Epic Perfect World

PV buffs

DJBFF

You say you very smart and have 133 iq yet you can't detect sarcasm . very smart.
I don't recall saying I'm smart, and IQ is just a number IMO.

Offline Triality#1

everyone say that :(

funner mister bean level, want me to go seach my old posts where u said u were in the gifted students class?
You think I try.

DJBFF

everyone say that :(

funner mister bean level, want me to go seach my old posts where u said u were in the gifted students class?
I wasn't in the gifted students class, i said i was in the 2nd highest class with was considered (by the teachers) the smartest class. Anyways, stay on topic will ya?

rainlu

i really don't see point in that, i could solo pv on all classes and i didn't even need bp on bm or barb the reason is u can use leaps+aura+physical marrow and on barb u got invoke so they do no damage, on  mage classes i wen't HA build at level 140 +  and i could pull whole dungeon with small lags that weren't really affecting me in long term...
the whole pv run was always done in less than 4 minutes.
and also thing that may help is to have dew of star protection orbs in your inventory and ready to use.
Also i remember i just logged my alt bm and alt barb to get buffs for my sin...it's not a big deal all it takes is like 30 seconds to log them and buff yourself.
and about the lags...it's really not that big of a lag for the server as it is for ur computer depending on your amount of RAM and and CPU.
So getting better computer is the area of consideration that matters also instead of the need to make the server "less laggy"

Offline Triality#1

i really don't see point in that, i could solo pv on all classes and i didn't even need bp on bm or barb the reason is u can use leaps+aura+physical marrow and on barb u got invoke so they do no damage, on  mage classes i wen't HA build at level 140 +  and i could pull whole dungeon with small lags that weren't really affecting me in long term...
and also thing that may help is to have dew of star protection orbs in your inventory and ready to use.
Also i remember i just logged my alt bm and alt barb to get buffs for my sin...it's not a big deal all it takes is like 30 seconds to log them and buff yourself.
and about the lags...it's really not that big of a lag for the server as it is for ur computer depending on your amount of RAM and and CPU.
So getting better computer is the area of consideration that matters also instead of the need to make the server "less laggy"
GOOD FOR YOU, BRAH!

DJBFF

Some people can't afford a new computer ._.

I got this computer with luck (mom traded it with my old one), so for some people it's impossible to lag. And once again, it might be nice for the new players -.-

Offline Vionn

You say you very smart and have 133 iq yet you can't detect sarcasm . very smart.

rainlu

rainman also can't do that and he can remember 98% from what he reads...
and he can read 2 pages of a medium size book in 20 seconds, reading each page with 1 eye.

Offline Triality#1

Some people can't afford a new computer ._.

I got this computer with luck (mom traded it with my old one), so for some people it's impossible to lag. And once again, it might be nice for the new players -.-

Exactly, it's not for you, therefore, you shouldn't be counted as a major voter for this.
It's like saying Chinese people are stupid. You think they're stupid, Chinese people think you're stupid.

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
rainman also can't do that and he can remember 98% from what he reads...
and he can read 2 pages of a medium size book in 20 seconds, reading each page with 1 eye.
This ?!?!!!!

Offline Zuxtain

I can see where you're coming from, but the thing is, if we are to give new players so much help, they won't know their class that well. Heck I've been playing a barb that I've never played before and because I get the chance to get any skill I want already, I'm pretty sure I won't know the class that well.

In PWI, yes the levelling was hard but it forced you to learn your class and know what each skill does. Giving buffs for PV would only make it easier and we would have no future competition in pk because of this. Plus many of those who start don't even have the money to buy the buffs. 10k each buff? They can barely afford skills at the start.

I have a BM in my fac that couldn't solo PV. I know this is probably a rare event but he didn't know how to solo PV. Giving him buffs wouldn't give him more knowledge on his class. Instead me and another BM taught him. This is how new players should learn. If they can't do it have someone show them. Of course it's a different story for arcanes who can't solo PV as easily but its doable.

I like your idea to help them but its better to let them suffer now. I also usually buff as many people as I can with my cleric and veno before I go in anyway to help people  :smiley:

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER

Offline Triality#1

I can see where you're coming from, but the thing is, if we are to give new players so much help, they won't know their class that well. Heck I've been playing a barb that I've never played before and because I get the chance to get any skill I want already, I'm pretty sure I won't know the class that well.

In PWI, yes the levelling was hard but it forced you to learn your class and know what each skill does. Giving buffs for PV would only make it easier and we would have no future competition in pk because of this. Plus many of those who start don't even have the money to buy the buffs. 10k each buff? They can barely afford skills at the start.

I have a BM in my fac that couldn't solo PV. I know this is probably a rare event but he didn't know how to solo PV. Giving him buffs wouldn't give him more knowledge on his class. Instead me and another BM taught him. This is how new players should learn. If they can't do it have someone show them. Of course it's a different story for arcanes who can't solo PV as easily but its doable.

I like your idea to help them but its better to let them suffer now. I also usually buff as many people as I can with my cleric and veno before I go in anyway to help people  :smiley:
Yeah, and how much have PWI players really learned from that?

Offline Zuxtain

Yeah, and how much have PWI players really learned from that?

Yes, you're right. Kind of forgot that PWI was a pay to win and there was plenty of FC babies  :sad:
Oh well.....

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
ANYWAY, can't believe I went through 8 pages of this, but here goes.

I don't think it's needed.  My first character was a sin.  They are squishy as hell, and they only have earthen rift and subsea as aoes (subsea, as you know, is an expensive skill for a newbie).  I had Bloodpaint.  That was it.  Then I leveled my wizzie  and had my sin pull for her.  Once again, only self buffs on my wizzie.  I only pulled with my sin to make things go a bit faster.

I can go on and on, but the point is that even now, with my level 149 mystic (which I rarely pv with, and pv solo with her if I do), I just pop on my buffs, get my summons out and kill shit.  I have a cleric I can buff with now, but sometimes I just can't be bothered to log him in to do that. 

Sure it'll help the starters, but so many newbies come to a private server expecting a hand out.  Instead of just reading up on what they can do to make coin for skills (or asking, I don't mind answering them), they automatically resort to begging. 

Also, the gear thing is an issue.  My biggest pet peeve is seeing a level 140+ char in GV (or anywhere else that requires squad play) and looking at their gear and finding them still in 110 gear.  I understand skipping 120, I understand skipping nirvana (although that helps so damn much), but 130 gear is ass easy to farm (and even easier if you are in a faction and do base quests for mats--how much easier does it get than that? Just saying).  140 is fairly easy to farm (for arcane classes, which is why I suggest making a farming char before a char that isn't optimal for farming).  In the case of newbies, if they really want to know where to farm for their gear, they would use this site as a vessel for learning (or even ask in game--not everyone is a douche)

If you are too lazy to farm for an hour instead of rushing to 150, then you deserve to get your ass ate in PV.  In cases like this, buffs will only just prolong the onslaught.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)