Epic Perfect World

Windowed and resolutions?

Offline masotti

OK here is my issue.
My destop resolution is 1280X1024. When I start the client and click on Graphics, then click the Windowed, the client will not let me select any resolution above 800X600? I.E. 1024X768, 1280X720, or 1280X768. I keep getting an error message "The windowed resolution must be lower then the desktop resolution". However the only 2 it will let me select is 640X480 or 800X600. Tryed it both from the client and in game. Same issue. So what am I doing wrong?

Cier

Can you choose 800x600, then drag the corners of the window to make it bigger?

Offline masotti

Yes I have done that, however everything in game is way to big. And yes I did scroll out. I have also run it from both the launcher and patcher. Same thing. I know I am doing something wrong. As it wasn't like this yeaterday when I logged off and shut down my computer?
Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 04:28 am by masotti

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
I've never done this, but a possible solution could be to try and change your resolution manually;

Go to the Folder/directory you've installed the Game in.

Go to, "element" folder, then go to the "userdata" folder,

then click on the "systemsettings"  ..

scroll down, and find and change the following values.

RenderWid = 1255  (change it to what ever you desire)

RenderHei = 687   (change it to what ever you desire)

FullScreen = 0 ( change it to 1, if you'd like to play in your desired resolution with full screen.)

WideScreen = 1 (can also try with 0 aswell, see if that makes any difference)

..... i have no idea if this will work or not lol, never tried it, but theoretically, it should work o.o

Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 04:43 am by PARANOIA
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline masotti

OK no joy guys. That didn't seem to do thee trick. Images, inventory and so forth way to big. Inventory is as tall as my game, it is that large. So what did I do wrong?

Cier

If you can open the game.. Press U.
in the "System" tab, make sure "UI Scale" is checked.
:\ And thanks, MT.

Offline masotti

1280X1024 Is optimal for my poor viision. Attached is the file you are looking for.

Offline masotti

OK I must be stupid. I put the file into the folder, however, when I ran the client it was still to big and not windowed. What did I do wrong?

Offline masotti

OK I did put the file in the correct location. Even tried modified your code to make it 1280X1024. When I click on the graphics tab before going in it says 1280X1024, while in game when I hit U it says 1280X1024. It is in windowed mode. (changed that as well). However the game thinks it's in 800X600. Attached is the file with the modifications. So what am I doing wrong? Also it is almost 2:00 AM here. So I will check the response when I wake up. Thank youall so much for the help