Epic Perfect World

annoying

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
as we are ALL trying to build this server and make it more active and fun for everyone, theres a few people and guilds out there (not throwing anyone under the bus - so no names) that are actually ruining the game for new players.

it starts with pking them while they are leveling or doing a quest. yes they maybe white name because they accidently forgot to go blue name after relogging or w/e their excuse may be. but you go a little too far when they go blue name you decide to KS them so they cant quest and level. why not just leave them alone?

recently i had a couple of friends join this server and i invited them to Sexy and i told them what to do, where to level what instances to do and what quests to do etc... well while they were leveling in vos in an aoe party they dc'ed and relogged (forgot to go back to blue name), as they were trying to set up aoe party again, couple ppl from a certain guild pked them, nothing was said they just resed and went blue name. it didnt stop there, these ppl continued to harass them, and KS'ed any mobs that were lured to the party, after that happened they quit game, they were only able to enjoy this server for 2 hours, and quit.

thats 3 very active players with the potential of inviting their friends to play the server as well... im actually quite disapointed, i'd like to know where ppls morals went? theres a HUGE different in a fun pk guild vs guild war and pure harassment

im not asking for a rule to stop the KSing of blue names, all im asking for is some respect from other guilds and players

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
I agree with this. I have been called many times to the area to try and resolve these issues. Just  because people are 140+ and are bored or what ever their reasons are for going to this area to pk/pick on lower lv people. I personally think it should stop. I've seen the same people over and over there bothering the lower lv people. and as HCG said they can't always go blue name because they turn on pk status by accident because they didn't know it would last 10 hrs or what ever their reason is.. but honestly, there is people from several guilds that do this. I think it needs to stop as well.

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
+1 Jett.

PKing newbies in VoS who forgot/refused to go blue is one thing, and I will say, I've gone there looking to indulge myself every so often (everyone's always blue when I go there though, QQ).

However, harassing blue names and KSing just for the sake of KSing because they're in a faction you don't like is kind of borderline sad. Let's save the guild drama for PvP, not PvE, shall we?

Offline g0rml3ss

Well I appreciate you not throwing people under the bus but pls remember this goes both ways, it happens on a regular bases to those members of a certain guild by another certain guild, and it goes around and around and around so on and so forth, because we reap what we soe.

I fully agree it is sad that people feel the need to go to new players lvling areas and even pk them just to get their name in lights on pk ranking. When a member of my guild asks for help in valley of scarred  because they being pk'd first thing I do is check their lvl, 2nd I ask wtf they are even doing in valley of scarred at lvl 130+.

I fully agree that new players should be left to lvl and farm the cash they need for skill etc, it makes for more interesting fun later when they are all geared up, on the flip side to those who have to endure it I'll say exactly the same thing I say to new players in guild.

Don't get made about it and rage quit, use it as motivation to lvl up and kiss their ass later on.

Offline HCG_Wrath

Well I appreciate you not throwing people under the bus but pls remember this goes both ways, it happens on a regular bases to those members of a certain guild by another certain guild, and it goes around and around and around so on and so forth, because we reap what we soe.

which is exactly why i didnt call anyone out, i know it goes both way, and it still annoys the hell outta me dosnt matter who it was or wat guild theyre in, i was just using what happened a few days ago as a PERFECT example of what happens

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline Faeryl

What we have here is not a certain Guild, but rather a single player or players who choose to grief play. This play style is also frequently referred to as Griefing, and its adherents are typically termed Griefers. A Grief player, or "Griefer," is a player who devotes much of his time to making others’ lives miserable, in a large part deriving his enjoyment of the game from these activities while he does not profit from it in any way. Grief tactics are the mechanics a Griefer will utilize to antagonize other players and intentionally disrupts the gaming experience for players. This can describe a wide variety of actions such as verbal harassment, corpse camping, ganking, kill stealing, or a higher level player hanging around and killing lower level quest targets. In most cases, the intentions of a player engaging in Grief Play are less noble. The griefer or griefers may be affiliated with a certain guild that is over their head, but the true blame should fall on the back of the griefer not the entire Guild. In order to stop this and fix the negative reputation on a Guild is ban the griefer from the guild. This will open the playing field for people to retaliate if needed and no certain Guild can be blamed. If the guild owners choose to keep the griefers then they fall under *guilty by association of griefer*. Hence, why entire guild is blamed rather than the griefer.
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012, 01:53 pm by Faeryl
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline nkv1

U all talk like those who get pk-ed lose a fortune.
White names simply are in pk mode goes with danger of being pk-ed.
Had a friend who had went blue than white name again, he had to w8 10h to switch back to blue.
BDW I choose to be blue name.
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012, 02:00 pm by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline HCG_Wrath

White names simply are in pk mode goes with danger of being pk-ed.
Had a friend who had went blue than white name again, he had to w8 10h to switch back to blue.

u obviously didnt read everything i said, and the whole point of this topic was teh uncalled for KSing of new ppl in game that causes some to quit, which in turn can hurt the server.

Offline kirya00

There is a difference between pking and griefing people to no end.. which is what's going on.  It's More then just 1 person from this guild or a person from that guild.. it's alot of people from different guilds.. It's just people in general being rude and picking on others because they are low lv. I agree as well. "Guild wars" are fun and what not but seriously people just because someone has this tag or that tag.. or no tag "ooo free/fresh meat" is just plain stupid. They went blue named so not to be pked then only to have the mobs taken from them by the higher lv/ Ksed.. a bit stupid. Personally maybe there should be a lv restriction or something put on the area.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
My question is why do people still continue to send newbie’s to VOS to level? Sure it is easy to afk level there but seriously the FCC is best location to level from 110-130 no matter your class. I have leveled up every class except my BM this way, 110-130 FCC, 130-140 TT, 140-150 Lunar……notice the pattern here, no? They are all caves therefore no one can ks, pk, pvp you are in there alone (or with a friend) and leveling faster than you ever will AOE leveling anywhere else. Don’t believe me? Go watch how Elly’s video she posted on how to properly run the Lunar to level fast, it can apply to every cave out there you just have to practice. That is how everyone should be leveling to avoid all this drama, or that at least what I tell my new guildie’s to do, with a lot of success  8) .

I do agree that these players should grow up and find something else to do but it’s a fact of private servers there will be the black sheep’s of every guild and there is nothing you can do about it you cannot change them so no use in trying all you can do is adapt to their insensate actions and ignore them and guild leaders need to quit harboring them. The best way to get rid of them is for every guild to communicate their names to each other and exile these certain people to the point to where they are alone. It doesn’t matter if they are good pvp’ers or not, there are a lot more honorable pvp’ers out there that are just as good if not better. I partly blame the guild leaders, grow up and get a hold on your members if you don’t want that stigma on your guild after all it is YOUR guild, the game gave you that Banish button for a reason.

As for the ksing I, to a certain degree, blame the gm’s, there is more to game management than sitting in west chatting or doing events, you should frequent these areas and make sure there is no one doing this sort of stuff it is one of the requirements of being a gm, maybe not from Agatio but in general it is pretty much common sense among us that have been on and off gm’s for at least 4 years. After saying that, I understand why you guys do not get involved with kill stealing issues although if someone is being harassed that’s a different story.

In final, Grief playing has been a HUGE issue in mmo’s since mmo’s have existed and the ONLY way to get rid of it is to exile these people, ignore them and possibly band together and take them out until they leave the server. Harboring them in your guild because of their pvp ability is absolutely ludicrous and a poor excuse to get people’s eyes off of you for allowing them to remain in your guild. We are an awesome community and I know A LOT of us want to keep it that way so listen to my words and don’t shrug them off as an old man’s ramblings and we can keep our awesome community.

Now it’s up to you guild leaders, players of the community and gm’s do we really want this in our community?
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012, 02:27 pm by darknae
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Faeryl

White names simply are in pk mode goes with danger of being pk-ed.Had a friend who had went blue than white name again, he had to w8 10h to switch back to blue.
BDW I choose to be blue name.

There is a difference between pking and griefing people to no end.. which is what's going on.  It's More then just 1 person from this guild or a person from that guild.. it's alot of people from different guilds.. It's just people in general being rude and picking on others because they are low lv. I agree as well. "Guild wars" are fun and what not but seriously people just because someone has this tag or that tag.. or no tag "ooo free/fresh meat" is just plain stupid. They went blue named so not to be pked then only to have the mobs taken from them by the higher lv/ Ksed.. a bit stupid. Personally maybe there should be a lv restriction or something put on the area.

My response on the highlighted area's above.

PK - Means “Player Kill” aka “Griefer” Which is used most often for online games such as MMORPG's. It is not a penalty kick aka PK term that is used in soccer, or a preachers kids aka PK, but rather the following: An anti-social gamer (...NO WAY!) who takes out the frustration of their Doritos crumb covered, introverted lives on strangers in a video game. That's right, a fudging VIDEO GAME! The only place people like this can feel some modicum of pride or strength. Their is NO difference between a pk'er or a griefer, their main intent is to  intentionally disrupt the gaming experience for players.

PvP is a MUTUAL agreement between two players or group to engage in battle. Therefore, if there is NO mutual agreement than it is PK or Grief playing.

Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012, 03:27 pm by Faeryl

Offline Elu

Interesting points of view and I agree with some of them. So here goes an opinion from someone who frequently goes kill noobies:

1) I agree that harrasing those persons is quite sad and stupid, in my case, I kill them once or maybe twice and then leave them so they can level in peace, if they ask me to not kill them nicely, I stop as well and always encourage them to go blue if they don't wanna get PK'ed.

Exception: If they go cursing and being a QQ baby, I'll not leave them alone though and I'll end up farming 20 hours of one person. >_>

2) There's a reason why there's a safe mode, to use it, some people might not use it because they don't know or maybe because they don't want to, but in any case, white names is like waving a flag saying "I can/will fight anyone that attacks me" or "I'm open for PK". So if they don't wanna get PK'ed, guilds should encourage them to go blue.

3) Some people think because we PK noobs we're in some deep shit emotional state or something, or that we can't kill people our level and stuff. As this might be true in some cases, I've found mostly it isn't. From my insight, why do I PK noobs sometimes? Well, let's see. I like the red name, can't blame me for liking red and there's only one way to get it. I've got nothing else to do sometimes, so I go and PK and see if a PK fest can be started by killing noobs. And last, but not least, it's a stress releiver.
-Retired-

Offline Momento

have to respond here lawl A-i kill anyone that kos *dont care abt lvl * B-newer ksed blue names why would i waste my time doing that?o.O + if you have prob being ksed from white name hit me bk in game i bet i can solve this probs better thna GMs huhuhuhuhuhu make love ppl make love huhuhuhuh

Offline Faeryl

Exodus,

So basically, your view is if a person is white named they become a sitting duck for harassment. I think a very important element is being left out and that is each character has a real life person behind it. That person has emotions and a valid right to not be harassed because they chose to be white named. What your saying would be no different than if I were walking down the street wearing a red shirt, and a gang member from the bloods drove up and shot and killed me for wearing the red shirt, or I get lost in the ghetto and stop to ask for directions and instead I am shot to death, just because I took a wrong turn and ended up in the ghetto. I understand this is a game and the other examples given are real life, but the principles remain the same, you don’t kill or harass just because you can.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
I'd like to avert the "pk'ers" attention for a moment ,omg yes I'm asking you to take time away from your busy schedule to read this 1 awesome article I found on this subject, then if you feel you should continue, by all means pk away!!!

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/rule1.html

If you read that and still want to pk new people, you do not deserve to be playing this game. Everyone knows newbies are easy kills and they drive your kill/death ratio WAYYYY up but please remember your manners and stick to people who have at least g17 and up. If not we the community will be forced to stop you as we all know the gm's won't do it but we can :) and that k/d ratio of yours? Forget about it.....

Your greatest enemy is your own ego