Epic Perfect World

Anyone know the math behind calculating interval from gear?

Offline Morgana

Okay, let me be more specific.  On certain gears...you can get minus interval (for example Interval Between Hits -0.05 sec). Mainly I've noticed that minus interval stats only come in -0.05 sec & -0.10 sec.  I am a BM and without any armor on I have a base attack of 1.25 attacks per second.  I tried calculating this by adding the 0.05 and 0.10 from my gear to the base of 1.25 that i mentioned earlier, but when I look at my attack rate on my character info box, I'm getting numbers like 2.22 and 2.89, which I KNOW is not what you are supposed to get with adding numbers like 0.05 and 0.10.  So apparently, I'm doing the math wrong and that there's a certain way to calculate interval and how it changes your aps by how much.

Also, I am aware that for a BM the maximum aps you can have is 4 attacks per second. But is there a limit on how many aps you can have without using demon spark or any other skills that increase attack rate? Because on my current BM, I have tried adding interval, but for some reason I just can't seem to get any higher than 2.50.  But I was using Arena gear (lvl 130) at the time, so maybe it doesn't matter which type of arena gear you get, that you'll never get higher than 2.50  I don't know, but I am hoping someone who reads this does.

I know this may be a lot to read....and some people will probably just read till the second sentence, get bored, and just go to another thread xP but if there's anyone that truly knows the answer I would greatly, and I do mean greatly, appreciate it :)

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
Basically put, the interval between hits isn't the same as attacks per second. You need to divide 1 by your aps to find out how much time is spent between each of your attacks, then subtract any -int from that number, and then divide 1 by the number you received in order to find your new aps.

For example, fists and claws have a base of 1.43 aps. So you do 1/1.43 which gives you something around 0.699.
The max -int you can get in this game is -0.35 (.1 from weapon adds, .1 from wrists, .05 from wearing 2 pieces of HA, another .05 from 2 pieces of LA, and .05 from a Pan Gu tome.) So subtract 0.35 from 0.699 which gives you around 0.349.
Divide 1/0.349 and you get 2.86, which is the max unbuffed unsparked aps you can get in-game.

Offline Morgana

Thank you Chum :)
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2012, 11:40 pm by Morgana