Epic Perfect World

PV buffs

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I wouldn't be in support of this idea. I can see too many people abusing the hell out of this to spam PV. 10k coin is mere pocket lint on this server. I'm not trying to be an ass, this just seems like something that would get abused so much and take the fun out of levelling. Sure, 149-150 can take forever but it feels amazing after all that time you finally got there.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
I wouldn't be in support of this idea. I can see too many people abusing the hell out of this to spam PV. 10k coin is mere pocket lint on this server. I'm not trying to be an ass, this just seems like something that would get abused so much and take the fun out of levelling. Sure, 149-150 can take forever but it feels amazing after all that time you finally got there.
No buffs = Boring
With buffs = hell yea

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
ANYWAY, can't believe I went through 8 pages of this, but here goes.

I don't think it's needed.  My first character was a sin.  They are squishy as hell, and they only have earthen rift and subsea as aoes (subsea, as you know, is an expensive skill for a newbie).  I had Bloodpaint.  That was it.  Then I leveled my wizzie  and had my sin pull for her.  Once again, only self buffs on my wizzie.  I only pulled with my sin to make things go a bit faster.

I can go on and on, but the point is that even now, with my level 149 mystic (which I rarely pv with, and pv solo with her if I do), I just pop on my buffs, get my summons out and kill shit.  I have a cleric I can buff with now, but sometimes I just can't be bothered to log him in to do that. 

Sure it'll help the starters, but so many newbies come to a private server expecting a hand out.  Instead of just reading up on what they can do to make coin for skills (or asking, I don't mind answering them), they automatically resort to begging. 

Also, the gear thing is an issue.  My biggest pet peeve is seeing a level 140+ char in GV (or anywhere else that requires squad play) and looking at their gear and finding them still in 110 gear.  I understand skipping 120, I understand skipping nirvana (although that helps so damn much), but 130 gear is ass easy to farm (and even easier if you are in a faction and do base quests for mats--how much easier does it get than that? Just saying).  140 is fairly easy to farm (for arcane classes, which is why I suggest making a farming char before a char that isn't optimal for farming).  In the case of newbies, if they really want to know where to farm for their gear, they would use this site as a vessel for learning (or even ask in game--not everyone is a douche)

If you are too lazy to farm for an hour instead of rushing to 150, then you deserve to get your ass ate in PV.  In cases like this, buffs will only just prolong the onslaught.
I have this funny idea . Maybe Agatio will bring this one to the next patch .

vlntbty

I made alt chars to buff myself. Sometimes I only just used BP or just self buffs. PV is fairly easy on any char. Just have to have patience. I leveled many chars in pv by myself with only self buffs. It's not hard.

Offline asendaron

this sounds like a really good idea that is aimed to help low lvl people and yea after 135 take the buff away they should have gained some  common sense to play there characters by then if not well  then that's just there bad. even though iv always done  pv self buffed it just gives it a challenge that makes pv a little fun.