Epic Perfect World

Possible raise in cubi for votes?

Mrai

This is just a little suggestion, since I know it's a controversy in game. But. People are demanding too high of a raise and it would collapse the in game economy. 3g per vote? That's insanity. My suggestion is a little less radical of a raise. Raise it to 1g per vote. That way, the people get what they want -A raise in cubi per vote -, and economical balance is maintained, not to mention, it will keep people donating to keep the server up. So, in that sense, everybody wins.
Now, for myself personally, I don't really mind. I'm pretty grateful that we get ANYTHING for voting, when you really shouldn't get anything, you should just vote if you like the server. It should just be something people do, but people are greedy and always demand something in return.
Another thing you could do, give cubi for amounts of time online. Like, For the first hour, give 10 silver, Second hour, 20 silver, third hour, 30 silver and so on and so forth like that.
But I'm afraid that could upset economical balance, if people just afk when not playing like I do. I don't even think I've logged off for a week. But, maybe 5-10 silver for every hour people are on, wouldn't be too bad of an idea; Not exactly sure.
Anyway, no need to pay attention to my stupid ideas, just some stuff that went through my mind when I was thinking about the whole voting controversy.
And, please leave critical comments out unless it has some actual knowledge behind it based on what you've read, and it pertains to the subject of the thread,  because as I said, it's just some stuff that went through my mind, no need to jump down my throat about it.
Please and thank you, and sorry this post is so long. 

Offline Aki Rai

what about a small raise of cubi per vote for people that votes like 90x+ per month or something, so people who are not in top 20 (= the ones with life ijs) will get atleast something

Mrai

Hey, I'll be in the top 20, and I have a life. I just vote on my phone, and have alarms set to tell me when to vote. It's easy. xD And, I dunno, those are just ideas that popped through my mind. And with the cubi raise, you can lower the amount of cubi given to the people in the top 20, to like.. 30 gold each.

Offline SirClassy

• A BM's leap is considered "running." Right...
Well. Anyone with any kind of schedule or job cant ever hope to get into top 20. I vote to support my server and the people. And i get free stuff along the way (Not to bad.) I don't that 1gold per vote is a bad thing. But again. I'm happy to get anything.
How fitting.

Mrai

I have a schedule as well. o. o Part time job(Seasonal since they couldn't give me a full time with all the applications that came in.) schooling for my GED during the nights, and then doing work for my great grandmother whenever she calls. So.. It's kinda hard to vote, but I get it done with my phone. Definite plus of having a smartphone there. xD

Offline Aki Rai

Hey, I'll be in the top 20, and I have a life. I just vote on my phone, and have alarms set to tell me when to vote. It's easy. xD And, I dunno, those are just ideas that popped through my mind. And with the cubi raise, you can lower the amount of cubi given to the people in the top 20, to like.. 30 gold each.

I tryied to vote on my phone but since we have new site for voting it keeps telling me theres some error on site.
Not everyone can be online 24/7, like me, im waking up at 5am, at 6am im going to school, then work and im getting back at 6-7pm, while that time im not able to connect to net for vote and i made like 104 votes last month. THats why i said "no lifers", you also need to sleep sometimes so its really impossible to vote every 6 hours for normal person.  :(

Offline Aki Rai

Btw im not saying that I'm not glad to get Cubi for voting like now,  I mean im ok even with 60silver/vote, just saying that some people who have no chance to vote every 6 hours ( people with school/work/no net connection) should get something for trying, bcoz even the ones that aren't in TOP20 are supporting server with votes so...  x)

Mrai

I tryied to vote on my phone but since we have new site for voting it keeps telling me theres some error on site.
Not everyone can be online 24/7, like me, im waking up at 5am, at 6am im going to school, then work and im getting back at 6-7pm, while that time im not able to connect to net for vote and i made like 104 votes last month. THats why i said "no lifers", you also need to sleep sometimes so its really impossible to vote every 6 hours for normal person.  :(
Well, yeah, I'm on 24/7 as well, but that's because I just afk all the time. xDD I know what you mean though, my phone seems fine though, did you try clearing out the temp files from your internet app? Clear the cache and cookies as well.

Btw im not saying that I'm not glad to get Cubi for voting like now,  I mean im ok even with 60silver/vote, just saying that some people who have no chance to vote every 6 hours ( people with school/work/no net connection) should get something for trying, bcoz even the ones that aren't in TOP20 are supporting server with votes so...  x)
Yeah, I know what you mean. But, a little raise would make everybody happy and it would keep balance within the server as well.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
ppl will always want more -.-

used to be 40 silver per vote few months ago. (40 silver all together, not 40 silver per vote in each site, back then we had 1 site anyways lol).  that got raised and atm we are receiving $1.20 for votes (from both sites, which is more than it needs to be >.>),  increase it any further, people won't donate, and the economy will slightly degrade, its already at a degraded state (since the 10 day rollback incident), server's economy is still slowly recovering, ..... increase cubi, that recovery will either stop or go even slower,

GMs already stopped doing all those daily custom events, to help the economy get back up.

anyways.. blah blah blah..

Don't increase cubi -.-

as for staying online to recieve silver or w/e ... yeaaaa.. 1st) that won't help our server rating go up in any ways, 2nd) ppl will jut abuse it by going afk on multiple clients.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
For the votes while players are online couldn't the admin and gm's come with an idea where the cubi stops if you go afk and after a certain amount of time the counting stops? I have noticed something... If we were to vote every 4 hours like Blue dragon we would be in the top spot were only like what 100 votes off them? so instead of raising cubi why not reduce the hours to when we can vote to every 4 hours Isn't that a better idea? and then increase the gold/silver by a little bit. The more votes the better for the server right? I mean I don't play that much but I would like to but I am getting use to the game and I can't really do much. Please consider My ideas I think it will become more balanced that way.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
Well. Anyone with any kind of schedule or job cant ever hope to get into top 20. I vote to support my server and the people. And i get free stuff along the way (Not to bad.) I don't that 1gold per vote is a bad thing. But again. I'm happy to get anything.

+1
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Suwoloozz

• Elite
  • Skills are required in the battle !
Now everything is free.. it should be better for anyone, you can get EC + Cubi perday  ::)

Mrai

ppl will always want more -.-

used to be 40 silver per vote few months ago. (40 silver all together, not 40 silver per vote in each site, back then we had 1 site anyways lol).  that got raised and atm we are receiving $1.20 for votes (from both sites, which is more than it needs to be >.>),  increase it any further, people won't donate, and the economy will slightly degrade, its already at a degraded state (since the 10 day rollback incident), server's economy is still slowly recovering, ..... increase cubi, that recovery will either stop or go even slower,

GMs already stopped doing all those daily custom events, to help the economy get back up.

anyways.. blah blah blah..

Don't increase cubi -.-

as for staying online to recieve silver or w/e ... yeaaaa.. 1st) that won't help our server rating go up in any ways, 2nd) ppl will jut abuse it by going afk on multiple clients.
As I said to begin with. Don't jump down my throat over random ideas that go through my head. I never said they were GOOD.

Offline metalheadvt

This is just a little suggestion, since I know it's a controversy in game. But. People are demanding too high of a raise and it would collapse the in game economy. 3g per vote? That's insanity. My suggestion is a little less radical of a raise. Raise it to 1g per vote. That way, the people get what they want -A raise in cubi per vote -, and economical balance is maintained, not to mention, it will keep people donating to keep the server up. So, in that sense, everybody wins.
Now, for myself personally, I don't really mind. I'm pretty grateful that we get ANYTHING for voting, when you really shouldn't get anything, you should just vote if you like the server. It should just be something people do, but people are greedy and always demand something in return.
Another thing you could do, give cubi for amounts of time online. Like, For the first hour, give 10 silver, Second hour, 20 silver, third hour, 30 silver and so on and so forth like that.
But I'm afraid that could upset economical balance, if people just afk when not playing like I do. I don't even think I've logged off for a week. But, maybe 5-10 silver for every hour people are on, wouldn't be too bad of an idea; Not exactly sure.
Anyway, no need to pay attention to my stupid ideas, just some stuff that went through my mind when I was thinking about the whole voting controversy.
And, please leave critical comments out unless it has some actual knowledge behind it based on what you've read, and it pertains to the subject of the thread,  because as I said, it's just some stuff that went through my mind, no need to jump down my throat about it.
Please and thank you, and sorry this post is so long.
What your suggesting would only make the Epic pw economy worse.  On another note, telling someone not to do something only encourages them to want to do it more, especially on a subject like this.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
It is impossible for me to vote at work... :'(  As hard as I try I was only able to get into the 120+ bracket.  Maybe to be fair for all, take the players who get 100+ votes and do a lottery for the winners? Just a suggestion.