Epic Perfect World

Dx9 installation problem

Offline shawarma

every time i start the client... it always ask to install EPW's dx9c while my PC's running in dx10... and from all of the private servers - online server included - that works fine with my dx10, only EPW has the problem.. any suggestions on how to solve this problem of mine is very much appreciated... thanks in advance  :smiley:

~ Shawarma
 All Meat with spicy topings.. yum!

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
on the EpicPW folder theres a dxwebsetup.exe, run that file and see if its fixed.
note that dx9.c isnt the version of the DirectX, its a sub file for the DirectX.

Offline shawarma

tried your suggestion.... the dxwebsetup.exe is running fine and it start installing once i clicked throuh it.... the problem is still there once my unit is turned off or restarted.. btw i dont have a deepfreeze or what-ever-it-is software  :sad:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
probably some conflict between some of ur installed programs? an idea that came to my mid but i highly believe it...i never heard of dX reset each time the coputer is rebooted  :rolleyes:
did u try googling about it ?

Offline shawarma

sad to say that only epic pw's client has been bugging me to install the dx9 in order for me to log in and play.. it's kinda annoying already...  :'(

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
did u download the full client ?

ahm if u get an errors can u post it here please.

are u able to click on the button on the launcher ? if you can, please try the Verify Files button.

let us know how it went /:

Offline shawarma

did u download the full client ?
yep took me 2 days

are u able to click on the button on the launcher ? if you can, please try the Verify Files button.
the start button can be clicked at the launcher, after that the dx 9.0c is requested to install
I tried the verify files button and after it's process I get an error of unable to locate component (mainly the d3dx9_42.dll file)

Last Edit: Nov 03, 2012, 10:54 pm by shawarma

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict

Offline jay11

• death is upon who ever wishes it
everytime i start client i click start then a error message pops up what should i do plus i verfied the files and everything
death

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
everytime i start client i click start then a error message pops up what should i do plus i verfied the files and everything

if im not wrong that error appears cuz the elementcleint.exe has been delete by the antivirus.
u will need to create an exception for the whole EpicPW folder on the antvirus, then u will need to verify the files then give it a try. rebooting the coputer sometimes helps too.

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
WTB coputer -.-   ;) 8)

Offline shawarma

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

try installing this.

let us know how it went.
sorry for the long wait... my unit encountered problems regarding on its power supply.. anyways i downloaded the link of dx 9 u posted... it consists of about 43mb and takes about 10-15 to DL/install the DX 9.0c... then the next time i tried to log-n-play, it again asks me to DL the DX 9.0c required but this time it only consists of about 13mb and this always happens every time I play again.... i just can't seem to find a solution for this DX 9.0c that keeps popping up to install again and again  :'(