Epic Perfect World

Any ideas for an end game instance?

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
We want it for a fun challenge.  An instance that requires a squad cause of difficulty.  145+ was my thought to open it.  And you must have a squad of 6 to open.  The drops are more of an incentive to get squads of ppl willing to go.  R8 would be awesome to farm.  Demonic meh.  And yeah of course only bosses would drop the really good stuff.  Mobs would randomly drop EC 1/15 chance, Elixers 1/50 chance, Pure God Stones 1/100 chance...idk something like that.  Rare, but you get enough each run that everyone can get something.  Could bank it like TT runs and split at the end.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Just an FYI (Probably not needed) this will most likely take some serious coding to do.  Whatever we decide as players and I really think its awesome, we may not ever see it.  It is nice to dream though.  But, I'd like to get Agatio or even MageTank to comment on this and how possible it is to have it done.  Some of the easier ideas I can see happening.  Like revamping pre-existing caves with higher level mobs/bosses and changing drops.  But how much would just that take?

Not trying to be negative, just curious.  Cause i really really would like to see something like this.  And hey, maybe we will and we don't even know it yet.  Whenever the testing for the new stuff is done, we may be pleasantly surprised \o/
Dont worry about it at all, i really apreciate the feedback, both positive and negative, and find it amusing how more posts are made whem i'm zzzzzz. Nice to wake up to something like this lol
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
i wont make a wall of text, i'll shortly answer what i saw here.

~ merge instances - possible
~ using an npc in an instance that allow to teleport to another instance - possible
~ drops - what you guys think that would be good to drop ?
~ chanlleging - we can do it, we can set monsters dificulty any way we want

anything else i missed let me know, im a bit busy at work atm.
Wow, i thought the merging would be a long-shot. That opens the door for some interesting ideas lol
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
Warning long post: get ready  :)) :P

Possible drops that would be worth all this to farm.
1. EC (since the whole server is ran by EC)
2. Pure god stones (farming FC for these lovely is a pain unless your a sin)
3. Elixirs (more of these in the world would make PvP more entertaining)
4. Warsoul Crystals (If this is a endgame instance we should have end game mats)
5. COG or waistband's ( maybe just one or two at the final boss)
6. Level scrolls/ training esoterica ( would be worth farming for alt)
7. Rep badges ( nothing more endgame then R8)
8. R8 mats (again nothing more endgame then this)
9. Just a final idea for g16,g17,g18 wep badges for using for alts, also a tiny chance to get demonic tokens would be a nice idea too. 

Just another idea. Make a daily quest to where you need to run this instance, the prize for doing this might be more EC or any of the things I just selected. Also make like a badge that you collect XX amount then you can trade this for rarer things, such as flight tokens, SoT, mount tokens and things that cost alot. Final idea, maybe like if you collect the tokens enough, after 300 or so you can get dragonchild or something. Just a idea but would be a difficult way to get the necklace (this might cause more people to rage about it then not) but i wouldn't suggest making achievable for a long time. Maybe instead of the dragon child make the tokens for completing quest able to trade to TM tokens. Like a 1:10 ratio. 1 token for quest = 10 TM tokens. This might make people more interested in farming this cape.

These are just some more ideas I had please tell me what you think (be nice)
Yea, EC, juice, and stones were definately one of the ideas, ec being dropped by mobs with about 5-10% chance, MAYBE 10-15%, tho i think that going too far. Regular bosses were were thinking could drop oec, and the latter. We also considered r8, and rep farming, however, i had been thinking it could go to another instance that has a nice ayout for farming (like maybe 59). Dont wanna put all our eggs in one basket. :P
I like the idea of warsong, wraithband, and Vana drops, but i knew the gm's would never for for that idea, even before ET's post. Those places have their own instances, and i feel it should remain that way. SoT's while a nice idea, will have their own part further down, however in the form of MTP drops, instead of the whole package (i think that would be over kill lol). And i like where you're going with the dragonscale idea, but i am actually kinda against it. The gm's have already given us two ways to farm it, and i feel like asking for a third is kinda disrespectful. Sure it may be hard, but it's a great item so it has to be. Plus they didn't have to give us a secondary means of farming it in the first place. If it appears as a drop, i'll take it as a pleasant and generous surprise, but it isnt a matter i feel like pushing. We want an end game instance, but not a one stop shop, if you catch my drift. Also I LOVE the idea of a 1-2% drop chance for inscriptions, but i feel it'd be rejected as well. I'll still try to push it, but i'm not holding my breath on that either LOL  xD

And damn it KidNap! You may not know it, but you just made a spoiler lmao!! Yes I did have the thought of having the final bosses dropping g16, 17, 18, and demonic, it was one of the ideas i was holding out on, and was planning to release the idea a little later on   :)) :)) :))
I know, i didnt have to confess it was a spoiler, but since u already put it out there, i might as well put it out there lol. The idea for mount and flier tokens was also one i had considered. My plan was to have a side boss (kinda like the tree boss in Abba) that you didnt HAVE to kill to move on with the instance, but rather had the option to. The idea was to hae the side boss drop mount and flier tokens with 30% flier, 15% mount, and 1-5% rare flier. A similar variation woud also be fine, but the reason for the high flier chance is simple. Lets face it, we all want the rare ones, the regular ones would just be a nice drop since i doubt we would save ec for a regular flier lol. And as for other drops, i was thinking something along the lines of MTP and gold. Nothing major, maybe like a nice 2 mil between a 6 person squad, and maybe 1-3 pages per person depending on luck of the drops. Not nearly as much as gv, but considering it could be a chain instance with 2-3 maybe even up to 4 or 5, that's 1 bonus boss per instance, so i feel as tho it would be nice, however if this were to happen, i'd advice a huge drop in exp, if any at all (after all this IS for lvl 150's, exp isnt even neccisary) and a slight boost in exp and pages to gv like 48-60 pages per run instead of 36, and maybe a 5-10% boost in exp from GV, to help maintain the incentive to go there. GV may get old, but we dont wanna kill it. (or DO we...?) jk  :P
These bosses, if they are approved, would most likely be placed out of the way. Some part of the instance where people dont go. It well help renew interest in these instances, by driving players to visit little seen parts of the map. And that might light a spark in players that will add to the beauty of something like this  :)
1. can
2. can
3. can
4. wont happen, we want Warsong to be exclusive (im sure u mean warsong crystals not warsoul hehe)
5. again, it wont happen sorry, we want exclusive instances for this end game rare items sorry.
6. we will see about this 2.
7. this one sounds good we will see if we come up with a good rate for it if we ever get a new instance
8. same as 7
9. this sounds ok but from bosses only not normal monsters.

Your idea: we have something similar to this prepared alrdy, but as i mentioned we are working on it and we dont wanna give too much details tillw e release it.

PS: im assuming you guys want an instance with monsters that drops few basic items (epic coins, low pure god stones, low elixirs) and bosses to drop more rare items (reputation badges, G16 token, G17 token, Demonic Token) and then a fnial boss which have low rate on drops (rank 8 materials)...is this what u guys mean ?
im keeping esoterias and level srolls out of it....i didnt get if you guys wanted an instance to farm Dragon items + Rank 8 recast items...or an instance to have some fun and farm some normal stuff but usefull...

i dont see whats point about making an instance to drop things that alrdy drop in another instance...for example the Warsong Crystals...you guys us to put 5 bosses inside an instance for people to freely solo ? thats not gonna happen, its too easy and would ruin the game im sorry.
Before i go on, lemme thank you for being so actie in this thread ET, it's nice to have the feedback of someone who know's how things work, and what can and can't be done. I totally agree with the last part, wc were intially considered as a potential drop, but the idea was kinda discarded after a while. There's no real need for the drops you can get elsewhere. (as much i'd luv to se vana die for what it did to 109, it does have it's appeal, and so yea.... lol) I wont deny, i DO have biased opinions as you've just seen. But so does everyone else, and for the sake of the thread and this potential instance, i have put them aside to keep an open mind. :P
And as for the r8 farming instance, i've come up with an interesting idea. An elemental instance, similar to how 59 is already. The wood boss could be a STATIONARY version of peach, with and aoe large enough to hit people all the way up the cliff. By making it stationary, players will have physically do down there for it instead of pulling it out....

Actually better idea. I'll post this elsewhere. this is already long enough xD

Thanks ET, its great to have your insight. And thanks to everyone else too, all your input is greatly apreciated. I'm glad this idea has be so well recieved thus far. (And dont worry KidNap i forgive 4 the spoiler)  ;P
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline twikill4

End Game Instances, ( Here is a list of 3 ideas)

**This list might require actually skill by all classes even aps ppl just realize this**

1.Make an instance that has a range of enemies varing from magical ranged to phyical even have mini bosses that you must kill to further yourself along that give themsleves a range of buffs like bramble or they spawn helper mobs. The mobs drop coins and an item (something new) this item is used to exchange for EC and other items at a new forge NPC located in a or the instance. The mini-bosses range in skills, and they drop this item as well but more of it. Fibally at the end of the instance have a stronger boss like harpy or beliel( last boss from TT 2-3) or even one of the event bosses just maybe less hp. Also have a squad and a solo version.....

2. Change the FB 19 insatnce to be hard *** places for high lvls to farm ecs.........

3. create a defend your race event ( think tiger event just make it Race speafic) have tiborn get itme only tibeborn can turn in or use and the same for all races......and make the bosses and mobs make go along with them like maybe flying mobs in plume even wovles and foxes in lost city, you could even do like water mobs in tiborn defend the isalnd kind of thing.....think about it 

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
And as for the r8 farming instance, i've come up with an interesting idea. An elemental instance, similar to how 59 is already. The wood boss could be a STATIONARY version of peach, with and aoe large enough to hit people all the way up the cliff. By making it stationary, players will have physically do down there for it instead of pulling it out.....
Not very often someone qutes their own post lol but it will be repeated, the Quote was so people whould know what was doing on (and yes i did cut most of it out, it was very long, so i left only the relavent parts). ANYWAYS....

Here's the idea. i havent thought of something for the enterance at this point but i might later. Once you reach the central room though, you'll face a similar scenario as the normal 59. Kill the guardian to summon the boss. Simple right? That's the idea....for now  ;P
I will post SS for this later. Once this idea is more planned out, I'll make a post for it, and the SS's for it. This is just a rough draft if you will (and if u have any ideas for mob or boss skins, you're welcome to post them). Also this is going to lack details to give room for ideas, some will be offered, i leave room for ideas. Now when explaining, i'll say things will and does, so that it will seem more like a run through, however this is all open to debate lol.
just a disclaimer  :P

Like the other guardians, the metal guardian will open with a potent elemental debuff that matches it's type. It will resemble the NPC on nameless isle. once slain, it will drop somewhere between twice as much ec as boss in pv 135 and as much as the soldier at sumor camp (again open to discussion). For the wood guardian, i was thinking the destroyer from Warsong, as well as water boss from ws as water guardian. For the fire guardian, i was thinking a large version the crystal dragons at burning heart. For earth, i think a Phlebo skin will work nicely. I was thinking each zone could have 2-3 bosses. A big boss and 1-2 minor bosses. Metal mobwise, i was thinking something like the maker of lightning (npc inside 59), the sword mobs that populate sanctuary, the dragoons from fc, etc. First boss could be where token of metal is, 2nd where zimo is, and final at the furthest point in metal. i have ideas for metal bosses, but nothing solid yet, however. For the final metal boss, i was thinking a a FLYING boss, one so high up, you'd need a class with a move, or range equal or greater than 30 meters. And making it so classes like archer is sought after (yes i know sins hae knife throw but remember it's a rough draft).
For wood, i have not decided on mobs, however, i have thought of 3 bosses for it. The big boss for wood could be a STATIONARY version of peach, with and aoe large enough to hit people all the way up the cliff. By making it stationary, players will have physically do down there for it instead of pulling it out. The 2nd could be a khutra pup. a BIG one, that paces up and down the left path. Because of this, it's likely other mobs will get caught in the boss fight, making it a tricky one, especially if silences, stuns, and debuffs are thrown in. It will require a crowd control class like seeker or barb OR a mystic/veno to use pets to pull it. The 3rd could be a snake (no not snakefist, i'm talking like the snake on taichi island). Further details for it havent been decided on yet, but i am thinking of a deadly poison, strong enough to kill lvl 150's after about 3-5 stacks; thus requiring a cleric or psy to use purifying moves. Water will be fun lol. And that was a lie  :P
For water, i'm thinking an ancient sea dragon skin in the beginning, first passage to the right. I'm thinking it could have a long ranged move combined with a pretty hardcore mag/phys defence buff, otherwise nothing special, just something to encourage you to hop in the water to kill it as your attacks will only do half damage and with the buff it casts, you wont be doing much at all. it could also encourage a purge class like veno or archer to tag along too as well as debuffers, like venos, bms, sins, etc. OR it be a phys mob that has a total aps kill that it spams frequently enough that it isnt even worth purging, reducing atk speed to minimum, requiring you to fight from land making your hits do half damage. That will encourage ranged dds like archers and wizards to come. (i know it seems like this instance favors archers, but it's mainly the start, it really doesnt favor any class. at east, thats my hope) Mobs, things like avalanch brutes, and small, easy to miss mobs like ice doll things, and the tiny fire guys in fire pavilion of ws, only dyed blue and chanced to water. It will be hard to spot the small mobs in the water, especially with big ones roaming around.

Again this is all just some ideas to get the creativity flowing, i will end this post here, i HAVE though all parts of the valley to an extent, but i will post it on another thread when it's ready. Only then, it will be a link, not an uber long post (hopefull that works out, if not i might acually have to post it for convienence)
Anyways, i hope this can get your creative juices flowing, and i look forward to seeing what you all come up with. And remember, pls keep it hate free  ^.^
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
agatio gonna kill me but...this is beeing taken care  >:D
we liked the idea now but we rejected it before, on the 1.3.6 cuz we were new and there werent much items important.
so lets see, i can mention 1 or 2 things, i wont say everything as we want it to be some sort of exciting news lol

~ will require total team effort; this wont be a solo instance  :-\
~ the drops will be the basic ones, we wont make this an alternative for end game gears;

i wont say also which instances we gonna use, dont wanna ruin it  :police:

but as i said before we are focusing on another thing first  :monkey-50:

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
End Game Instances, ( Here is a list of 3 ideas)

**This list might require actually skill by all classes even aps ppl just realize this**

1.Make an instance that has a range of enemies varing from magical ranged to phyical even have mini bosses that you must kill to further yourself along that give themsleves a range of buffs like bramble or they spawn helper mobs. The mobs drop coins and an item (something new) this item is used to exchange for EC and other items at a new forge NPC located in a or the instance. The mini-bosses range in skills, and they drop this item as well but more of it. Fibally at the end of the instance have a stronger boss like harpy or beliel( last boss from TT 2-3) or even one of the event bosses just maybe less hp. Also have a squad and a solo version.....

2. Change the FB 19 insatnce to be hard *** places for high lvls to farm ecs.........

3. create a defend your race event ( think tiger event just make it Race speafic) have tiborn get itme only tibeborn can turn in or use and the same for all races......and make the bosses and mobs make go along with them like maybe flying mobs in plume even wovles and foxes in lost city, you could even do like water mobs in tiborn defend the isalnd kind of thing.....think about it
i luv #1, it's actually what i aim to do, infact if u read the post on possible 59, you may get a few more ideas. I what the instance to be not only be challenging physically, but mentally too. Like make people think on the fly, hide certain mobs so that what people see, may not be EVERYTHING there. I aim to make it stimulating in many different ways.
#2 i think is ok, i really ike where you getting at, but fb 19s have been pretty overused between pv and actual fbs. I am for 19, pv135 only goes part of the way, therefore in my eyes, the instance isnt completely overused. Though i also think that between NS, songs, shrine, pv, events, and rancor, there are countless ways of getting ec. My focus for these instances isn't so much for ec, as it is for a challenging PvE aspect that happens to have convienent drops useful to high lvl players. But like i said, i'll consider it, i am trying to keep an open mind.  :)
And #3.... Dont talk to me about that one, talk to a gm, that idea is BRILLIANT, i luv it 10x more than number 1. In fact i'm jealous i didnt think about it  xD
You HAVE to post that on event suggestions, and if you do, i'll back you 100% The gms are a little busy atm with beta testing and stuff, but i get a feeling they might like that too. Only problem i DO have with it, is the lack of diversity. It means clerics cant back other classes, and if you die, only the eg and elves will have revives. But other than that, i think it is a totally epic idea  :D
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
agatio gonna kill me but...this is beeing taken care  >:D
we liked the idea now but we rejected it before, on the 1.3.6 cuz we were new and there werent much items important.
so lets see, i can mention 1 or 2 things, i wont say everything as we want it to be some sort of exciting news lol

~ will require total team effort; this wont be a solo instance  :-\
~ the drops will be the basic ones, we wont make this an alternative for end game gears;

i wont say also which instances we gonna use, dont wanna ruin it  :police:

but as i said before we are focusing on another thing first  :monkey-50:
ooooh.... cant wait lol. Although i love my idea for this, and the whole layout as it works perfectly in synch with the 59 map, i know you guys get the final say lol. Tho i did just think of another idea, if we do the combined instance idea, where we link instances, i'm thinking on the last teleport, you could choose from two npcs. One could take you to a farming instance, while the other could take you to the hell mode instance (i think it sounds better than super instance LOL) im not expecting a yes there, it IS a long shot, i just think that throwing out unorthedox ideas, inspires original ones  :)

I have alot of ideas for alot of things, i just usually lack the exp or skill to do them  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline ~Sphinx~

I'm not a big farmer but I usually remember to do daily's so the idea that you guys are working on quests is great. I mean other then BH, cause that is a daily but something new. Been doing that one since I hit lvl on retail lol. I can understand about the lvl scroll and eso denial. If this is truly and end game instance the idea is to make it end game. No need to farm here for a alt. R8 would be perfect if you found the right rate. I love the idea of it dropping r8 mats. With the total cost of one peace reforge is 250 and hone/reroll costing 104 ec that would help. Could take forever to get the stats that you want. Even then you might have 3 or 4 different weapons with different stats. Then if you r8 a bm you got to deal with even more. Anyway, thanks for the feed back.

P.S. sorry for the spoiler bro just throwing out ideas lol
Sphinx -        150 r8 archer
JustCause -  150 sin
Saytr -          150 seeker
AlphaPrime - 14x barb
KidNap       -  14x veno (main)

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
hey guys sorry i havent been updating post, i've been kinda sick, and there been alot going on as well. Most of my time spent online is either spent farming, helping guildies, some chat, and the rest just spacing out. I still DO have more ideas, i just havent been able to post them. In fact, im still tired so i'll proably head back to sleep after this lol  ;)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
ALRIGHT IT IS TIME!! LOL

At first this started in off topic to kinda get minor feedback and all that jazz, but now, i think i have this idea refined enough to move to Suggestions to make it official. New thread will be up soon. In the meantime, feel free to browse this thread to catch up on anything you missed. Whether you are genuinly interested, or only looking to break the mundane monotony in your life, i have high hopes for this thread. Enjoy  :D
147 Demon sin   Hircine