Epic Perfect World

Supreme Robe: Dominance

Offline Hyena

Alright, I wanted to post my idea concerning this Cloak:

I wanted to suggest if we could get the Supreme Robe: Dominance with Event Tokens.
I'm suggesting this because I hate farming and I'm sure others dislike it aswell; even if you don't have to pick items from monsters to make the Cloak, you still have to kill a big amount of them, which is the same to me as farming.

The idea would consist on getting a reasonable amount of Event Tokens in order to trade them for the Cloak, I don't know.. like 50-70 maybe? So that it doesn't become too easy or too hard.

This wouldn't make the '' farming '' method useless at all since:

1 - The Cloak would still be untradeable after it's crafted like the current one, so that the players can't sell it.

2 - The amount of Event Tokens required to craft it would be a reasonable amount so that the time spent gathering them wouldn't be less than the time spent farming the Cloak itself, maybe a bit more, depending on the players' activity on going to Events.

3 - The Cloak would still have another obstacle, if I can name it like that, since the players going to Events (other than the public ones like Ares, Fire Legion and so on) are most of the times, not the same.

Also, with what I stated above, even if a player has 200 Event Tokens, he will not be able to craft the Cloaks in order to sell them, unless he/she wants it for another character of his/her Account.

I just posted this because I think there should be another way to get this Cloak other than farming, other than one single option and to be honest, I don't think this idea is that bad at all.
Plus, people keep telling me they can farm the Cloak in 2-3 days, so...

:smiley: Please post your opinions.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Alright, I wanted to post my idea concerning this Cloak:

I wanted to suggest if we could get the Supreme Robe: Dominance with Event Tokens.
I'm suggesting this because I hate farming and I'm sure others dislike it aswell; even if you don't have to pick items from monsters to make the Cloak, you still have to kill a big amount of them, which is the same to me as farming.

The idea would consist on getting a reasonable amount of Event Tokens in order to trade them for the Cloak, I don't know.. like 50-70 maybe? So that it doesn't become too easy or too hard.

This wouldn't make the '' farming '' method useless at all since:

1 - The Cloak would still be untradeable after it's crafted like the current one, so that the players can't sell it.

2 - The amount of Event Tokens required to craft it would be a reasonable amount so that the time spent gathering them wouldn't be less than the time spent farming the Cloak itself, maybe a bit more, depending on the players' activity on going to Events.

3 - The Cloak would still have another obstacle, if I can name it like that, since the players going to Events (other than the public ones like Ares, Fire Legion and so on) are most of the times, not the same.

Also, with what I stated above, even if a player has 200 Event Tokens, he will not be able to craft the Cloaks in order to sell them, unless he/she wants it for another character of his/her Account.

I just posted this because I think there should be another way to get this Cloak other than farming, other than one single option and to be honest, I don't think this idea is that bad at all.
Plus, people keep telling me they can farm the Cloak in 2-3 days, so...

:smiley: Please post your opinions.
No.
i feel like i'm dead

Angelica

I disagree because there are many players who worked really hard for it, especially those who farmed it with the old method. I farmed it the old way too and if there would be any way added which enables players to get it without having to farm in instances, I'd feel like all my hard work is gone, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Event Tokens are also much easier to get, you just have to do Ares/Fire Legion etc., and Ares doesn't only give ET but also other rewards. I don't think it can be compared to going to the same instance over and over again, older players can probably refer to this more, when you needed 64,64,24,24 runs from each one, but honestly, I don't even agree with adding the new way (SoT and Abaddon) after all the effort people made to get it the old way.

Offline Skitzo

I'm suggesting this because I hate farming ,doing events to earn tokens is still considered farming. No do it like everyone else has to the boring grind.

Offline Hyena

Actually, most Event Token rewards are related to PvP Events.

Plus, killing monsters and reset an instance over and over again is not challenging at all and there's no hard work in it, just loads of boredom.

Now getting Event Tokens, despite the public Events like I stated, in PvP Events means you have to be good at something I suppose.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I disagree because there are many players who worked really hard for it, especially those who farmed it with the old method. I farmed it the old way too and if there would be any way added which enables players to get it without having to farm in instances, I'd feel like all my hard work is gone, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Event Tokens are also much easier to get, you just have to do Ares/Fire Legion etc., and Ares doesn't only give ET but also other rewards. I don't think it can be compared to going to the same instance over and over again, older players can probably refer to this more, when you needed 64,64,24,24 runs from each one, but honestly, I don't even agree with adding the new way (SoT and Abaddon) after all the effort people made to get it the old way.
All this cutie said. I did it after old method, after i finished wraith Aga added the new method and I almost rq'ed doing it.

Angelica

Which proves the point. People (even pvp oriented) spent time in instances to farm that cape. Why waste all their hard work now and make it possible to gain in easier ways?

Offline Hyena

I'd like you to enlighten me in which way getting 100 Event Tokens is less hard working than someone farming 3 days in the same instances to get a Cloak?

From the replies I've seen, you're only saying no cus you had a lot of work (I'd consider it loads of boring time spent) getting the Cloak.

Tho gathering a big amount of Event Tokens isn't easy either, plus, I'm just adding a suggestion that would make the players choose from PvP to PvE.

Simple.
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013, 11:56 am by Hyena

Offline elllieee

• Old Player

Not really, if you compare the amount of Pve events giving out ET they would go in hand to hand with the PVP ones.It just depends on the Gms hosting the events if they'd go for a Pve or Pvp.Nearly all the events be it PVP or PVE give out Event tokens.

If this gets implemented like sabee said there would be alot of QQ cause old players had really put in time and hard work to get the capes doing 192 runs (including Lunar) and in comparison the new TM99 runs take only 2days to farm it on a max and getting them via Event tokens would be like a piece of cake when they are now available with Supply tokens

Offline Elena

I'd like you to enlighten me in which way getting 100 Event Tokens is less hard working than someone farming 3 days in the same instances to get a Cloak?
You go nw, get at leasr 240 st => 4 ET, u do Ares -> 1 ET/week, Fire legion ( depends when it is ) , you do GM's events, u get at least 1 if ur good + few st to make another one...

Angelica

If it would be available for 100 Event Tokens who the hell would spend time getting it with ET anyways? If you make it a ridiculous price in ET no one will waste their time getting those. But if you lower it, many will disagree because they spent their time in instances farming it, and making it easier is unfair to them. This is why I'm saying, just keep it as it is now.

Offline Hyena

That is why I said to define a reasonable amount of ETs.

Offline Elena

To be honest farming ET is way easier than doing the instances but last longer... I don't agree with this idea.  :sad:

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
I know who farmed it per day so any obsessed player can farm it per 2 days and even lazy one can farm per 4 days. Got no idea how to make 30 tokens per 4 days, so nothing wrong if robe can be traded even for 30 tokens and I doubt anyone going use event tokens if it will cost 50 ET or more. Unless they know some secret ways to get ET easy.

Offline Hyena

Indeed, people just don't want others to get it in another different way, even if it's hard or not.

I know who farmed it per day so any obsessed player can farm it per 2 days and even lazy one can farm per 4 days.

This is alright.
But trading 50 ETs for a Cloak is totally unreasonable.

Lol...