Epic Perfect World

Faction Websites

Offline Kazureblue

So, how many people actually use these. I know some require sign ups on their sites, and that's pretty awesome, but is it really worth it to make a faction website. I usually use them for guides and events and just getting to know the faction members a little better, checking up on things when I can't actually log into the game, but are the sites really helpful? Or are they kind of just a waste of time?

This is really just an opinion thread as I am trying to figure out whether or not our faction should make one, or if it would be a waste of my time to design one and set one up.

Also, should I make one, what are the best hosting sites to use? I know shivtr seems to be a pretty good one.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
As a faction leader I can tell you, yes they are worth it.  However, it is like pulling teeth to get members to sign up for it. 

The benefits as a leader are:
1) Communication/Faction Info. 
An ability to communicate about events and not have to be on 24/7 announcing the event because others don't do it for you ( i assume that some do, but we can't always fill up fact chat with that).  Information exchange is key for a faction to succeed imo.  You can also organize TWs with the site.  Advertise your factions voice chat program of choice.

2) A guild roster and tracker of who is active:
As people sign up you can start to look for them to be active.  Generally a person that will go through the small effort to sign up on a website will actually dedicate some time to being active in your faction.

3) Fun and games and a more family/friend making setting.
EPW isn't huge as far as servers go, but by thining down the larger portion of the game into 200- players you become more close nit.  Get to know each other better.  Become more of a family and tend to share with each other more.  Personally, I believe a faction is an in game family and should be able to share with each other (eg.  I have some members, myself included, that have donated 120-145 gears in case other up and comers need it)

4) I mentioned TWs in the first one.
If you want to succeed as a TW faction you NEED to be organized. Bottom line.  The site will help.

Thats just my 2 cents here..

I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline SeemsLegit

As a faction leader I can tell you, yes they are worth it.  However, it is like pulling teeth to get members to sign up for it. 

The benefits as a leader are:
1) Communication/Faction Info. 
An ability to communicate about events and not have to be on 24/7 announcing the event because others don't do it for you ( i assume that some do, but we can't always fill up fact chat with that).  Information exchange is key for a faction to succeed imo.  You can also organize TWs with the site.  Advertise your factions voice chat program of choice.

2) A guild roster and tracker of who is active:
As people sign up you can start to look for them to be active.  Generally a person that will go through the small effort to sign up on a website will actually dedicate some time to being active in your faction.

3) Fun and games and a more family/friend making setting.
EPW isn't huge as far as servers go, but by thining down the larger portion of the game into 200- players you become more close nit.  Get to know each other better.  Become more of a family and tend to share with each other more.  Personally, I believe a faction is an in game family and should be able to share with each other (eg.  I have some members, myself included, that have donated 120-145 gears in case other up and comers need it)

4) I mentioned TWs in the first one.
If you want to succeed as a TW faction you NEED to be organized. Bottom line.  The site will help.

Thats just my 2 cents here..
+ 9001.
Grim - barb
SeemsLegit - bm