Epic Perfect World

Vortex incorrect spell explanation.

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
So, I made an alt seeker to level my AA and LA characters that have more trouble than the HA characters do in PV.  I always try to stat the mag up a bit for the vortex to hold over long durations of me pulling to the death whorl.   I hadn't checked it in a while to see the mana cost and when I did I reread the spell explanation.  When I did, I realized why so many newer seeker players have such trouble understanding why the vortex dies on them easily even with charm (if they don't pot mana).

See my SS.   Could GM's go in and change this skill to read correctly as I say in the SS? Just to help newer players a bit...  :D
I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Ste_

So, I made an alt seeker to level my AA and LA characters that have more trouble than the HA characters do in PV.  I always try to stat the mag up a bit for the vortex to hold over long durations of me pulling to the death whorl.   I hadn't checked it in a while to see the mana cost and when I did I reread the spell explanation.  When I did, I realized why so many newer seeker players have such trouble understanding why the vortex dies on them easily even with charm (if they don't pot mana).

See my SS.   Could GM's go in and change this skill to read correctly as I say in the SS? Just to help newer players a bit...  :D

Im sure this is the same thing on PWI main servers. I dont think Aga can change anything to do with skills (I could be wrong) But most players hould know its mana that ticks as it says earlier in the description 'XXXX amount of mana used per second' And Vortex should pretty much never drop since you are always charmed. (Never had Vortex drop on my seeker unless I cancelled it or was interupted.

Offline Mizotasu♥

• qt sage werepenguin~
  • Characters: Mizotasu, Lilly
  • Faction: Tyrants/Siege
With Chi they mean mana lol xD 

Offline Lan

• mmm bacon
  • Harshland Leader
Yeah lol

Just noticed it today and remembered my first experience as a seeker a year ago and figured if it can be changed it may spare others from my facepalm-able confusion as a noob seeker a year ago.

Either way most people will probably be more observant than me and catch the real meaning of the explanation.

I am.
Lan 150 Dem/Seeker           StelioKontos 150 Dem/BM
BloodKnife 150 Sage/Sin      Ashaman 150 Sage/Wiz
Aftershocks 150 Sage/Psy   Lion_O-150 Dem/Barb
Boba_Fett 150 Dem/Archer  More to come...

Offline Mizotasu♥

• qt sage werepenguin~
  • Characters: Mizotasu, Lilly
  • Faction: Tyrants/Siege
yehh i understand what u mean haha,
i got a seeker too, and when i readed that i was sure they ment mana.
but i play this pretty long now, but now u know :P

Offline metalheadvt

Over here they might be able to change it but that is how it is even in pwi as well, so good luck on that

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
Pretty sure there is another description error on vortex aswell regarding mana drain. We already know about this though.

-Moved to Bug thread

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
will be fixed with today's patch

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
will be fixed with today's patch
While you're already there, can you fix description on Infinite weapon effect? Many people think it's useless 'cause 50 chi effect is written as mana.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language