Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would you participate in a 1v1/2v2/3v3-based TW with a reward at the end for whoever controls the whole map (or first to reach x number of territories)?

Yes. (1v1)
2 (9.1%)
Yes. (2v2)
1 (4.5%)
Yes. (3v3)
10 (45.5%)
No.
9 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2012, 06:13 am

Smaller-scale TW.

Offline Decency23

Depending on how many would participate, I may decide to set up a 1v1/2v2/3v3 TW.

It would end up being fairly similar to regular TW, however, I do not plan on giving out prizes for each win, only one prize for the winner. I'm thinking the prize would be 500 EC, maybe 1000. If your not participating has something to do with too small a prize, mention it in posts please.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For some basic rules for now so you have an idea how it'll work:

The TW map will be an image where the territories' colours will be filled in once a week after all battles to show who owns which territories (there will also be a player name/team name somewhere inside his/her colour).

The fights will hopefully be able to be arranged and carried out by you guys. However, if you guys think they'll require monitoring, I'd be willing to do so.

You take unclaimed territories just by being the first one to claim it on the forums after I post the updated TW map.

After you've taken a territory, you can only take adjacent territories, probably pretty obvious, just don't want to leave anything out.

More details later on.

Things I need feedback for:

I'm not sure whether it would be better to have a team win at 100% domination or to have them win after they control x number of territories. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure whether we should have a set time prearranged in the thread showing which teams fight when, and calling it a forfeit for no-shows, or we should allow people to set up their own fights. Let me know what you guys think please.

I'm also not sure whether I should ignore territory tiers or do something special for tier 1 and 2 territories. Suggestions?

If I've overlooked anything huge, let me know please, and as I said, any feedback is far better than a simple "no" vote.

I'll make the post look nicer and stuff later.
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 06:20 am by Decency23

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Seems like a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner. But if you do indeed do it, you should be warned, if someone has more than the required number of players. And ofc, these small TW's would alsi be VERY long, assuming that most parties know what they're doing.

Offline Decency23

I don't know if you accidentally cut off your warning.

Anyways, I figure SS's can help deal with any of those problems. Maybe I'll choose a different spot on the map each week where fights MUST take place so people can't use SS's of previous unrelated fights? As I said though, if monitoring the fights is necessary, I would do so.
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 06:37 am by Decency23

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
It's a nice idea and all, but how exactly is this relevant to EPW? You say you'd set it up and everything but that's way easier said then done if your planning on trying to convince Agatio to do that on this server. Also the idea presents many problems that you really don't even think of, such as it completely changing the TWs from being all about having a strong and unified faction to having 1-3 of the best players around who can use teamwork. Again, it's a cool idea and has come up before, but it just doesn't really work in harmony with te rest of the game.

Offline Decency23

It's a nice idea and all, but how exactly is this relevant to EPW? You say you'd set it up and everything but that's way easier said then done if your planning on trying to convince Agatio to do that on this server. Also the idea presents many problems that you really don't even think of, such as it completely changing the TWs from being all about having a strong and unified faction to having 1-3 of the best players around who can use teamwork. Again, it's a cool idea and has come up before, but it just doesn't really work in harmony with te rest of the game.

What do you mean trying to convince Agatio to do it on the server? ;s It has nothing to do with GMs or modifying the game or anything like that. It's purely player-run.

Your "problem" isn't really a problem, it's exactly what it's supposed to be, a different version of TW.

It's fairly easy to obtain end game gear on here, so I don't see three people with the best gear absolutely crushing everyone else.

I'm sorry but your criticism leads me to believe you didn't really read the entire main post, or if you did, you didn't fully understand it.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.
If something like this could be done, then sure it woud be great.  But doing it will be hard and will take a good chunk of your time.  Your also going off the idea that everyone will follow your rules and play nice.  I can see a group coming in and just getting a laugh out of messing it up.  If you had some help from a GM(I think you would need) it could happen, but just you alone I don't think it will be enough to make it work.  Good idea just needs abit more planing 
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
-Unknown-

Scylla

Imo, it should be upped to 10v10, at the very least 6v6. Its still smaller scale than most TWs are and a lot more fun tbh. Like the idea though.

And I agree with posters above, its a lot of work and some people choose to not follow rules and will just ruin it.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
one word.   "Pinoys" .

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
If it isn't mass-scale PVP, then it wouldn't be TW.

Let 1v1 be 1v1, 2v2 be 2v2, 3v3 be 3v3, etc. Anything lower than 10v10 is not really considered mass-pk.

Besides, why would you want a big-ass map, just for 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3? Seems completely pointless to me, honestly; I know all tws here is just "OMG BRING CATA TO BASE MOST BARB BM WINZZZZZ" and isn't fun like offical. Anyways, my point is, why? Unless you're just talking about something that doesn't involve TW (or the TW map) just any event, then thats cool on you.

And the goal to conquer map thing, 3 people; 20 weeks to conquer the whole map? LOL no thanks. Not to mention the other 3 classes can just be barbs and lure cata and win the tw instantly. #nofun

I mean, I wouldn't wanna go chase around 3 archers hiding behind building and shet, that aint fun for me.

Not trying to be deconstructive here, it's just my 2 cents.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline SHINIGAMI

Besides, why would you want a big-ass map, just for 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3? Seems completely pointless to me, honestly; I know all tws here is just "OMG BRING CATA TO BASE MOST BARB BM WINZZZZZ" and isn't fun like offical.

idk which faction ur in, but TW's nothing like that on this server, lol..... yea official was more fun, but this server is slowly improving on the TW front, more and more factions are getting more organised and starting to grasp the concept of a community/family type faction, rather than a  rpk guild.

Offline SHINIGAMI

some ppl miss understanding his concept i think... .

i'll explain the concept based on what i understood, sooo, i may be completely wrong lol, and i fear this whole essay would go in vein if that's the case :S but yea.. i'm bored in game, and nothing fun on forums today either.. so i'll write up this useless essay regardless...

anyways..

this will have no effect or is in no way related to the way our current TWs operate.

He's suggesting a separate event, organised by ourselves with a similar concept as current TW, (in terms of Territories), but in a much smaller scale, but with the same map.

this is basically a regular 3v3/6v6/etc...  event   where the winning team, claims a territory, (the same territories our map is currently divided into).

but this will not be the official TW or have any effect on the Official TW map on the server, the image of the territories will simply be colourised/Photoshoped on an image of the actual TW map/territories and posted on forums, just amongst us on the forums. ...   

~~~~ thats all i could gather from his post, there's no mention of catapults or anything else, so i'm guessing those are not included, and its simply a normal 3v3/6v6 and what not. ... except the winning team claims a territory, posted on the forums.

its a great idea and all, but this will go real bad, real soon, especially if its organised by players, or even GMs.
ppl always find some way to cheat the system, or when they don't get the result they desire, they tend to ruin other's results/joy.  No matter how much you monitor this, the moment something goes wrong or out of a certain groups desire, they will put the blame on somebody... and in this case, will be you.

e.g.     Group A, wins,    Group B loses.  .... now Group B, starts bringing up excuses, such as lag, or they weren't ready, or someone DC-d or some other shyt, (you'll be surprised how far some goes, when things don't go their way). and then they may ask for a rematch and the other team may not agree, or ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN !, Drama and Chaos Breaks lose. It's Human Nature(some are more tolerant than others), .... 

even with some of the current GM events,  you will ALWAYS have some ppl QQ, no matter what, u can't satisfy everyone.  especially if this is going to be done on the forums, then there's no chance what so ever, of this lasting for more than 2 weeks, as the thread will be filled with ppl QQ-ing and Bytching and cussing each other out. at the end of the day, this'll defeat the purpose of enjoying the game, and will simply become a headache for those that take part.

there'll also be the group of ppl, who won't give a shyt about this, as they may think " there's a reason why there's an official TW map ingame, who gives a crap about some forum territory map owners, organised by some player :/" and they will also be flaming at you.. and this whole concept.

only reason current TW system works, is coz its all automated, there's no one to blame, ... if something doesn't go ur way, you know, you've made the mistake, (there's no option to put the blame on anyone else, or make up any excuse.) ..

which isn't the case with this event, as the original Idea puts too much trust and responsibility on the participants themselves. This will easily collapse on itself.  ...

just what i think about this...  .. i love the concept and all, but huge number of players on this server are quite immature, childish, some form non-English speaking backgrounds. and these, people will always find a way to ruin these sort of thing, whether they be on purpose or not.

a suggestion would be, perhaps just get rid of the TW map and what not, and simply organise a pvp tournament or something.

Offline Decency23

PARANOIA nailed it.

I should've clarified, I guess it isn't so much TW as it is just PvP with a world domination aspect, and it doesn't use any game resources.

In any case, I don't think I'll go with it, it is alot of work, I knew that before I made the thread, but with half the players saying they wouldn't participate, I don't think it would be worth it. I haven't made up my mind 100%, not very many people voted yet, but from the looks of it it probably won't happen.

Thanks for all the feedback anyways guys.
Last Edit: Oct 28, 2012, 07:04 pm by Decency23

Offline Decency23

And the goal to conquer map thing, 3 people; 20 weeks to conquer the whole map?

I answered the rest of your inaccuracies in my other post, but just saying, I also clearly stated it could be first team to x number of territories.