Epic Perfect World

sage archer vs demon archer?

Offline xArsiny

• you dare talk to me?
wat is better sage or demon on archer?
someone tells me that sage got higher damage and longer range while demon can get 5aps(fist) so if they fight each other who wins?

Offline Elu

I've always been a Demon Archer, but recently decided to try Sage, so I changed and from what I can tell you it depends on your playstyle.

Sage Archer in my opinion is more slow paced and passive, while Demon Archer is more aggressive and quick. You can kill effectively with both on PvP. But, from what I experienced on Sage, distance pretty much only is effective on air or runners, but it isn't that huge of a difference from Demon anyway. About more damage, it does help, but in the time you make 7K on Sage (aprox), in Demon you make two 5K's (aprox). One good thing though, is that you always have chi, and Sage is more skill based than Demon, whilst the last is more shooting your way based.

I changed back to Demon now, Sage seems just too slow, passive and defensive for my taste. So it's really just up to how you play.
-Retired-

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Sage is for skills, most sage skills I find are better, and the damage is higher, but slower attack rates. It is also more defensive.

I made my archer a GM to try to learn sage archer, and I find it better than demon, fists are next to pointless though.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Elu

Sage is for skills, most sage skills I find are better, and the damage is higher, but slower attack rates. It is also more defensive.

I made my archer a GM to try to learn sage archer, and I find it better than demon, fists are next to pointless though.

Fists are the only way you'll kill a WB without it taking 12 years of your life. Haven't tried with Seekers, but probably would work better too. Works against Sins and WR's too, depending on the situation, with MG's it's useful if they're constantly getting close to you, and agaisnt HA magic classes works very well. It also works against other EA's pretty good. In general, depends on how you use them, when and against who. But they're the difference between winning or losing sometimes.

P.S. Also works for chi building on enemies, has helped me a lot, specially if you're a Demon Archer.
-Retired-

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I've played an archer in pwi for 4 years & archer on here for a few weeks.
Demon vs Sage on archer is a tough issue, yes sage has somewhat higher base and range but demon gets more crit. Sage also has some better skills but demon also has some skills that are very powerfull.
On this server I'd chose demon over sage any day because:
Demon STA/stunning arrow. A 10% crit rate will boost your critrate to about 82% (assuming you're not fist build), that combined with demon quickshot will make a very lethal spray of arrows that far outdamages anything a sage archer can come up with.
Sage BOA, nice i suppose, pitty it doesn't stack with BB.   Demon BOA: gets another hit in before charm tick, more usefull in pvp if you ask me.

Archer v Archer a demon should always win because of the crit/attackrate advantage, a sage archer will have an advantage vs HA classes though, and probably psy as well (more damage in trough Soul of Silence) though a demon quickshot/stun combo is more effective with willsurge.

Fist archers... I just laugh at those.  It just makes no sense at all.
Handy in pve? Sure, but why not just make a sin for even BETTER pve?
Quick chi? Just get some low lvl fists that don't require stat changes.
Killing HA? Please tell me you're joking... Every single HA class will outDD you on melee as well as outsurvive you... That's like putting on a swimsuit & chasing around some sharks trying to bite them because you can now swim too....Just don't forget they'll still bite much harder than you..
Not to mention lowering your critrate & damage by going this build. I think the main reason people thing sage archers hit "WAY" harder is because so many demon archers screw over their own damage by going fist build.
A pure dex demon archer won't hit much less than a sage.
If you play an archer you should simply accept that you are not going to be able to kill a barb, a seeker or a good bm in any reasonable amount of time in a one on one. This is not your job. Archers shine in TW most of all, they can go in, destroy support and then run away again. Or they can purge/ debuff HA targets and when needed use magic attacks to help finish off these quite effectively.  Archers can kite bm/seeker/barb/sin quite well, kill them 1on1 not nearly as good.  Being an archer IMO is about dodging that which you can't kill effectively & moving around a lot to take out that which you can destroy.