Epic Perfect World

Heavy Armor Veno

Offline bleyed

omg loving your build!! have you been able to test it in pk/tw? :3 if so how was it :D

Nope, none of those yet...   :-[   Basically restated her, fixed gears, ran first hall in PV then called it a night...  If I'm on for one of the next events, I'll try and run it with her.  :smiley:  Need to run some pv's to practice my ff abilities as a player, since I've almost exclusively run her in Veno form to 150...
BleyedSin - 150 Demon Assassin - R8r attempting
PawedBleyed - 150 Sage Barb - R8r attempting
Munenori - 150 Sage Seeker
Bleyed - 150 Sage BM
Takuan - 150 Sage Psychic
Tsukaite - 150 Sage Wizard
Sogeki-hei - 150 Sage Archer
FoxyRiddle - 150 Sage Venomancer - R8r attempting
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
PawnShop - 150 Demon Cleric
ThisDeadGuy - 150 Sage Assassin
GoLyeth - 150 Demon Barb
MiyaMusashi - 150 Demon Seeker
...And a dozen others. ;)

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
oh oki lol.. thought u were XD srry... just from what i have seen on vids and from what i have read.. HA venos seem to be pretty good is all. im just wanting to try it out :D
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
This. AA venos are already easy to kill for casters. If you want to be a tank veno go R8 and HA mix with vit. But if you're not going to be 100% support this build is useless as ***. If you just want to live longer but still be able to kill get a phys ring, or just learn to play your class better.

i have played veno for 4 years.. and that includes on the pwi server.. i know how to play my class ty :P im just wanting to have some fun and bring out the surpise
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
i have played veno for 4 years.. and that includes on the pwi server.. i know how to play my class ty :P im just wanting to have some fun and bring out the surpise
All servers are diff, on one wfs can be on tanker on other they can be the most shitty tanks ever. Just giving an advice, listen to the old players on server.  :smiley:

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
Nope, none of those yet...   :-[   Basically restated her, fixed gears, ran first hall in PV then called it a night...  If I'm on for one of the next events, I'll try and run it with her.  :smiley:  Need to run some pv's to practice my ff abilities as a player, since I've almost exclusively run her in Veno form to 150...
oki please let me know how it goes :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vionn

I'm not saying you're bad but, just because you've played for 4 years doesn't mean you're good. Don't go HA unless you're in a mass PK faction. You won't be able to kill anything HA in a 1v1.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
All servers are diff, on one wfs can be on tanker on other they can be the most shitty tanks ever. Just giving an advice, listen to the old players on server.  :smiley:
hehe i am.. and i started playing epic pw june 11 2012 *u can look for proof if u like* i took a bit of a break tho due to real life circumstances. i have one veno thats lvl 150.. and thats when i had to quit :(
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
I'm not saying you're bad but, just because you've played for 4 years doesn't mean you're good. Don't go HA unless you're in a mass PK faction. You won't be able to kill anything HA in a 1v1.
oki thanks ^-^ its just a test out tho.. if i dont make it to 145 then im going back to my pure arcane.. so far its actually pretty fun.
artwork done by me ^^

Offline RainsWolf

• My Little Boo
  • There are scars that make us who we are. But without them, we don't exist.
  • Characters: Ravenshield RainsWolf
  • Faction: GotMilk
old rule of thumb used to be was go half HA  and half AA
Use AA chest plate and wrists for -channeling then have Ha leggings and Boots
Pure Ha veno can work well  its just the magic classes that will mess you up pretty fast has others have said

Offline sakurabak

If you want to be tanky, play a barb or a seeker. The best way to kill your fun and meaning in game while playing a veno, is to make it heavy. A veno is supposed to be a good all-rounder arcane dd class. Its debuffs and amplifies make it hit so damn hard. If you want to make a veno that survives more, your only options would be: getting defense lvls (vit. stat) in your equipment, spending some points on vitality, switching to defense lvls weapon and 1 phys def. ring. Just always have some spark that you can use on a defensive skill (heal) and keep your genie points free to use for expel or AD skills and you will barely die.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
First of all, if you purely want to get the maximum effectiveness out of your veno stay AA r8r.

However, other builds aren't completely useless.
The three I've tried are basically: Hybrid, pure tank & melee (other than AA ofcourse).

Hybrid is the stats to wear a few HA pieces as well as AA for the rest of your gear. Pdef in foxform is pretty good, mdef is kinda meh. Overall tankyness is ok.  You'll be easier to kill by magic users, however in masspk mages tend to prefer shooting ea's rather than other arcanes so I suppose the tankyness is a bit of a boost.
Your damage will be enough to kill self buffed players, if you know your combos, but don't expect to be very lethal. Overall this build is kind of meh IMO.  AA r8r veno is pretty allround strong normally with a few things it excells at. This hybrid build just makes it even more of a jack of all trades, master of none.

Pure tank is... well... fun for a short while. Basically what I did was stat a small bit of magic, enough to wear some basic weaponry and to boost mdef a little bit. ~100 ish. Enough str/dex to wear HA gear and a set of armor to max out allround defenses. Pretty damn hard to kill, deals absolutely no damage.  Fun for a short while to mess around with, not particularly usefull. Also, high attacklevel players will floor you regardless, attacklevels cancel out just about anything.

Melee, now this build will really add the "WTF IS THAT VENO DOING!?" factor to your class. You wear full HA armor. You get mdef ornaments, as well as both phys & mag rings. A few pieces of high mdef or chan r8r are a plus but not required.
Stats: everything in str & dex. Get your dex high enough to have a decent accuracy, pour everything else in str for raw damage. Your HA gear will give you decent -int, equip the +accuracy -int tome as well. Go demon if you want to get most out of this build.
What you do is pretty much use your magical skills (and mdef rings with optional r8r arcane) to be meh-ishly tanky at range, beware archers because their mag crits will roll you. However with the mdef pieces its not too bad. Magic to stun & freeze etc, then rush up close. If you can get an ironwood proc you're set. Then, before switching to fox, make sure your pdef rings are on as well as all -int gear. Up close with melee use your large array of debuffs and occult ice to surprise rape anything with low pdef. A full melee build HA veno will hit HARD with melee. (1shot blackvoodoo psys with a good combo hard.) It's really quite fun, especially because people will really not expect what you do.
The downside...horrific mdef, on your attack gear you'll take nonstop 10-25k hits from magic. It's really not as effective as just going r8r AA but the wtf factor will make you somewhat usefull in solo pk. Not to mention freaking people out is kinda fun.  Avoid mass pk, the magic being thrown around will just instakill you.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
yea so far im enjoying being an HA veno. i have both some pieces of AA gear andi use elemental orns for more magic def. but i went into pk with my guild *we were just having some fun* and a sin from the guild *150* sparked and i think did knife throw.. and it didnt one hit me. and that i kinda really like. *i was in fox form so i had 37.3kpdef and im only 130* so so far im loving it. now my friend who is an arcane veno.. she killed me pretty easily. but the thing is. most people expect venos to be AA.. its all a test tho :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
HA venos suck, tbh. Low mag def, low damage output, etc.

Get R8, maybe a phys ring, get some def levels on your adorns, and you can tank pretty well if you actually know how to play a veno. You have foxform for higher pdef, that's all you need.

Tank gear. Without runes, etc and with a purify weapon on, and I can still kill some things np.

Use bramble hood, soul transfuse, blazing barrier, and genie wisely, you can tank whatever you want np. No need to go HA.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
HA venos suck, tbh. Low mag def, low damage output, etc.

Get R8, maybe a phys ring, get some def levels on your adorns, and you can tank pretty well if you actually know how to play a veno. You have foxform for higher pdef, that's all you need.

Tank gear. Without runes, etc and with a purify weapon on, and I can still kill some things np.

Use bramble hood, soul transfuse, blazing barrier, and genie wisely, you can tank whatever you want np. No need to go HA.

tys for the input :3 so far i really enjoy being HA.. from a guide i was reading it said i would get alot of grief being HA but its how i want to play and if i enjoy it thats all that matters :) i have played veno class for 4 years *on the normal pwi server back when it took time to lvl and not buy FCC heads ect* i need to get my genie skills and some other veno skills but that all takes some time :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
yea so far im enjoying being an HA veno. i have both some pieces of AA gear andi use elemental orns for more magic def. but i went into pk with my guild *we were just having some fun* and a sin from the guild *150* sparked and i think did knife throw.. and it didnt one hit me. and that i kinda really like. *i was in fox form so i had 37.3kpdef and im only 130* so so far im loving it. now my friend who is an arcane veno.. she killed me pretty easily. but the thing is. most people expect venos to be AA.. its all a test tho :D

Yea. HA veno can be pretty usefull in mass, in the hybrid build at least.

Just a question though, if a sparked sin 1shot you with knifethrow.. were you using elemental ornaments along with dragon arcane gear? Sins don't hurt me nearly enough to 1shot me on my veno... (Full AA)