Epic Perfect World

missing items

Offline dughall

• Beginner
hello...I logged on my sin (pinelump)about an hour ago and noticed my red demon wings, ds necky, and my divine ignorance tome is gone so I went to psy and his cube necky and night watch tome was gone. my sister did change the stats on my sin 2 or 3 day ago but I know she didn't take them, so was wonder if there is anything that can be done to see if it's a glitch or hacked. also our leader of secret is missing the same things.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
You should post this at the helpdesk:
http://epicpw.com/helpdesk/

Although considering you've stated that you shared your account details I doubt much can be done.
Unless you've recently been on a key-logging site designed for taking EPW info, you most likely weren't hacked.

For what it's worth, sorry for your lost items.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Accounts do not magically get hacked.

You either put your data on a compromised third party site or gave your details to another player.
(Assuming these items are actually missing, of course.)

In either case, it sucks but you have only yourself to blame. Sorry.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
^both the post above. EPW accounts are completely secure, Only way a person can get in is through shared account information. Your just gonna have to change your info and re-farm them again, The staff isn't gonna replace any items stolen through account sharing.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
^both the post above. EPW accounts are completely secure, Only way a person can get in is through shared account information. Your just gonna have to change your info and re-farm them again, The staff isn't gonna replace any items stolen through account sharing.

Well.. no account is completely secure ever. EPW accounts are just not worth the amount of efford it would take to break into one without some stupidity on the owners side though.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Well.. no account is completely secure ever. EPW accounts are just not worth the amount of efford it would take to break into one without some stupidity on the owners side though.
Yeah, accounts are not worth breaking into. I just imagined some noob spending 3 hours to hack into someones acc, after he does he finds only 1 150 toon, when he logs in he discovers that toon has all his gear sold for ec, and all ec spent just to get triple interval on r8 L.A. wrists than cant even be traded.
#OHMADAF@CK$ERS

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Yeah, accounts are not worth breaking into. I just imagined some noob spending 3 hours to hack into someones acc, after he does he finds only 1 150 toon, when he logs in he discovers that toon has all his gear sold for ec, and all ec spent just to get triple interval on r8 L.A. wrists than cant even be traded.
#OHMADAF@CK$ERS

If the accounts are implemented in a sensible way, and I assume they are,  it'd take a supercomputer and a few years to break into one with brute force, at the very least. Even the richest account on EPW wouldn't be worth the efford.

If they aren't secure then one of these days a ton of the accounts will be hacked, the QQpocalypse will break out and the day after EPW will be rolled back to pre-hack and everything will be as it was, hopefully.
Oh well.