Epic Perfect World

Food for thought.

Offline Ambrosia

To Whom It May Concern:

"Only the gentle are ever really strong"  -James Dean

If your hobby is to run sneak around in hide, trying to find noobs to kill, then I highly suggest you reevaluate your self confidence and perhaps even consult professional help.  Just something to think about. 

xoxo,
Ambrosia

Offline buschkatze

To Whom It May Concern:

If your hobby is to run sneak around in hide, trying to find noobs to kill, then I highly suggest you reevaluate your self confidence and perhaps even consult professional help.  Just something to think about. 

Ohh I love this  :P Could be from me also. But u know what will be the answer from 'who It May Convern' ?
1. f,,k u (the most used word here on Epic, besides of 'lick my balls')
2. I dont care, was fun
3. this is a pk server so quit game ..
4. go blue if u r in a 'non' safe area (not thinking that u cannot switch immediately blue again from white name)

But anyway, is completly right what u wrote, even if THIS special ppl does not have brain to understand it :)

xoxo,
Ambrosia

Offline Grinder

• Leader of the 4th reich
To Whom It May Concern:

If  our hobby is to run sneak around in hide, trying to find noobs to kill, then I highly suggest you reevaluate your self confidence and perhaps even consult professional help.  Just something to think about. 

Ohh I love this   Could be from me also. But u know what will be the answer from 'who It May Convern' ?
1. f,,k u (the most used word here on Epic, besides of 'lick my balls')
2. I dont care, was fun
3. this is a pk server so quit game ..
4. go blue if u r in a 'non' safe area (not thinking that u cannot switch immediately blue again from white name)
5.Why you go into a PK zone with a white name if you don't want to attend PK ?

But anyway, is completly right what u wrote, even if THIS special ppl does not have brain to understand it

xoxo,
Ambrosia

Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:17 am by Grinder
Ajdin - 150 sin
CearBear - 150 EA
Hooker - 150 seeker

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I really dont think shrine of the ancestors should be a pk area (still not a safe zone, but without people going there with the intention to pk), but players seem to have chosen there, of all places, to have as an alternative area to west.

As for pk in chrono maps, if people fill big for going around killing level 110-130s, what can we do but shake our heads...

If anyone is threatening you with pk though (Not just low levels), please SS and send it in.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline OffTarget

• Life is what you make it
probably 90% of the people with red names got it by killing an alt or killing low levels. im sorry u were killied when farming its something we all had to deal with  however on the other hand  u have the option to stay blue name u chose to go white name :/ unfortunately that is the risk u take.

Offline Ambrosia

I posted this with the intentions of perhaps reminding the players I encountered (and hopefully the many more that I and other noobs won't have to encounter) of their humility.  This is by no means a complaint; it is simply something for them and others to consider. 

re the list:

1.  I have no words for such common foul words; and hey, if it makes them feel good by using what every other English speaking person is able to sputter, who'm I to deny them of such pleasures?  Oh, but do note that the phrase is meaningless other than indicate that perhaps they are incapable of something better to say for themselves?  Not really my concern.
2.  Lethargic answer.  See above.
3.  lol, silly answer.  My choice to leave this community or not does not require anyone's suggestion.  <;
4.  Don't worry, it's in progress; just need 10 hours.  I was playing around earlier with guildmates, unaware that other end-game players have the desire to strike while I'm simply farming chrono sands for a friend's gear.
5.  See above.

Although this situation is irritating, it's simply that, nothing more.  Reporting isn't really worth it; it's a petty act, a result of unfortunate players who may feel insecure and thus are in dire need of farming unsuspecting noobs.  We can't educate the masses via brute force.  However, I trust that most of them are able to recognize this pattern of behavior.  Hopefully, they'll be able to recall this quote one day and use it to help improve their lives, as there is an obvious void somewhere deep down causing them excruciating pain. 

anyone who's too lazy, didn't read:
Quote from: Ninja
As for pk in chrono maps, if people fill big for going around killing level 110-130s, what can we do but shake our heads...
^ +1 Ninja <:

PS.  I think most replies are not understanding my point: this is not a plea, but general message to the community.  Sure, this 10 hour wait is an inconvenience.  However, the bigger picture is that players who participate in this are uncomfortable with themselves.  They need this to cope with their underlying issues.  That's unfortunate.  I sincerely hope they'll feel better in the future, and won't need to, say, beat their girlfriends, children, etc, to feel mighty. 

xoxo,
Ambrosia
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:36 pm by Ambrosia

Offline Taku

• Just a kitty
  • Bro, it's obvious.
I don't think practically saying people are messed up mentally for killing people in a video game is really going to help, and it's a huge generalization ._.

Offline Ambrosia

Taku,

I think there's a generalization that "messed up mentally" people are insecure.  Many people are insecure, who may or may not be "messed up mentally," not to mention I believe that is a strong labeling phrase.  Everyone has issues.  If someone was born with the ability to cope perfectly with all their problems in life.. well, that's not very possible now isn't it?  Most people don't know what to do with their emotions until decades later.  I certainly was terribly insecure during my adolescence.  I still am, I believe.  If that makes me "messed up mentally," ho boy, then we should lock everyone up in mental asylums. 

Anywho, the first step is awareness.  While many will grapple with this and move on to denial, the truely unfortunate are the ones who'll never recognize this in the first place.  Now, it's not a bad thing to be insecure.  It's only frightening when it is left untended for long periods of time and manifests and metamorphosizes itself into events we dont even associate with the issue anymore, horror stories we hear on the news like domestic violence (anyone recall Chris Brown?), or simply violence (Virginia Tech. massacre).  Take into consideration that these are extreme examples I'm giving, admonishing the possibilities. 

I'm kind of done with this topic.  Take it for what it is: just a quote to think about.  If I came off as anything other than offering a well known leaf from James Dean's book, I apologize.  Good day, EpicPW

xoxo,
Ambrosia.
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:43 pm by Ambrosia

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Maybe "messed up mentally" is strong word, but I believe Taku
wanted to refer to any type of emotional problem, short term as well,
not only serious, permanent (and rare) ones.

Love you all.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.