Epic Perfect World

What is the counter to Veno carrying flag in NW?

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
just get like 3 people with long range to spark

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Step 1: Quit whining.
Step 2: Stop apsing them.
Step 3: Get one or two archers to instakill them.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Hi, get a wr or a seeker in your pt to disarm them, and as you do that have everyone spark/hf. gf veno.

DONE NOW STFU ABOUT PURI WEAPS.

Offline Vionn

Demon veno with purify rank 8 weapon walks into a bar...

...there is no counter.

On a more serious note: how am I supposed to deal with Venomancers in Nation War, taking flag on Ironguard and then running towards base, spamming Fox Form and Summer Sprint, on almost permanent antistun with 60% speed buff?

Most of the time I can't even reach them on aerogear with speed boost and even if I catch up to them somehow, there's nothing I can do to stop them from just walking into cap.

Or should I just stop caring about actually contributing to my nation by defending flags, forget about teamwork and focus on boosting personal score by joining into usual random PK brawl in the middle of map.

Stop apsing them like a retard and start rolling your face on the keyboard instead.

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Stop apsing them like a retard and start rolling your face on the keyboard instead.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Only server I've been on that complains about venomancers this much. There are plenty of ways of stopping them:

-get another veno to purge them of their speed buff and seal them
-kill their purifying/healing EPs/Mystics flying in the sky (trust me, they're up there; purify is extremely random on procs)
-stick to DPH hits.

Veno's are easier to take down compared to a def weap vit barb/bm, however considering NW is filled with the majority of people just pking and not paying attention of course it is going to be harder. The reason why purify is still around is the same reason why it procs: APS. Nerf APS, and I would gladly agree to purify being removed (personally don't even use one as its so unreliable without support). Unfortunately, all them pro occult spark sins will cry.

Offline Flavor

• Tenshi
  • <3Jan
  • Characters: PearlieKyun
If a veno carry a flag, all I do is 3 spark to insta kill them. Or kill them while they are camping the flag spawn point.

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
hard since so many people go aps even you told them not to, 90% Dumb or just doing any random attack just for point's and kills.
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
I don't APS venos at all because I play wizard.

I quit both my r8 BM and r8 Seeker due to Purify weapons making me useless in mass pvp. Disarming veno won't stop her from using demon Summersprint and Foxform which are enough to run away, purify is just an extra safety for them.

Those venos are tanky enough to sustain damage from 5-6 people. You suggest using triple spark? Nice joke, before you finish the animation she will be gone and you will stand there loooking like dumbass. You suggest that 2-3 archers instakill them? Did you ever fought against Tavarn, or any other not brain damaged veno? They can tank fullbuffed parties for good 20-30 seconds and then walk away at will, unstopped.

I'm not asking for tips how to defeat bad venos, I have no problem with those. I'm asking for tips how to counter venos that achieved close to perfect tanky build and they know what they are doing.

I guess making Ironguards not work in NW (if possible) would fix that and some other problems with capping - it would be impossible for them to take the flag while 10 enemies are hammering them.
But then again, too many people rely on these pots 100% during their random PK in NW so I doubt anyone will support the idea. Same with Purify weapon.
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013, 08:10 am by Groovy
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER

Offline sakurabak

I am sorry to say this, but from what i am reading here, you are the problem and not venos:)
I have played a veno for a while and I can tell you that it is not that easy to carry a flag with it.
The only problem that i always saw in NW were speed pots (especially the 200% ones). Purify weapon does not really work that often. There is nothing easier really than killing a debuffed veno with 1 good or 2 average dds.
A wizard can not kill everyone in every situation, it is not really that cool class. What i can recommend to you is:
-not to take NW that seriously.
-choose the right class and really focus on it (learn to play it-it takes few months for sure), gear it up.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
I am sorry to say this, but from what i am reading here, you are the problem and not venos:)
I have played a veno for a while and I can tell you that it is not that easy to carry a flag with it.
The only problem that i always saw in NW were speed pots (especially the 200% ones). Purify weapon does not really work that often. There is nothing easier really than killing a debuffed veno with 1 good or 2 average dds.
A wizard can not kill everyone in every situation, it is not really that cool class. What i can recommend to you is:
-not to take NW that seriously.
-choose the right class and really focus on it (learn to play it-it takes few months for sure), gear it up.
Typical PvE player speaking without knowing. How can you kill a veno with purify weap at 15m/s when she is not alone and also being healed? Even if you get it debuffed, the heals and changing forms will give 15m/s again and make it useless. Even with good DDs its hard to do, the problem is not him, its you. I want to see you killing a veno running at 15m/s with antistun and heals.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Veno able to tank 5-6 people. Lmao, are you high?

My veno has 10k pdef, 18 in fox. Archers hit it easily for over 5k, 10k+ crits not uncommon at all.

Your biggest problem is that you see a veno who is working as part of a team of several players & then whine as if the veno is doing it all alone.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Veno able to tank 5-6 people. Lmao, are you high?

My veno has 10k pdef, 18 in fox. Archers hit it easily for over 5k, 10k+ crits not uncommon at all.

Your biggest problem is that you see a veno who is working as part of a team of several players & then whine as if the veno is doing it all alone.
Venos require so little teamwork that you can't say it's not op when with only 1 ep and an ea you are able to dodge 20 people.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Venos require so little teamwork that you can't say it's not op when with only 1 ep and an ea you are able to dodge 20 people.

I would say that if 20 people can't prevent a veno, an archer & a cleric from getting near a flag 3 vs 20 then they deserve to lose for their sheer stupidity.

Edit, also, give me 2 decent players to work with and I'll easily stop that 3 people team from doing anything. One harassing the cleric to prevent it healing, one delay/drop the EA, they're squishy as *** anyway. Then I'll solo kill the veno myself.  All it takes is some simple strategy.

Cleric being a pain in the ass? Then kill or delay it.

Archer speed boost dangerous? Drain / force it to use chi or kill/delay it.

Purify annoying? Stop apsing like a retard.

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013, 08:56 am by Feone