Epic Perfect World

Is this server suitable for players like me?

Offline Auroma

Hi all,
          I used to play PWI 3 years ago and really liked it. These days I am busy with my job and real life and can only spare maximum 2 hours a day. I wanted to ask you can I make a character decent enough by playing only 2 hours a day, so that I can enjoy the game? Or does it takes long hours of daily hard work to be decent on this server? I can donate $100 in the beginning to give my char a boost, will 320 gold that I will get from the donation be able to get me good gear in game?
I thank anyone who is kind enough to reply to my post.
Thank you.
“Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.”

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Hi all,
          I used to play PWI 3 years ago and really liked it. These days I am busy with my job and real life and can only spare maximum 2 hours a day. I wanted to ask you can I make a character decent enough by playing only 2 hours a day, so that I can enjoy the game? Or does it takes long hours of daily hard work to be decent on this server? I can donate $100 in the beginning to give my char a boost, will 320 gold that I will get from the donation be able to get me good gear in game?
I thank anyone who is kind enough to reply to my post.
Thank you.

2 hours a day will get you to about level 140 after a week, though it all depends on how well you level. 320 gold is enough to get...

Full demonic armor/ornaments (140 gear) - 54 gold
Demonic weapons (some classes use 1, some use up to 5) - 8 gold each
Warsong crytals to dragon armor/ornaments (150 gear) - 18.6 gold
Warsong crystals to dragon weapons - 6 gold each
Top tome - 84.8 gold
Rare Flyer - 16 gold
15m/s mount - 10 gold
Third fairy (Instant 100 cultivation from 89) - 4 gold
Top armor stones - 7.2 gold
Weapon stone (melle weps with interval/frenzy) - 0.6/2.3/3.3 gold
Top ring engrave - 3 gold

So to max out your gear with 1 weapon you will need - 213.9 gold

Leaving you with 108.1 gold.

Rough cost of all skillbooks demon/sage - 33 gold

Leaving you with 75.1 gold, with which you can buy super level scrolls.

1125 million xp. (will put you from 140 to 148).

That is roughly what you will be able to get, it all depends on your class!
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Auroma

Thank you so much for your reply Ninja. I am familiar with EA, MG, WR and EP. So I have to decide between these classes. I hope the new classes are not as OP as I heard from my friends (e.g Assassins and Psychics Own every other class when players of same skill level fight).

I like to play as support in PK (WR/EP) and I also like to TW (1vs1 is not my taste).

Keeping in view all the 10 classes, could you please suggest to me which is currently a good support class in PK/TW?

Thank you.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Short answer to your question is yes. You can definitely be endgame great here with only 2 hours a day provided you know your class.

For support I suggest trying the Heavy armor cleric build (EP). If you can get it to 150 you will be very hard to kill while still able to heal quite well. It is somewhat difficult to level though doing 1 GV a day (Should be doable in the time you have) you can get it there in a decent amount of time. Getting to 145 is quite easy however and in 145 gear you won't be the best but you'll certainly be able to compete and be quite usefull as a support class.

ruse

If I were you I'd wait til the patch to decide if you want to play a cleric or not. If you're like me, HA is not appealing.

If you go WR, it won't even take a week to get to 140, you can easily be 140 in half that time as PV is much much easier for BM's. I've been told it's faster for BM's to level from 148-150 in PV rather than GV, it just takes more effort.

As for skill books, most are also easily available without buying from the boutique so you might be better off buying the ones you can with coins and saving some of that gold for maybe more super level scrolls.

Offline Auroma

Thank you Eriphenio and Ruse for your replies. Which class do you suggest as an offensive member in group PK/TW?  ( I used to be a decent Holy Mage when I played it on a private server, with no excessive -% Channeling)

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Psy are very annoying in massive PK cause of their aoe and black woodoo. Of course if you not careful enough and someone stuns you on black woodoo, you can die easy enough.

Wizzards are good to, especialy their aoe stun. In this game you can have fast chaneling, so playing a wizzard is not as annoying as in pwi :) Didn`t tried wizzard yet on this server, but I can guess that they should have high physical defence - physical ornaments, stones who gives phyisical def or vitality stones + stone barrier.

Cleric in massive pk is amazing, but only as supporter. Since cleric is main target - you need not only to heal others, but and try to survive yourself. Someone offered to use HA ep - yes, they defence are nice. I tried it, but chaneling and damage was awful, so not recommended if you want to work not only as support, but and as DD.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
The balance on the server is not perfect but it is a constant battle to find what balances it. Group PvP if you like playing a support roll, definately go HA cleric. As a damage roll a Psychic, Blademaster or Wizzard are all very good group pvp damaging classes. (Blademasters double everyone elses damage with HF and can aoe stun very effectively.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Auroma

Thank you Pammy and Ninja for your replies.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
About leveling:
Start with 1 Phoenix Valley run (don't  die), you should get
enough coins and spirit to buy most important skills.
Then ask someone to reset you, do another PV run,
buy most of other skills, and after third run you should
have all your skills maxed, be around lvl 130 (probably still below)
and it should all fit into 2 hours.

Next day do your 1st fairy (Sage or Demon culti), start visiting
Auctioneer regularly for cheaper Skill Books, and start farming
Chrono Leaves (OHT - Unicorn Forest), and Chrono Sand
(OHT - Moonshade Desert). For full 130 set with single weapon
you need 88 of each. Every additiona weapon will require 8 more of each.
God's Giving NPC (Enhance section) sell Dragon Orb Flame (consumable)
for 100% successful refining.
(Short NPC with wide umbrella hat, usually near Teleporters.)
Same Enhance at GG sell some shards (stones) for sockets.

Another type of stones you can find in EPW Donation Helpers forge.
They cost 1 Pure God Stone each. Pure God you get after Prison Quest in
FC (Frostcovered City), or you can buy from catshops...

While farming you will gain your lvl 130, if you don't have it already.
You will probably decide to get your 130 gear first, and then to do Culti.

As you can see, if all goes well, you are Sage or Demon at lvl 130
in 130 gear in 2 days, playing around 2 hours each day.

Ok, later gets slower, but you will just need more days. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About class:
Maybe Mystic? But only if you prefer strategic play over brute force.
Mystic is much more mind that muscles. I plan to make one soon.
Pet (summon) to tank and add some damage, plants to spam and debuff...

For now I have just Seeker and Cleric, both Sage, and I like them both.

I like TW, but on this server didn't have any yet. Only on PWI (RT).
Otherwise I'm purely PvE oriented.

My Cleric is AA build, have lot of mage stat points and high mdef.
Also hits very hard and heals very good. Pdef I compensate with necklace,
belt and pdef stones. Less HP but slower to lose it and faster to heal.

Problem is with some of the Event bosses, they 1-shot any AA build with AoE.
But, on the other hand, high heal allow me to increase survivability of GV squad,
and survive there in lvl 130 gear pretty well. I just need tofinish 1 piece of my
Demonic armor (lvl 140) to start wearing it.
(Each piece of Demonic armor requires 220 Epic Coin to forge Demonic Armor Token.
Demonic Accessory Token requires 280 EC each, Demonic Weapon 300.)

If you know how Psy or Sin pwn (maybe to google about it?), you can make one. :)
Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:06 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Auroma

Thank you geriatrix, I am going to play as a support BM. Hopefully once I am fully geared and lvl 150 I would be able to join a guild of mature and  friendly players.
Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:42 pm by xtrm

Offline Archangel

Welcome on board xtrn ^^ and u are welcome at most guilds with lv 110 only prob is we have a lot of fun guilds and friendly but ... u are looking for serious or mature guild, uh uh nope isn't going to happen xD geriatrix is 1 of the few who keeps EPW standards up ;P

Offline boogy

BM's area breeze to level in PV. gather raor of the pride+heavensflame+ aAOE's you can hit 140 in like 2 1/2 hours easy. rinse and repat the steps i made it to 150 in 4 days running mostly PV's. careful though if you pull to many mobs and your damage counter i to high it can crash lol so dont pull half of PV 135+ like i did lol. but i lived rawr

Offline vaine123

Depends on how you want to play, alot of people gave good suggestions. Support BM is good to start with then you can mold your skill to be full offensive.
Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap....this guy.

ruse

Glad you decided on BM instead of something annoying and overplayed. :>