Epic Perfect World

Weird shit

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendzā„¢.
I was logging in epw game and it was counting to 40 and i was putting music on my phone i wasnt watching and when i looked back my computer was off and when i restarted it wasnt starting right it was starting to user page without letting me sign in it was clear page so i ended up doing a recovery anyone no what happened? i dont think it was the game but its still weird

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Uhm...Don't think it was EPW at all. (Not saying you were blaming EPW for anything)

Sounds like you maybe had a crash in your system.

- If you updated via Windows Update recently or something, that can also cause a problem at times, those files randomly become corrupt.

A turn for the worst?

- Could have been a RAT on your computer? (Prolly not but some ppl can send them through to your comp. and control it from there. Like shut it down, restart it, completely f**k your s**t up - Lol. (Deleting files that help your comp run or even start up at all.) idk just a thought.)

^ If you're more leaning toward that, you shouldn't add ppl on games or anything on Skype or any instant messenger btw. They can easily get your IP from it just saying, I've had problems with that in the past but luckily I knew what to do.

Idk what else to say but that's all I could think of atm lol.
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
A turn for the worst?

- Could have been a RAT on your computer? (Prolly not but some ppl can send them through to your comp. and control it from there. Like shut it down, restart it, completely f**k your s**t up - Lol. (Deleting files that help your comp run or even start up at all.) idk just a thought.)

^ If you're more leaning toward that, you shouldn't add ppl on games or anything on Skype or any instant messenger btw. They can easily get your IP from it just saying, I've had problems with that in the past but luckily I knew what to do.

Idk what else to say but that's all I could think of atm lol.

Wow! What does one do in a situation like that? All I know of is pull the plug and pray lol

Yet another reason I don't use Skype et al.
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Saphi

Wow! What does one do in a situation like that? All I know of is pull the plug and pray lol

Yet another reason I don't use Skype et al.
in a situation like that u pull the plug from your modem instantly and run your virus protection. and you should also know that anytime u photo share with others u open a door to your computer. it sucks but some people aren't happy unless they've pee'd in someones cherrios.

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendzā„¢.
i tired doing some research on it and i think it was one who was able to hack into computer and was sending some type of files or some shit that crashed cpu or some shit that has to do with motherboard of computer thats what my prof said

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Well I have 3 programs that I use to remove RAT's and the newest Dark Comet's immediately. But after I pull th plug on my internet connection as stated above. xD

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
I vote MageTank for President !
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Mrai

I vote MageTank for President !
Dunno if I'd say president.. But.. Quite a knowledgeable guy, for technological problems that is. Quite lucky to have someone like him on this server to give everybody peace of mind and spread the knowledge he has with us.

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Please, stop spreading misinformation, as your only causing much un-needed fear around the internet.

MageTank

I gain nothing from "spreading un-needed fear around the internet" And not spreading mis-information because it's possible and never said it WAS happening to his computer. Also, it's happened to me, members in my family, friends and a lot of other people I barely know over games online and through Skype.

I didn't post what I did to scare or troll, so don't post relating to my reply making me out to seem like the bad person trying to scare everyone. Because I felt that's the way you intended it to be.  I, just like everyone else that replied to try and "Help" or find out what's going on with his computer. Sorry I tried to help by guessing possibilities?

Offline Therras

• Papi.
I was logging in epw game and it was
counting to 40 and i was putting music on
my phone i wasnt watching and when i
looked back my computer was off and when
i restarted it wasnt starting right it was
starting to user page without letting me
sign in it was clear page so i ended up
doing a recovery anyone no what
happened? i dont think it was the game but
its still weird
Wahahaha it was me. -Points to my signature- >:D

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Nothing in my post accused you of such things, just the fact that someone knowing your ip in itself, wasnt a big deal. Anyone and everyone could know your ip, simply by you establishing a connection to them. The reason i quoted your post was because you made an assumption that was too far out of the ordinary. I merely explained why it wasnt the case. If you and your family has had such trouble with people remotely connecting to your pc's, im worried about what you and your family do on the internet. You understand casual browsing wont cause such harm, right? Going to normal sites (yahoo, google, youtube, facebook, wikipedia) and such wont cause the harm you describe, right? They are far too secure. If something like this were possible from such sites (again, they would warn their users) the chances of you being targeted, out of the millions of other users, are slim to none. This leads me to believe that your going places on the internet in which you have no business being. That, or you and your family trust the wrong people with access to your machines. Either way, i ment no offense to your post.

That being said, the chances of someone remotely accessing your pc without your knowledge, is very...VERY slim.

MageTank

No offense taken, just thought you were kind of saying I was purposefully scare xD