Epic Perfect World

Psychic buffs to be Selfcast only

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
As if u look for psy buffs on Psy's himself (Soul of Silence) it's not that hard to kill them cuz even with Will Surge genie skill that makes u immune to silence u can actualy see that Soul of Silence doesn't proc so much, BUT if u put it for example on Full Tank Sage Barbarian's who have buffed over 120k hp it makes em totaly imposible to kill (i am a demon barb with 64k hp in tiger and it's still hard to kill me with Soul of Silence on (tested 10v1 in Lost City Arena with faction mates)) so i was thinking about having Soul of Silence and Soul of Vengeance (not that Vengeance is something special it drains all ur mana anyway since u can't learn it lvl 11 Sage) to be used as SELF ONLY buffs so u can't cast it on other classes, for other example with Melee class like BM's and Barb's try kill an Archer with Soul of Silence on it (Jenna is living proof) 1st u can't catch them, 2nd if u do u get silenced and they run away again (talking about massive pk not  1v1) and not everyone is focused to kill Archers 1st they go at Clerics and Veno's who can't run away as Archer can(Leap Left,Leap Right,Max Evasion buff,Anti Stun,2x Holy Path from genie, Even Ironguard with Anti stun on). Would like to see oppinions about this. Thank you for ur time.

Deno - 150 Werebeast

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
I dis-agree to Psy buffs selfcast but then there goes tw strategy for using on barbs. Also, Archer is not meant to tank your barb/sin/bm/etc You call it running, they call it playing their class.
1. Archers don't tank.
2. Archers get their damage output by distance between said archer and the opponent.
3. Mass PK is strategy and skill. There is such a thing called stunlock. Yes archers have 2 anti stuns and leaps to avoid taking maximum damage.

Questions:
Do you expect an archer to tank everything and live to be worth anything?
Do we make cleric buffs selfcast also?
BM?
Barb?
Seeker?
and so on.

Offline Ste_

The sad thing about it is, a few people have Psy alts just to buff themselves cause they cant PK with self buffs. This is why people suggest such things. I agree to an extent that Psy buffs be selfcast only.

Offline Jeff_Lord

• Vida or Morte?
  • Characters: Jeff_Lord | Nimmanic | Jeff___Lord
  • Faction: Category5
here is the thing they all take mana away and also i have killed barbs with silance on them O.o u got to practice more and stop filling forums with thing u are the only one disliking it noone else is complaining and the other reason it is aloud is coz its also for instances so the tanks dont take as much for hits and to keep aggro. its bad enoughs psys power has been reduced by 75% so if u dont like just dont atk anyone with the buffs
Characters

Jeff_Lord-psy-150 Demon
Jeff___Lord-Wiz-150 Demon
JeffLord-seeker-150 Demon
Hedleshorsmn-seeker-150 Demon
Yataghan-barb-150 Demon
Nimmanic-sin-150 Sage

(Making more and have lots more just to lazy to name all of them)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HefdhQ5MN6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
I dis-agree to Psy buffs selfcast but then there goes tw strategy for using on barbs. Also, Archer is not meant to tank your barb/sin/bm/etc You call it running, they call it playing their class.
1. Archers don't tank.
2. Archers get their damage output by distance between said archer and the opponent.
3. Mass PK is strategy and skill. There is such a thing called stunlock. Yes archers have 2 anti stuns and leaps to avoid taking maximum damage.

Questions:
Do you expect an archer to tank everything and live to be worth anything?
Do we make cleric buffs selfcast also?
BM?
Barb?
Seeker?
and so on.
I say that because Psy buffs have massive cooldown(i think it's 15 minutes cooldown) and Cleric buffs and BM and Barb buffs are 5 sec cooldown and made to cast on everyone and Psy buff can be only casted on 1 person and after that it must expire before casted on to someone else including himself

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
here is the thing they all take mana away and also i have killed barbs with silance on them O.o u got to practice more and stop filling forums with thing u are the only one disliking it noone else is complaining and the other reason it is aloud is coz its also for instances so the tanks dont take as much for hits and to keep aggro. its bad enoughs psys power has been reduced by 75% so if u dont like just dont atk anyone with the buffs
Soul of Silence doesn't take away mana, Soul of Vengeance does

Offline Ste_

Quote from SoS Description:

"Each succesful Silence will cost mana of the Damage Taker"

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 03:57 pm by Ste_

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
Quote from SoS Description:

"Each succesful Silence will cost mana of the Damage Taker"

oh well i didn't notice mana running low on my barb ever so i didn't know that o.o

Offline Jeff_Lord

• Vida or Morte?
  • Characters: Jeff_Lord | Nimmanic | Jeff___Lord
  • Faction: Category5
they both do
Characters

Jeff_Lord-psy-150 Demon
Jeff___Lord-Wiz-150 Demon
JeffLord-seeker-150 Demon
Hedleshorsmn-seeker-150 Demon
Yataghan-barb-150 Demon
Nimmanic-sin-150 Sage

(Making more and have lots more just to lazy to name all of them)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HefdhQ5MN6k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline SolBadguy

It's not as noticeable of a mana drain because it only drains mana when it procs. SoV is a lot more noticeable because every hit causes a drain. But anyways, I disagree with changing it, or anything else for that matter. It's part of the game, deal with is. lol

Offline siricouture

It actually is pretty smart for an Archer to have SoS on. Archers are made so that the further away from the target they are the more damage they do. Level an archer, try it. I think there's only two or three skills that doesn't go by that rule...out of like how many different attacks they have? So when an Archer "runs away" aka KITING it's because that archer Knows how to play their class.

Also, Like any physical class archers are more weak to magic instead of some bm fisting them all day ijs.

Barb though yea it is annoying, but I am usually nicer and just place a SoV on the toon instead of SoS.

But there are some benefits with SoS like..in GV or FC if there's anything attacked the cleric or a squisy person = SoS them. I can see EXACTLY what is attacking them making it easier to get them off my cleric/squishy.  (Not calling clerics squishy, I help level friends in fc and such)
Putting SoS on a cleric will help them heal your pk team better....SoV on any toon will make them "hit" things harder and live longer in pk for no one really wants to go after a SoV'd person etc etc.

Its annoying at times but if you use them right they can benefit you too. The only bad part is that yea...the channeling is so fast if I accidentally have someone tabbed...they're stuck with it for 10 minutes x.x Sorry D:

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
If skills were editable, I would edit SoS to be self cast only, because what are people doing with this skill sometimes is ridiculous.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
SoS self cast is a bad idea, each SoS can only be cast once. The problem is alts buffing with SoS. If a psychic chooses to buff another person then they themselves don't have SoS, meaning that there should only be the same number of SoS as there is psychics. Alts buffing ruins this.

Personally if I beat someone in 1v1 there is a point where it is no fun, if they come out with SoS it adds a challenge and some fun to it.

Archer with Soul of Silence on it (Jenna is living proof) 1st u can't catch them, 2nd if u do u get silenced and they run away again (talking about massive pk not  1v1) and not everyone is focused to kill Archers 1st they go at Clerics and Veno's who can't run away as Archer can(Leap Left,Leap Right,Max Evasion buff,Anti Stun,2x Holy Path from genie, Even Ironguard with Anti stun on).

Dude... Archers are ment to kite...
1) They do half damage within a certain range
2) They have evasion and speed buffs, designed for kiting
3) They have stuns and freezes, to help kite
4) They have the longest stun immune, to stop people from stunning
5) Morai leaps, to kite when frozen
6) Stealth (combined with leaps) to kite if the enemy gets too close

Roll an archer and fight ANY of my characters without kiting :)

If skills were editable, I would edit SoS to be self cast only, because what are people doing with this skill sometimes is ridiculous.
It has gotten ridiculouse yes, but it does kill mp in mass PvP. If we could get sage then it would be WAY to good (No mp drain). No mana no seal :)
It is still possible, and not too dificult, to kill through it in mass PvP, its just people like the following that don't use any real tactics, which have trouble.

i am a demon barb with 64k hp in tiger and it's still hard to kill me with Soul of Silence on (tested 10v1 in Lost City Arena with faction mates

If there were 10 people on him, and they all worked together using willsurge they wouldn't have too much trouble.
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2012, 09:20 am by Nexy