Epic Perfect World

Pk and PvE - suggestions

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Before I start, I would like to say I had lots of fun since I joined this server nine months ago, it was never too boring or dull. Farming was fun, Pk was fun. People actually used to take time to level and were not in a hurry to get everything in a few days - original idea to level 140-150 in 3 weeks was better than what it is at the moment. Never mind about that. What I want to say is that at the moment, game is boring. For me, at least. Before I get bored out and leave for another server, here's a few suggestions coming from me.

1. PvE is boring. GM do hold events but bosses are quite easy - There's no real challenge, as 2 people together can easily solo the hardest boss in quite a short time. My suggestion is making a custom GM-spawn boss that is really, really hard. Not like those Ultima's. Make it more HP - 2 billion or so. Make its attacks hit harder - Anything but a barb will be one shot, strong magic and physical aoe's, attack and defense buffs (and not those lame attack buffs, I mean the buff like Steelation in 3-1 has), aoe purge, aoe stun, add EVERYTHING you can to it. The boss should be hard to kill even if whole server population is doing it. Of course, it shouldn't drop anything as it would make players in one squad obtain everything. No - the reward should be x 2 for a few hours or something - and this boss should be spawned each ten days or whatever. Since spawning it too much would spoil players even more. Other, weaker bosses should be made too. Or already existing ones should get a boost.

2. Pk is quite boring as well. It should not be. But if situation is one guild against few others it's not gonna be fun. I know you added Nightscream island but it doesn't seem to fix it - people are rarely pking there and I see many dropping low amounts of old bronze coins which are not exchanged for real ec. My suggestion is making a new set of gear or an upgrade - I know you added r8 recast recently but what we need here is gear that needs to be farmed by PK. Like nightscream island. But for new upgrade of gear you need 1000 bronze coins. Or something like that. People can get the new r8 gear that was added by just farming ec in blue name - exchanging for rep. In order to get new gear you would have to pk and therefore it would mean more pk. But new gear should not be much stronger than dragon so people with dragon could have chance against those without.

I hope something will be done to stop the boredom, I don't like just standing out there and doing nothing, unless there's some real pk in which our side usually gets outnumbered and it doesn't last for long anyway. PvE related I don't seem to have much to do either, world bosses are never there nor is Harpy Wraith, for tougher bosses we need to wait for GM's.. etc.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Recoil

• <3NoHomo
you mean your telling me:

you find it boring to team up and aoe purge/amp a group outside west and run LOL

you sure do it enough, that it wouldnt be boring to you :P
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2012, 03:39 am by Recoil

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Boredom is always in the mind.
When people are "too lazy" or "too proud" to do something.
The boss you describe would be boring to me. Hit and die all day
for what? If I wanted "slow and painful" stuff, I'd stay on PWI.

Ok, maybe GM's or Aga can add some boss(es) like that,
there is surely list of people that would like it,
but please don't change or remove what is already here.

For me this server is my "dream server" the way it goes now.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline buschkatze

If I get pushed to pk only for gear I leaving same day the server lol. 

Offline Munin

Before I start, I would like to say I had lots of fun since I joined this server nine months ago, it was never too boring or dull. Farming was fun, Pk was fun. People actually used to take time to level and were not in a hurry to get everything in a few days - original idea to level 140-150 in 3 weeks was better than what it is at the moment. Never mind about that. What I want to say is that at the moment, game is boring. For me, at least. Before I get bored out and leave for another server, here's a few suggestions coming from me.

1. PvE is boring. GM do hold events but bosses are quite easy - There's no real challenge, as 2 people together can easily solo the hardest boss in quite a short time. My suggestion is making a custom GM-spawn boss that is really, really hard. Not like those Ultima's. Make it more HP - 2 billion or so. Make its attacks hit harder - Anything but a barb will be one shot, strong magic and physical aoe's, attack and defense buffs (and not those lame attack buffs, I mean the buff like Steelation in 3-1 has), aoe purge, aoe stun, add EVERYTHING you can to it. The boss should be hard to kill even if whole server population is doing it. Of course, it shouldn't drop anything as it would make players in one squad obtain everything. No - the reward should be x 2 for a few hours or something - and this boss should be spawned each ten days or whatever. Since spawning it too much would spoil players even more. Other, weaker bosses should be made too. Or already existing ones should get a boost.

u really wanna get onhitted for 20 hours ?  go go go but dun count on me

2. Pk is quite boring as well. It should not be. But if situation is one guild against few others it's not gonna be fun. I know you added Nightscream island but it doesn't seem to fix it - people are rarely pking there and I see many dropping low amounts of old bronze coins which are not exchanged for real ec. My suggestion is making a new set of gear or an upgrade - I know you added r8 recast recently but what we need here is gear that needs to be farmed by PK. Like nightscream island. But for new upgrade of gear you need 1000 bronze coins. Or something like that. People can get the new r8 gear that was added by just farming ec in blue name - exchanging for rep. In order to get new gear you would have to pk and therefore it would mean more pk. But new gear should not be much stronger than dragon so people with dragon could have chance against those without.
PK for gears ? u should stop consume drugs !!  start realize that 65% of the ppl PVE mostly and there we got the reason why PK  make u bored now... because just 30 or 40 ppl PK the whole day maybe less and since when gears are made just for pker huh?

I hope something will be done to stop the boredom, I don't like just standing out there and doing nothing, unless there's some real pk in which our side usually gets outnumbered and it doesn't last for long anyway. PvE related I don't seem to have much to do either, world bosses are never there nor is Harpy Wraith, for tougher bosses we need to wait for GM's.. etc.

My suggestion ..... make a rest from the game for like 1 week then come back, if u still bored Quit, if u gat back fun in game  stay

have a nice day

DeVon Sin 150  -  Eroja Psy 150  -  Balder BM 150
FluFFy WB 150  -  Drave EP 150  -  Munin MG 150
Baldur  Seeker  150     -     Caster1  Mystic  150

Offline Bowydude

• I am good and you are not.
  • Characters: Bowydude
  • Faction: Xpendable
See Elly, This is what separates you from the mindless rabble of EPW today =p

PvE is no challenge (i dont pve much but still) i can solo ultima with hardly a scratch, if you think everything should be piss easy, go to vendetta or some sheet where you level in 15 mins and get your gear by voting a few times.

As for PvP Gear. That is one of the best suggestions i've heard in a while. and the fact that old bronze coins drop upon death and you farm 1000 of them, well thats just awesome.

Bowy, The PvP King
You Better Be Scared...

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I understand most of the people PvE but there aren't many challenges left in the game when you have full dragon gear. Now, the gear you would farm by pking doesn't need to be better than Dragon. Agatio recently added rank 8 recast but you can just PvE farm it, I honestly don't see why would anyone prefer rank 8 recast over dragon gear in boss fights or whatever. Better solution was making r8 recast farmable by pking - because only pkers have profit from it, and it's still not better than dragon. I understand it's too late now, but another set of gear similar to dragon but with slightly better random stats and same base stats (basicly same as r8 recast) wouldn't hurt anyone as it would be optional as r8 is at the moment.

Now, I don't get your opinions about PvE. If you don't want a tougher boss, what is it left? If I was blue named and didn't want to pk I honestly don't know what I would've been doing. Is it fun setting auto spark macro on a boss and waiting a few minutes until it's dead to get drops that you can only use to obtain new flyer or mount 'cause you already have full gear and elixirs are pretty useless if you don't pk? Okay, if that is fun to you, I have no problem with that but I still want something harder, something that will be a challenge to me.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
My dear friends, if someone didn't understand me,
I was saying: ADD IT IF POSSIBLE, JUST DON'T REMOVE
THE GOOD STUFF THAT IS ALREADY HERE.

My additional comment about "boredom" was my
attempt to "encourage" and "challenge" you.
I'm sorry if I failed. Nobody's perfect.

"Mindless rabble" of EPW server is full of diversities,
and tons of content enrichments are welcome as long
as it doesn't make server start lagging. Of course, respect
Aga's time and effort and don't ask for too much.

"Most people" can do PvE or PvP, I don't know, and
I don't care. Whichever group is bigger, both groups
I respect equally high.

Plus, groups are mixed because lot of people like to do both.
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2012, 03:47 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
PvE is boring if you just blatantly play through it, of course.
No one sees all the cool things the game has o.o ... I'll never get why.
I feel like the almost only person who even takes ANY interest in the things behind the blatant playing aka the background stories and things that were never implemented and left untold.