Epic Perfect World

Plz give the veno some love

Offline Nerlda

• Confidence born of ignorance
 Hello
My first post and sadly i have to start with some QQ.As a veno i have huge problem finding  GV ,
let me give you guys some example
last week i joined a squad i was the second on in it , took about 40 min to fill it , \then they leader kicks me because he wants a second seeker, funny thing was we did already have a wiz and archer  :-X

another time cleric leave squad because he refuse to do GV with a veno and a barb in the squad ,

Is it the end of the world if you have one veno in your GV squad? i know veno lacks AoE skills but they can still do damage and we do have Amp etc.
well thats al for now and sorry for my crappy English

Scylla

Hello
My first post and sadly i have to start with some QQ.As a veno i have huge problem finding  GV ,
let me give you guys some example
last week i joined a squad i was the second on in it , took about 40 min to fill it , \then they leader kicks me because he wants a second seeker, funny thing was we did already have a wiz and archer  :-X

another time cleric leave squad because he refuse to do GV with a veno and a barb in the squad ,

Is it the end of the world if you have one veno in your GV squad? i know veno lacks AoE skills but they can still do damage and we do have Amp etc.
well thats al for now and sorry for my crappy English

I generally don't mind taking venos as long as they don't afk and I don't have another single target DD in squad (such as barb or psychic). Nothing wrong with venos imo.

Offline columbine

• Old lady
  • Alt-oholic
I generally don't mind taking venos as long as they don't afk and I don't have another single target DD in squad (such as barb or psychic). Nothing wrong with venos imo.

FYI, psys have 2 or 3 single-target damage skills.  Most of a psy's damage skills are AOE.

Sin, Cleric, Psy, Seeker, Barb, Mystic, Wiz, Archer, Veno...I likes 'em all

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Some ignorants spread wrong info, others just accept, don't use their own heads.

I love Veno's AoE poison and few other things.
My Veno in PWI is only lvl 50, but here I had
Veno in GV few times with me (us) and things
worked well. Didn't make my own veno here yet.

About Psy I had no idea and didn't mind, but
when made my own I saw several AoE skills.
It's still noob but I don't hurry to level it up.
I'm learning skills first.

~~~~~

The reasons for GV run failure are far more
often in way of playing.

One simple example among many:
Lot of people I saw at Spawn Point
set too far ahead, then ranging mobs
spread in the field and you have to
chase them few by few.

Sometimes I have problems to explain them
that pulling a bit back, and making mobs to
come closer those few meters, will make them
enter the narrow space of that passage ("canyon")
and concentrate them for easier and faster AoE-ing.
Especially stunning waves. Hitting more of them
simultaneously will speed up their killing and
increase survivability of the squad.

Plus, if you set more to the back, behind back spawning
mobs, you will easier protect your Cleric.

~~~~~

People don't think, don't understand the strategy, and
in case of failure find wrong reasons for that.

"We were always doing like this" and similar crap...
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Tali

Veno must get lots of love!

People don't understand, my demon veno, can have a free ironguard with Demon Summer sprint + feral concentration, has a 75% bramble reflect, her Parasitic Nova becomes an HF...ahh demon veno is so amazing. I had a 103 demon veno on PWI, and she was definitely my most powerful class.

Another thing people don't realize, is that hercs can do pulls as well as a barb, making soloing pull dungeons super easy  ???. But, so can a veno, whereas skills such as bramble hood and that one morai skill (forget the name, reflects all phys def, no attack incoming), turning you into a viable tank.

This is all on a pure mag toon, tbh I don't find HA veno to be useful...you can have a hell of pdef by using HA orns and rings...

Veno is definitely a very powerful character, but too few people have that ability to master it.  ;)

Offline tragedy

Well said, Tali. I see what you're saying about demon veno's, but personally I always go sage on them ^^

I've never had a problem with veno's in GV. They may not have a lot of AOE's, but their Noxious Gas has a pretty good CL, and sage veno's get lots of chi frequently to either pass to the other AOE's in squad (since their AOE's will likely be interrupted in certain waves and extra chi to start up their AOE is always very handy) or to use their second AOE, the Parasitic Nova.

And even though I've never tried it, a veno could indeed be a good puller in GV (especially if they're sage). They can simply go fox form and use bramble hood and they got 15seconds of rounding up mobs and pulling them into the AOE's.

Also, of course, they can bramble each squad member which is always a nice little bonus when everyone's getting hit :)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Tali

And even though I've never tried it, a veno could indeed be a good puller in GV (especially if they're sage).

I'm too lazy to check the ecatomb site, sage veno gets more def? I don't remember. But +1 to this, on the flip side, demon fox form gives you 6 seconds of ultraspeedboost, clocking in at about 12 m/s, it's pretty nice.

Another thing I wanted to add to tragedy's post, my husband's toons never have a spark genie skill...because he always has a veno! There's some things that venos do waaay better than genies...why waste slots on a genie for pulling/spark?

??? I also see a lot of venos don't use pet...which confuses me, since when I play veno I am in the mindset that I am an assistant to my pet..My herc is my tank, my main dd, I sit on the side and just debuff, cast dots, whatever...so why is herc tossed aside  :(  If you let the herc cast bash x4, if he has reflect as well it's hard for others to outdps his aggro.  ;D Maybe I just love my herc

LeakyKitty

Strange..im loved in parties with my veno lol. I guess you're squading with just ignorant idiots Nerlda :c
Last Edit: Sept 15, 2012, 04:06 pm by Kyandisu || Fufu

Offline Alirkahn

make veno pets op  ;D

veno r tamer for reasons  8)

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
Why everyone female dogs about seekers I'll never understand. You don't NEED a seeker for GV it would just be nice to have one.... I wouldn't mind a veno for GV they have AoE's just depends on who's in my squad. I just don't want too many casters. Just get proper AoE DD's... I've done plenty of successful GV's on my veno, but hey that's just me. But kicking someone because you want another class when you've already formed the squad is just plain rude. I don't care who it was (even if it was my wife scylly YEAH IM CALLING YOU OUT) That's just effing rude, and you deserve to burn in the fiery pits of hell. Okay no too far but still a jerk.
Last Edit: Sept 15, 2012, 06:33 pm by losergoddess
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Tali

Why everyone female dogs about seekers I'll never understand. You don't NEED a seeker for GV it would just be nice to have one.... I wouldn't mind a veno for GV they have AoE's just depends on who's in my squad. I just don't want too many casters. Just get proper AoE DD's... I've done plenty of successful GV's on my veno, but hey that's just me. But kicking someone because you want another class when you've already formed the squad is just plain rude. I don't care who it was (even if it was my wife scylly YEAH IM CALLING YOU OUT) That's just effing rude, and you deserve to burn in the fiery pits of hell. Okay no too far but still a jerk.

Classism is the worst type of ism.

It killed my father and killed my sister

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
Classism is the worst type of ism.

It killed my father and killed my sister

o-o
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline .

Welp, I didn't even mind to read this post, was thinking about it, Til I saw what Mord quoted.

Yup, Don't think Imma read this post.

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
Everyone excuse Jenna she's drunk

Offline .