Epic Perfect World

Barb. Tip

Offline bieme

• <3
  • <3
  • Characters: Bieme - 150 Sage Psy
Hey guys, most of you probably know this but for those who don't, i'm going to share a way of farming PV with you Barb. First buff (obviously) then your going to want to get as many mobs as you think you can handle. I'm not you but when i discovered this i was tanking whole rooms and hallways solo. But after you get as many as you can, if your not already switch to tiger. Your going want to use your skill Sunder then Beastial rage. Followed by a quick switch to Human form, you are going to want to use Slam and since you recieved all that chi from Beastial Rage you can use your Armageddon. This is a very effective way to clear P.V. and similar dungeons fast and taking the least amount of damage possible.

Bieme
Hey everyone i just wanted to let you know i love you all.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Need to hit Beastial Rage first. No sense waiting on sparks when you can do that first and have enough chi to do whatever chain you want. For example: Beastial Rage -> Invoke ->Roar (if Demon) -> Stand -> Tree of Prot -> Beastial Onslaught (again only if demon) -> Arma. With that, the enemies are taking damage from the reflect of demon Roar, you are not since you are Invoked, and your Arma now has roughly 25% more max HP (depending on ToP timing), and you also have probably close to a 70% chance to crit your Arma thanks to demon beastial onslaught. A skilled barb can pull this off in approximately 7 seconds after Invoke. If anything is still standing, THEN you hit Slam, to get everything off you so your charm can tick, and so you can move in a direction to align the mobs for the full fan effect of Swell. Movement is key with a barb, we only have two main aoes while standing and due to the fan-spread nature of Swell, you should ALWAYS be moving and aligning mobs.

Also, it is really sad seeing lvl 150 barbs in "end game" factions without the lvl 79 OHT skills. Seriously, they are way more important than rushing to 150, spend the day of farming it takes to get them.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline bieme

• <3
  • <3
  • Characters: Bieme - 150 Sage Psy
Im only lvl 130 im sorry if you didn't like my guide. I was just trying to be helpful. But yes i do agree with the skills im aboutto get my second one. Thanks for the additional tip i should have included the chi building part. :)
Hey everyone i just wanted to let you know i love you all.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Both of you made useful posts. Taken together give
lot of brain food for noob barb like me. Soon I will
play it more and this was good step up.

(BTW, my barb is Sage.)
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader

(BTW, my barb is Sage.)

Best barb to pull a catapult in TW.  Demon is better to kill with in PvP.  But sage can survive for much longer.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Best barb to pull a catapult in TW.  Demon is better to kill with in PvP.  But sage can survive for much longer.
This is just wrong on so many levels. There a lot of myths about how "sage barb is harder to kill", so I will dispel these here and now.

MYTH 1: Sage buffs are "better"/give more HP.
FACT: Demon and Sage HP buff both give 35%. Sage lasts one hour, Demon gives everyone in squad ~25 chi per cast. Sage SoT gives more physical attack than Demon, however this is useless for casters. The 5% crit increase from Demon however, is not.

MYTH 2: Sage barbs "have more HP"
FACT: Standing up, a Demon and Sage have the EXACT same damn amount of HP. Period. Only in Tiger Form does Sage get an extra 10% BASE HP. Note that this is NOT a 10% increase in your TOTAL.

MYTH 3: Sage barbs are "harder to kill"/"last longer"
FACT: Again, standing up, they are the same in HP and defense, and standing up, a Demon will win the fight with more probability than the Sage. In Tiger Form, Sage DOES get more physical defense. Now here is the part you have to brain a bit on: it's useless. The game mechanics offer diminishing returns on physical defense. In other words, it takes a larger and larger amount of physical defense to actually achieve a higher PHYSICAL reduction. For example 20K vs 22K defense will not make a damn bit of difference compared to 4K vs 6K. Sage and Demon barbs usually have the same amount of physical damage reduction in Tiger Form.

MYTH 4: Sage barbs are better for TW/catapulling
FACT: Demon Tiger Form allows for a 100% mellee damage reflect in duels, pve, and TW. Allllllll those sins that just sparked and jumped you on the crystal have now killed themselves. Trust me, I pulled catas for several top guilds on Dreamwever, and every TW, someone killed themselves on my Roar. Demon also allows full damage to targets, so you can defend yourself much better. There is no nerf while in tiger-form, you are now a 85K+ HP axe-BM with Invoke. Good luck killing that.

MYTH 5: Sage is better for tanking.
FACT: There is NO difference in the threat level generated between Sage and Demon. None. So the ability to generate aggro is the same. And there is absolutely NOTHING a Sage can tank that a Demon cannot.

@ The orginal poster:
I didn't mean to sound like an ass, bud. Sorry if you took it that way as I meant no offense. I am glad that you are taking the time to learn the class yourself, from the sounds of it, you just might become a big sexy fluffy pr0nstar one day. :3
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
So, you admit Sage barbs have more HP lol

Personally I go demon.  Never been sage barb cause i dun like that route.  Just going by what i was told. 
XD

*Edit*

Thanks for the clarification though ^^ i hadn't considered it as in depth as you.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
So, you admit Sage barbs have more HP lol
Only in some situations.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker