Epic Perfect World

Territory Wipe Out>

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
There was also a thread of people complaining that they wouldn't want the pve. :-\

I guess you can't please everybody... :-\

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Once upon a time somewhere in this forum..Agatio said TW map resets would occur every 4-6 months to give everyone equal oppurtunity. I can't seem to find that tho.. ( wish I remembered to SS stuff I need for later )
But anyway I think a map reset would be good, what could it possibly hurt?
Besides the pve... after let's say 3-4 weeks all random guild will have a territory, gud enough, then comes the wined tw for the strong guild... which would lead to like 2 months or even worse, more, wined tws... which are annoying and useless. Atm there are enough TWs every week, except the fake bids.  :-X

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Should reset it every 6 months.

It should have reset long ago, since Agatio himself said that the map needs to be rest when a faction holds more than half the map, and it has been over 6 months. But.. Agatio is Agatio.  ;)

pve tw is boring.

Oh my god, PVE TW for a few weeks, depending on who attacks who, such a huge deal compared to noshow TWs that happen now. Don't bid for a week, then bid on a faction after reset, easy.

I think there should be a reset, just because there are too many fake bids, people noshowing, etc. At least with a map reset all these small factions can get some land for a bit, and maybe even fight someone with same force as them.

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥

I think there should be a reset, just because there are too many fake bids, people noshowing, etc. At least with a map reset all these small factions can get some land for a bit, and maybe even fight someone with same force as them.

THis

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
There are no benefits whatsoever to resetting the TW map. At least not on the PVP aspect.

NO faction right now is powerfull enough to capture the whole map. The only reason any single faction has a ton of land is because nobody else wants to attack them.

Resetting the map is not going to solve that, it'll just fill it with altfactions leeching EC untill, after months of noshows, 5min rolls & the occasional good TW we're back right where we are now. In the exact same situation.

The problem is the big factions don't want or dare to attack eachother and instead just wipe out anything know they can beat guaranteed. Even the factions with most land would lose 2-3 lands a week if they came under any real attack. Hell, they won't be able to win all fights if 3 or 4 small-medium facs gank them.

If you want better TW, then go TW, join a faction that actually attacks. Not one that backs out after 1 loss or just attacks things they can win for sure.

When the map on dreamweaver got reset it was because 1 faction dominated all the others. Myself and all the others in the main factions fighting back were unable to stop them from taking it all.  Smaller faction's had no chance at all. But, we sure tried. Every week there were major TW's fighting them, even if they ended up in losses.
This is just not the case on EPW.  People can beat the major land-owning factions just fine, they just don't want to try.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya

For that they can do the "TW training", think it's still possible. To be honest I wouldn't even go to those TWs, yea there are some fake bids cuz of ppl that would like to "gang" a faction or they simply too bored.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I have a question...

I know on PWI, a single faction can have several \defenses in the same time slots, so like...for example faction a gets attacked by Faction B, C, D, E, F, G...etc at 8:00,8:03, 8:06...etc.   As opposed to the old system where the defenses were split up in 3's.  Was that ever implemented here?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
A reset will in no way EVER solve fake bidding.

People fake bid in order to distract another faction while they attack or to protect their own land(s) from attack.
The location and amount of lands they own has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

Nor will a reset solve the PVP attitude the majority here seems to have. Both in pk & TW.

Stay in safezone / don't attack a land unless you are 100% positive that you have more than enough people to win for sure. Better avoid PK figthing/ TWing factions of similar size too because that might be hard.

TW is dead not because some faction owns a land, it's dead because very few people actually WANT to TW. They want to win, sure, but TW? No. Reset will definitely give them plenty of guaranteed PVE & empty faction wins, which I guess is all the majority wants anyway.

I have a question...

I know on PWI, a single faction can have several \defenses in the same time slots, so like...for example faction a gets attacked by Faction B, C, D, E, F, G...etc at 8:00,8:03, 8:06...etc.   As opposed to the old system where the defenses were split up in 3's.  Was that ever implemented here?

I believe so. It's hard to be sure because so few factions have the will to actually attack anything though. Along with half the server(ish) being in timezones that are near-impossible to TW in.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
A reset will in no way EVER solve fake bidding.

People fake bid in order to distract another faction while they attack or to protect their own land(s) from attack.
The location and amount of lands they own has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

Nor will a reset solve the PVP attitude the majority here seems to have. Both in pk & TW.

Stay in safezone / don't attack a land unless you are 100% positive that you have more than enough people to win for sure. Better avoid PK figthing/ TWing factions of similar size too because that might be hard.

TW is dead not because some faction owns a land, it's dead because very few people actually WANT to TW. They want to win, sure, but TW? No. Reset will definitely give them plenty of guaranteed PVE & empty faction wins, which I guess is all the majority wants anyway.

I believe so. It's hard to be sure because so few factions have the will to actually attack anything though. Along with half the server(ish) being in timezones that are near-impossible to TW in.

I do agree that a reset won't fix fake bidding.  If anything, it might make it worse.  Although, I'd like to point out that a few people did get banned last week for fake bidding, so it might not be worth it anyways.

That actually reminds me--I'm going to poll my members to see how many TRULY want to participate in TW.  It would be a small sample, but you're definitely onto something there.  And well...TW can be intimidating for those who've never done it before.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
There should be a reset, just to allow smaller factions the chance of growing through TW. I know that people are against PvE TWs, but if you were to make it harder somehow/longer, possibly it would be more enjoyable. Also, it would be hard to stop all the fake factions that would be bidding on factions (Not many of you played Sanctuary, but there was a faction on there called Vindicate - a few officers and the leader created loads of names similar to Vindicate and bidded upon a map reset, they all got 'perma' banned)....

I hope I see a reset soon.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
There should be a reset, just to allow smaller factions the chance of growing through TW. I know that people are against PvE TWs, but if you were to make it harder somehow/longer, possibly it would be more enjoyable. Also, it would be hard to stop all the fake factions that would be bidding on factions (Not many of you played Sanctuary, but there was a faction on there called Vindicate - a few officers and the leader created loads of names similar to Vindicate and bidded upon a map reset, they all got 'perma' banned)....

I hope I see a reset soon.

Explain me though, which factions actually want to TW?

When the map gets reset some of the small/medium  facs might grab a few lands but how many of those are actively going to keep bidding once theres actually a fight?

How many of those are actually going to actively try to TW rather than just "Meh might as well grab a few territory ec's while it's reset anyway."

From what I see in TW right now the answer would be few to none.

Also, big factions should grow a pair and attack eachother.  Other than a few decent attacks on Outcasts and some good TW between Ducks & HO there has been little to no real fighting in recent months.

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
Explain me though, which factions actually want to TW?

When the map gets reset some of the small/medium  facs might grab a few lands but how many of those are actively going to keep bidding once theres actually a fight?

How many of those are actually going to actively try to TW rather than just "Meh might as well grab a few territory ec's while it's reset anyway."

From what I see in TW right now the answer would be few to none.

Also, big factions should grow a pair and attack eachother.  Other than a few decent attacks on Outcasts and some good TW between Ducks & HO there has been little to no real fighting in recent months.
We were wiping ducks of the map, seems like GGB would just bid on us if we atacked xp, resulting in a double deff. Anyways, dont reset the ***in map. All you gonna do is let smaller guilds have their fame for 1 week and bam gone.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
We were wiping ducks of the map, seems like GGB would just bid on us if we atacked xp, resulting in a double deff. Anyways, dont reset the ***in map. All you gonna do is let smaller guilds have their fame for 1 week and bam gone.

You misunderstand me. I did not say anything about hangover specific nor did I mean such short of a timeframe.
The issue I mentioned has been going on ever since the last reset (and the ones before pretty much).

If small factions want to get on the map I suggest they team up & gank something. No faction here is big enough to defend a proper gank.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Everyone just only read all of feone's post on this thread ... not a single word is out of the question on those posts..  :)

Basically, no point resetting the map.. small factions would only benefit for few weeks of getting free EC from pve TW... nothing wrong with that, except only after few months we'll be back to where we are now, and people would start asking for map reset again. I've been on this server for a very long time, and it's the same case everytime. As soon as the big factions own majority of the lands combined.. and just about to start having fun fighting each other, all the small factions starts/supports threads like this.  Whereas all they have to do is take advantage of the big factions distractions among themselves and get involved in the gank.

Personally i believe this would benefit the small factions grow far more than, it would if they gain those lands form a PvE TW ..  i mean, wouldn't you rather join a small/or any faction for that matter, that just took out a land from a bigger fac. (even if it was through ganking them) or would you rather join a small fac. for few weeks just cause they got a land from killing few mobs. 

Not to mention, few smart-asses form big facs. will temporarily leave their fac. and make their own fac. just for those few free extra EC, while the big fights start again in a month or two.

As Feone has said, no current leading TW faction can handle a proper gank, one that does not involve no-show TWs (fake bids).

I know i repeated most of that has been said so far, but yea, just sharing my viewpoint.

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Major League

• WasteDump
  • Xpendable - Retired
What you mean 1 guild is able to control. Currently, no guild on map is able to defend 2 big guilds at once. HO is getting bigger and bigger each time, soon they will go south map. NH isn't a factor. People still think Worms is the superpower of the server because of the amount of lands. They lost 2 TWs this weekend. 1v1 and 1v2. Xpendable got attacked 1v2 lost too. You aren't even trying and you want to reset map because apparently 1 guild can't be touched. Legit.