Epic Perfect World

WC, Teles, trying to be constructive

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
As we can see, moving Teles from God's Giving to Boutique
didn't solve the problem of bad language in World chat, but
did create new problems, namely with Voting Script abuse.

Mixing those two problems won't help us solve any of them.

One idea comes to mind, but first must ask:

Right now time between two consecutive messages has been
set to min 1 sec. That time is the same for World Caht, Squad
Chat, Guild Chat and elsewhere.

We don't want to change it for Squad and Guild chat.
Only for World chat.

If it is possible to set differently for different chats, then
World Chat can be set to 30 sec min between two messages
from same toon.

That way squad calls would be available to those who really
need them, and trolls would be limited and moved to guild
or private boxes.

If not possible to set timings for World Chat ONLY, separate
from timings for other chats, then simply just delete this topic.

Thank you very much for your patience.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Neeyn

• ❀ Sundrums & Soil ❀
Not sure if its possible, but a great idea!

❤❤❤Avalanche//Sage Seeker

Offline bionicblond

i doubt any of this will solve the troll problem....People who want to troll will always find a way, such as the trade chat, to me best fix for this is mute the individuals more often that are causing the problem.

Offline Aki Rai

Only for World chat.

from same toon.

or private boxes.

I was just thinking about exactly the same at the morning :D
I was thinking about why there are no trolls in WC on Aion and what's the difference between it and PW,and yes, its timer.

i doubt any of this will solve the troll problem....People who want to troll will always find a way, such as the trade chat, to me best fix for this is mute the individuals more often that are causing the problem.

About the thing with abusing another chanel such as Trade one, i see  nobody using it so you can always turn it off in your settings :)

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
I totally agree to this but a minute is a bit too much of an interval. If everyone had a minute limit between world chats, think of you really needing someone for a squad or selling something quickly before someone logs off, etc. And then think of how many people play this server. Most of them would be needing something and posting it in world chat. Your world chat would be scrolled up/disappeared by then and no one would see it.

On the other hand, Agatio was online the other day and I suggested a 10-15 second interval between world chats at LEAST. (I personally think 30 seconds max is comfortable)

He told me,"If it were possible, I would :l"

It truly bothers him more than us, trust me on that. I've seem him or other  GM's post on server message to STOP the WC drama or to take things off WC.

A bit of ranting from me:

So, it really sucks that it can't be done because there needs to be some sort of world chat fix with the drama/spam. People thinking world chat is a normal conversational chat channel need to cool it down and stop looking for this attention so badly to soothe their boredom, it's ridiculous. I've also seem people actually rage quit because they've necessarily been insulted so rudely.

I used to play Dreamweaver server on PWI and 90% of those trolls are from that server. (Personally, think Dreamweaver is the worst troll server on PWI) I had to keep world chat off before going to school or starting my day while I was in a good mood because seeing the drama or pointless arguments on there would just kill my mood.

Well, hopefully a way can be found soon, I think a lot of us that are quiet and barely use world chat would pretty much support this thread.

Thanks for hearing me out as well :)
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
good post, but, the solution to this is already in your own hands :/

The whole purpose of an MMO game is to interact with others, that includes with trolls as you call it.

what some would consider annoying or offensive or simply "bad language" others might consider amusing, or just a simple chat between friends, even if it slightly rude or talking down at others.

these trolls and what not make the game what it is -.-, sometimes its fun, competitive, quite sporting really, other times yea, they are a tad annoying, sometimes overly rude. thats what GMs are here for, and the GMs do moderate WC, when they are on, so i don't see anythign wrong with the way things are atm....  also, there's a lovely thing called "Blacklist", use it and you'l find peace.

there's no need to put more and more barriers in game and push people away from the game. some likes the competitiveness in a MMO game, especially when it comes to PvP. .. alot of the time people choose to bring all that competitiveness into WC, which some finds annoying, thats understandable, just switch over to fac./squad chat for few minutes then, or just blacklist the person.  that solves all the problem -.-

Anyways... basically....
the game would be pretty boring if everyone was too civilised :/ ijs.
and
There's a thing called Blacklist, use it, and you'll find peace. simple.

ijs, If you really want a more civilised PvP game, go play chess.

And tele's didn;t go to the boutique to cut down wc TROLLS, they went their to increase server votes mainly...

sorry, if this post sounds rude or repulsive, .. i just don't see any problem with the way things are, i mean.. yea i know there are alot of idiots and annoying WC spammers but hey, there's BLACKLIST !!!! ... the solution to the so called problem is in your own hands... why instead of taking care of it yourself, do u want to restrict people more. there are already some rules and barriers in wc,

besides, out lovely GMs are already muting and banning people that breaks these excessively, anyways. i even got the mute hammer on me a few times lol :/  -.- 

QQ at this if you will, its  just my opinion on the matter :/

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline xDelete

• Beer monster

Only for World chat.

from same toon.

or private boxes.

All I can say about this...u can go and change your chat setting, so u will only see the faction/squadchat at the same time..kthxbai

Offline Chire

All I can say about this...u can go and change your chat setting, so u will only see the faction/squadchat at the same time..kthxbai
LOL Slick! xD

Anyway, I dont get it why ppl QQ for days now about this? O_o whats the big deal???
KingCobra guides to dph and aps assasin. pay attention to the veri simple steps.
Aps assasin
1-donate ur house and live in a box to get 0.15 wrist on rank 8
2-get a genie with absolute domain,holy path,and 1 lv wind shield for 5 aps.
3-get shitload of wood pills and go ***ing pk

Dph assasin

1-Buy Rank 8 and pray allah for gof daggers and crit/dex on gear
2-Pray Allah for zerk+ crits and use earth rift like retarded  (Pray require minium of 6 hours a day for max gof proc)
...IF none of that work delete epic>go play Hello Kitty :normal-1:

Offline xDelete

• Beer monster
kkkk sorry for being right...I go delete n uninstall kk...-ragefap-

Offline Kazureblue

When it comes down to world chat drama, I'll admit sometimes it's a little over the top, but it's pretty cool to see some of those people that are "famous" on world chat around the game, and actually stop and talk to them for a change instead of just watching their conversations. I've never blacklisted anyone before, and probably never will. If there's drama, much like there was yesterday about certain factions, but we're not getting into that, it was actually pretty cool to see so many people standing up against the one person that was talking down the new faction. So many alliances were created with the one being talked down upon, and a lot of people united enough to get the one doing the flaming to be muted.

Some of those trolls are actually pretty cool people, as I know a few of them myself in game. And for some new people, World Chat is a way to break out of their shell and actually talk to people and make friends. Yeah, sure, the game is about leveling and killing mobs, and doing pvp, getting gear, whatever, but to some people it's about being social, because maybe their social life sucks. Maybe they're truly shy people with anxietys or whatever.

I mean yeah, WC should be used for finding squads or faction recruiting, or selling things, but it should be allowed to be there for conversations too. Most of those people probably do talk to each other in whisper or squad or fac chats, but they might just want to put their convo's in WC so that others will be more likely to talk as well. Maybe it isn't all about the attention, maybe it is, who knows. Maybe it's just about people trying to enjoy the game.

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
There's no need to put more and more barriers in game and push people away from the game.

There's a thing called Blacklist, use it, and you'll find peace.

I completely agree. There are plenty of people who enjoy talking via world chat. Even some of the GM's do it. It doesn't make sense to me, to hinder one groups happiness to further another's, when there are other solutions. We've already added filters and taken teles out of god's giving.

So, it really sucks that it can't be done because there needs to be some sort of world chat fix with the drama/spam. People thinking world chat is a normal conversational chat channel need to cool it down and stop looking for this attention so badly to soothe their boredom, it's ridiculous. I've also seem people actually rage quit because they've necessarily been insulted so rudely.

Spam and drama aren't tolerated, but wanting to stop people from having conversations in world chat is a bit much if you ask me. If you don't want to see it, there are several options. Turn off world chat, or blacklist people. There are GM's who moderate WC. Granted there may not always be one on, but we've all made it pretty clear that if you see someone breaking a rule, you're more than welcome to private message us a screenshot.

My skype is in my signature. Everyone can add me and let me know if there's something going on, and I will get on and deal with it if i'm at my computer or not asleep.

Offline Azzhole

• The Hated
Spam and drama aren't tolerated, but wanting to stop people from having conversations in world chat is a bit much if you ask me. If you don't want to see it, there are several options. Turn off world chat, or blacklist people. There are GM's who moderate WC. Granted there may not always be one on, but we've all made it pretty clear that if you see someone breaking a rule, you're more than welcome to private message us a screenshot.

My skype is in my signature. Everyone can add me and let me know if there's something going on, and I will get on and deal with it if i'm at my computer or not asleep.

I do keep private on only most of the day, and yes I know it won't stop via conversational. I should have been a little more clear about what I meant. I meant as like 5-15mins convo is alright but imagine like 5 ppl at once talking about something for over a half hour o_o that's what I meant. And not to stop completely, just chill with it a bit. :P Just correcting myself with the reply, rly.

(Btw I sent Agatio a msg just now about a rule thing but idk if he's there but I'll msg you too in a few if he's busy or afk)
~Now hate me for stating my opinion that conflicts with yours~

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran

Oh, I don't mind trolls, I don't mind bad language, I'm ok with eveything.

Just wanted to find some solution that will put teles back to God's Giving
and stop the situation where more problems were created than solved.

Don't worry about me, my skin is "thick enough"... LOL
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
good post, but, the solution to this is already in your own hands :/

The whole purpose of an MMO game is to interact with others, that includes with trolls as you call it.

There's a thing called Blacklist, use it, and you'll find peace. simple.

The only problem with that is, if I blacklisted the 10 trolls in WC, I would only see 1 WC every five minutes. Where's the fun in that? D:
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
g.

Just wanted to find some solution that will put teles back to God's Giving
and stop the situation where more problems were created than solved.

MAIN reason for it to be taken off gods giving to the boutique was to increase server votes.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf