Epic Perfect World

Confused about rascisme and offensive behavior

fryslanboppe81

Tried to get ppl to think but with this post came more negative then positive.

Post closed for me...
Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:09 pm by Ragnarok

Offline Shaoran

• Ashuashuashua
My opinion.
I dont give a *** about what ppl talk in wc XD. I dont care if they are being funny, or they are saying that kind of stuff for real. Why i dont care? coz i dont even know who is playing with me in this game, and if i find something that bother me, i use blacklist, or i just ignore, or i change my chat, 90% of the time im using guild chat or party chat, so i dont read what ppl say, because ppl talk crap or i see too many asslickers in wc. This is a game and i would never care what ppl can think or say in world chat, normal chat, or whatever.
Its a game, if someone say something that can bother me i would love to meet him in pk XD, and since im more a support char i would love to see my party raping him/her in pk XD.

Seriously, if u find offensive what a pixel is saying, please plase please never go out from ur bedroom, this planet its a terrible place for you! :)

That its my opinion!  :P

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Its supposed to be a game but no medium of comunication can leave people unoffended, the reality is that if someone is offending you in game, it may just be a bunch of pixels but there is a person behind that bunch of pixels.

We can not go banning for every small thing, but as far as i'm concerned Racism/Sexism and Discrimination in general are NOT OK. The thing is people find Discrimination a joke, its sad but true. In my opinion we let too many people get away with it but as it has been pointed out to me, we can't ban everyone because one or two peopel get offended, it has to be really offensive, or repetedly, I'm not on when bowydude is on, so I don't see what he says but if you could SS it for me that would be great.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Anima

I don't no about your community Ragnarok but in my community i get offended only if is something about my family and i don't give a shit about Hitler or nazi or Stalin or other things that happened many years ago. And if you feel offended in a game, as i said in other post, by some kids you have a real problem.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
I don't no about your community Ragnarok but in my community i get offended only if is something about my family and i don't give a shit about Hitler or nazi or Stalin or other things that happened many years ago. And if you feel offended in a game, as i said in other post, by some kids you have a real problem.

The Nazi regime hurt ALOT of eurpean families, it may be history but it is history that still echo's to today.

It may be a game but people can take things to heart because it is still a medium for communication, and on either side of the pixels are people.
Ex-GM

Offline Theodin

• Marshal UnderOath
  • Whoo I get to say something!..... But what?
Sigh..... Truth be told most of these folks being racist, sexist, discriminatory and generally offensive in WC are doing it for atleast 2 main reasons.... #1 they would never do such in real life and #2 use the pixles to hide behind and show thier ignorance... The more we discuss this topic and bring names/game nicks up in Forums The more creedance we give these ignorant individuals and in turn they are feeding off this attn because they are not getting any in real life..... I persoanlly think this subject should be dropped as it has been addressed enough, and let the GM's do the job they have assured us they will do when an offensive individual creates a fuss in WC. Stop giving ignorance a spotlight and attn and just let them stew in thier own juices, for they will keep getting more and more offensive to get a response until they get too offensive and get banned.

Theodin-----148 Demon Seeker
Z_Ha_Dum-146 Demon Cleric
The Nazi regime hurt ALOT of eurpean families, it may be history but it is history that still echo's to today.

It may be a game but people can take things to heart because it is still a medium for communication, and on either side of the pixels are people.
+1, wish I could give you rep Ninja :)  And to Theodin too :)

Ragnarok, you're always gonna get people who won't give a toss about how you feel or your opinions... not gonna repeat what everyone else has said, you've got to learn to grow a thick skin, ignore the idiots.  Not easy, I know!

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

fryslanboppe81

Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:11 pm by Ragnarok

Offline Theodin

• Marshal UnderOath
  • Whoo I get to say something!..... But what?
Ragnarok  It is not that I dont give  shyte or am just trying to take care of me...... It is jus how it is in real time or in game.... I dont hold the ban hammer myself so I cant run this how I personally would so really no use in speculating on how others should do thier own jobs. Personally am glad I dont hold ban powers or mute powers as the game would be little or no fun as would only be a handful of folks left anyway. I wish there was an easeir one size fits all resolution that would fit black and white... right and wrong and make game more enjoyable for every person that makes an account to play... but there will always be the fringe and ragged edge that holds all the grey specks that u cant make a rule for until they step over the line of acceptablility and strike the mark that offends our sensibilies to the point of having to react to thier ragged actions.

So do I want to be apathetic...NO... however I am not in the situation to judge ands/or justify what is acceptible or not acceptible for those that I share this game with.

Theodin-----148 Demon Seeker
Z_Ha_Dum-146 Demon Cleric

fryslanboppe81

yes ur prolly right Theodin and i had more then anough of all the negative stuff, so lets :) and go onwards

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
yes ur prolly right Theodin and i had more then anough of all the negative stuff, so lets :) and go onwards

Thats the attitude!
Ex-GM

Offline boogy

You cant regul;ate stupidity. Its going to be out there no matter what. Something you have to let roll down your back and well deal with it. We live in a world where human nature isnt to be kind to each other its self preservation and think of yourself only. most rise above that but there are a few that in thierl ives was hurt so they feel they must passi t on. Me? I dont look at a persons outside or past. Love them for them thats how i believe it should be. I have 3rd and 4th degree burns down both legs. 90% of them was burnt in an accident. Doctor told me I wouldnt walk again. They look like freddy Kruger movies. But if a person wants to laugh at me for it or make a joke about it then so be it cant stop them. But I can move on and better myself. I am walking 2 miles a day so :P to you doctors  8) 8) 8)

Offline _Matilda_

• theres no point talking to a wall!
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison

Offline boogy

how is one not entitled to thier own opinion. If it is an informed opinion thats about the same as u will think and do as we say thing. everyone should have thier own opinion and its our given right as human beings to be ignorant as we please. just some take it to a new level.

Offline Izaiyoi

• Izaiyoi Hime-sama
  • <3 Caitan & EPW
Truth is, in every game and every forum, every chat there is ALWAYS gonna be some person who thinks it's a riot to be inconsiderate jerk. For whatever reasons. All you can do is hope someone with morale and authority sees it and nips it in the bud.

I gave up on hoping for those types of heroes, not because they don't exist but because the jerk pile is way bigger than the authority pile so some jerks slip through the cracks.

That's why I always create a new tab, which only shows the channels I want to see (Basically just Party,Whisper, Say since System I think shows automatically.). Been doing that every since I got sick of reading net-arguments that should be done in whisper or random Chuck Norris jokes on various games in world chat. I come online to play with my friends and have fun. Not be bothered by someone whose lifes sucks with a bordem level of 9000 so much in IRL they have to drum up drama with pixels to get a rise out of someone they'll likely never meet.

I'm so glad for TABS.

Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:07 pm by Izaiyoi
Izaiyoi - Cleric/Sage - Lv 132 (RR: Lv132 lol)
Retsu - Wizard - Lv115 (RR Lv1 110)