We have noticed that some players don't respect rules set by GM during custom events.*

At the moment of inception of an event the *during* begins and the next step should be rules stated, NOT when a player says something or does something that is disliked by the players or the one holding the event. I sit back this entire weekend and kept quiet and observed WC. When an event took place that was not script generated, NOT one rule was set into place before the event started, but rather when something was said then the player was told not to say it, and keep quiet, as they were disrupting the event. If rules are wanted to be followed by all means state them first, then if broken proper recourse can be taken. If NO rules are stated then NO rules have been broken, therefore NO ONE should even play the card you have disrupted the event. When a child starts school on the first day each class has a set of class rules posted on the board or given on a hand out right from the start, this way if a child does break a rule they have no excuse and the proper recourse is taken. Also, on the first day a child comes home with a book called *Code of Conduct* parents and children read this and then sign and it is taken back to school on the second day, again if a rule is broken then the proper recourse can be taken.

Disclaimer:  No use of the *forbidden word* has been used in my statement. It is merely an explanation of Life, and how things should be done in order to prevent such situations spoken about in my statement. Any quotes used are those stated from other people, NOT to be confused of me saying them.

Forum Rules:
1. Just follow the rules of the generally accepted Netiquette.
2. There is no talk about GMs on forum, if you got problem with GM - PM it to me!
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline Momento

agreed with what you said and abt us pming agatio ..he roled my english like godly why would i even think he would do anything abt my problem with any GM ?lolz all i think it he needs profesional stuf not some random players ;P

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
hmmm makes sense i guess, im not here to argue with u, but imo the gms can state the rules whenever they want. its their event that they made for the players, its up to the players to listen to the rules, whether or not it was before or during the event. sometimes a gm can forget to say a rule, and by a player asking a question or somthing being done may remind them of that... besides most of the rules are common sense... why should a GM have to world chat or red chat "no luring 6-8 bosses to kill players while they do the event"? use common sense ppl, if rules wernt stated then ask the gm thats hosting the event, dont just do w/e the f@$# you want just because they wernt stated.

then again... a lot of ppl lack common sense >.<
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012, 01:09 pm by HCG_Wrath

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline Faeryl

Wrath, I can agree with what you’re saying, as I have common sense and don’t disrupt an event in WC. Rules are set in place so that as a civilized world it puts a system in place so that we can know what is expected of us. Rules allow those that do bad to learn that there are consequences for their actions. Common sense however is in the eye of the beholder and viewed and interpreted differently by each individual. Hence, the reason for rules right out of the starting gate.

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
The event I'm refering to was a skill book event last night and everyone knows well enough there is no pking/pvping or harrassing other players. I even stated this fact when asked im world chat if it was allowed. It is not acceptable behavior for a player to lure several bosses onto other players on purpose several times to get them killed foowed by swearing and then ksing other people. This person and another person did recieve a temp ban for their actions.

I personally do not know what you are refering to for over the weekend as I was not online much until Sunday night when I did an event and the same person from last time started attacking me and preventing trade to another player. I gave this player a warningthen as well even though he also pked another person during the event. How many chances should be given for repeat and constant offenders like this ? You can only warn the same person so many times before some sort of action needs to be taken.

Offline PandaBear

Don't Worry Lilly i am back and I have already spoken to agatio so need to drag me into Aimee's
Thread...    Kthxbai

Offline HCG_Wrath

Don't Worry Lilly i am back and I have already spoken to agatio so need to drag me into Aimee's
Thread...    Kthxbai

oh no... the big bad panda who causes more problems in game then anyone  talked to agatio, lets be afraid xD

anyways rules are rules, before or after, they are meant to be listened to and followed

you know panda at that event is a perfect example of why i made this post http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=276.0

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
Since some players are too immature and stubborn to read what the game rules and forums rules set forth by the admin and take them for face value and then use common sense to figure out the rest I have come up with a set of rules to be placed on the forums for players to read that covers the staff if the issue of “Where does it say that in the rules” comes up.

Possible Rules for Custom Events:
1.   NO PVP’ing/Pking during custom events within eyesight of the gm and while he/she is giving out the prizes. (This rule can be changed AT THE BEGINNING of the event at the discretion of the GM holding the event in case they wish it to be pvp/pk allowed.)
2.   NO Ksing during a book event or any other event where bosses/mobs are being killed unless specified differently BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS by the gm hosting the event.
3.   NO giving answers or guesses in world chat or normal chat during the Hide N Seek event; if you wish to help others please do so in whisper, squad chat, guild chat or a chat room.
4.   NO arguing about anything of any sort in world chat during a custom event including but not limited to, pvp/pk outcomes, “who gets who for buttsex” etc. Use common sense here, if it’s not about needing help, selling/buying or guilds advertising then do not post it on world chat during the custom event, be considerate to the gm and players and keep chat clean during the event being held.
5.   DO NOT question a staff member’s action at anytime whatsoever no matter how much you feel they are wrong. If you have problems with a staff member DO NOT post it on the forums or complain about it in world chat or normal chat. If you cannot settle the matter in whisper to said gm then by all means send ALL COMPLAINTS against the Staff Member to the admin, Agatio, either on the forums or by email. Make sure to include screenshots of the offenses or the message will be trashed plain and simple. Anyone who does not comply with this rule is in danger of perma-ban or perma-silence (at the discretion of the admin).
6.   If you are banned or muted, DO NOT create another account to come on and complain about your other character being banned or muted. If this rule is broken you will be computer id banned and will never be allowed back.(not sure if agatio can do this but I have seen other admins do it and it works like a charm because the player cant proxy or change ip to get in.)

These are a general set of rules to serve as a guideline showing how concise rules must be in order to avoid the “It is not in the rules so we didn’t do anything wrong” issue. If any of the staff would like to use these rules it is fine but please MAKE SURE to say them BEFORE the event begins and please don’t make up rules as you go, it doesn’t do anything but make the players angry and then they cause drama in world chat.

Disclaimer: These are not official rules so do not bash me I’m only trying to make the world a more peaceful place by helping the staff set some boundaries that are becoming EXTREMELY disruptive to the players who love this game and don’t mind following a common sense approach to gaming.
If you feel I am in the wrong please keep your opinions to yourself this is a post to the staff meant for the staff only.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline PandaBear

Key word possible the only rule was no pk which I did not engage in. If anyone should have been punished its etherion

Offline HCG_Wrath

he was punished lmao, i was on when he was banned

Offline PandaBear

he was punished lmao, i was on when he was banned
Did I say I wasn't?

Offline HCG_Wrath

Key word possible the only rule was no pk which I did not engage in. If anyone should have been punished its etherion

I was simply telling you he was punished, where did i say anything about u?

Offline Faeryl

Lilly,

The only reason I even brought into the discussion that I was online this weekend and observed, was to show that when custom events are announced rules are not being stated, but rather introduced in a chopped manner after the fact or none at all causing chaos in world chat. I left the entire post generalized as to not point fingers to any ONE event.

General response,

Darks statement *MAKE SURE to say them BEFORE the event begins and please don’t make up rules as you go, it doesn’t do anything but make the players angry and then they cause drama in world chat.* is imperative, as a chaotic world is not a fun place to play in.

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
I can't speak for other GMs but I make rules very clear for any event that I do. Some times things are change during the event but everyone involved agrees to the changes first. Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way about this weekend I was just stating that  I myself wasn't online for it.

Panda I never brought your name up your the one that the finger at yourself and yes you did deserve it. You were ruining the event for several other people.

If you don't like the event or don't want to partake in the event please stay out the area and do not ruin it for anyone else. I was there and I was on follow to you and watched you lure the bosses.

Offline PandaBear

I was simply telling you he was punished, where did i say anything about u?

Sorry I thought you were talking about me so I apologize for the miss understanding and I will leave agreeing with sparkles post.  It's just a game Lilly don't take everything so seriously ^^