Epic Perfect World

File Folder Corrupted

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
In the place on the patcher where the updating is supposed to take place it says File folder corrupted instead. and i've re-installed both epic PW and PWI and nuffin happened :o.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It says it's corrupted because you are trying to run the game from the patch folder, instead of patched EPW client.
Please do carefully what is showed there:
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=709.msg5247

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
Thank you, that worked but once i pressed start, nothing happened. Can it only be played with a 800x600 resolution?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Yes, it can be played with that resolution.
The reason why the game didn't start is probably that your anti-virus is blocking the client. Please put exception for elementclient.exe located in EPW/element directory

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
It still doesn't start :(

Offline N/A

It still doesn't start :(

sometimes, when Ive had my computer on to long I cant get clients to open either or I get bug reports. Try a reboot and run everything as admin once you back up. Then give it some time to pull up.

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
i'll try that :3

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
It didn't workk.

Offline N/A

le gasp! Love the color of your hair. and just to be clear once you've patched you click start and client just doesnt bother to open at all?

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
Awwe Thanks! :D and that's exactly it >.>

Offline N/A

Is your anti virus software prompting you thats its putting elementclient in quaratine? If not just right fast turn your firewalls off and give it a go. Also if you go under element and just try clicking on the element client rather then opening from patcher. you'll go to Epic pw folder> element> then scroll down below uyserdata you'll see a file like buildings.pck and configs.pck below is elementclient. try opening it that way.

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
Element client isn't opening :O. wth is wrong with my computer lol

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I suggest disabling your antivirus for a short while and check if it helps

Offline Mika242

• Oops.
Sorry for all the trouble... but its STILL Not working x.x Its been disabled for about 5hrs now.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Does Perfect World International work for you? If so, I suggest just patching it. (you can find instructions in download topic).