Epic Perfect World

Descent Expansion Guide

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Morai map above.
With the Descent Expansion coming around in roughly a couple weeks, I figured I may as well share what I've read about the expansion.
Hopefully this will answer some questions.

All of this info is based on what PWI received in its expansion, certain things may or may not be changed.
That is all up to Agatio.

Update: The Prestige and Influence multiplier is set to x5 so multiply the amounts listed.
Please refer to the Patch 22 notes for a full list of changes.

Other than skills, instances and gear, there were a few other changes that were made.
  • Seeker squad buffs will no longer consume a mirage
  • Quid Pro Quo can no longer transfer the "Decrease Maximum HP" debuff
  • Absolute Domain genie skill is no longer an AOE
  • 5% damage decrease to 4aps and 5aps, 20% accuracy decrease
  • 10 man squads. Does not work for old instances. Mostly used for new instance "Endless Universe". Works on main map, OHT, Lothranis/Momaganon and TW.
  • Treasure Hunter. New daily, NPC in South Arch and other cities. Not sure if the rewards will be changed or not.
  • New Veno Legendary pet "Little Dino". Pretty much a land nix.
  • Lucidgold/Lucidsilver. New daily in starter areas and Arch. May or may not be useful/changed.
These are just changes I read about, we're more than likely going to get them.

Custom changes;
As he's posted elsewhere, he will be making other custom changes if it all works.
  • Barb rings/weapon will be changed to nerf damage a bit.
  • MP charm CD will be reduced, Clerics will get more MP for Plume Shell.
  • Archers may get attack/defense levels and more evasion.

I don't have confirmation on this or any other changes like this I just know he had to test things earlier.

Top | Orders | Endless Universe | Skills

Humans | Winged Elves | Untamed | Tideborn | Earthguard
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:09 am by Mana

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Orders
Corona | Shroud | Luminance
To join an Order you must go to the specified area and pay a certain NPC 200k.
Corona Sanctuary, Corona King Kisian. Shrouded Temple, Shroud Prophet Mogo. other server of Luminance, Luminance Lord Gugg.

Important note: Leaving an Order and joining a new one.
When you leave an Order you have 5% of your Prestige and Influence taken from that Order. You have to wait one day before joining another Order. You cannot leave another Order for a 7 day period after leaving one.

Prestige and Influence
This is how you will be acquiring the new skills. The new gear is based on PWI standards so at the moment it is deemed remotely useless. There are various others things you can purchase with Prestige and Influence but those aren't as important.

You get both of these things from doing daily/weekly quests for your Order. Each Order has its own Prestige and Influence, so you can't just switch and still have it for a different Order.

Here is a list of the quests:

Divine Quest

Each Order has a Divine Emissary. To receive a quest from the Emissary, you need a Divine Order of Longevity from the Order's leader. You can either get 2 white quests or one purple quest.
White quests give 20 Prestige and 10 Influence. Purple quests give 40 Prestige and 20 Influence. So it's the same either way.

Hour Quest

Daily. You can receive it from the Lieutenant of the Order, must be done within the hour. 25 Prestige 10 Influence.

Wraith Slayer Missive

Can be done once a week, resets midnight on Monday server time. In order to receive the quest you need a squad with at least one person from each Order, squad leader picks up the quest from the Order leader. Gives 60 Prestige and no Influence.

Saturday PQ

Every Saturday 6:30pm server time, receive from your Order's Lieutenant. Kill 300 mobs and a boss, each Order has a separate PQ. Minimum of 100 contribution is needed to receive 80 Prestige and 30 Influence. Reward is the same for everybody who reached the minimum requirement or higher.

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Endless Universe

Agatio told me that the quest part will still be required to enter EU, I will post a link to the guide I was using to save space.
When you finish you receive a chest with one of the following rewards. And beyond that you can talk to the 1k Elder for 360k exp and some spirit.

Revelation Potion x5 (40%)
Apocalypse Page x4 (20%)
Chrono Page x4 (19%)
Advanced Skill Book (1%)

Please refer to this guide for EU.

Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:45 am by Syri

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Skills
The Advanced EU skills will now be available through EU from the chest you get at the end.
Apparently all skill books have been made tradeable, so you can stick alts into different orders.

Corona | Shroud | Luminance | EU

Humans

Blademaster

Wizard

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Winged Elves

Archer

Cleric

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Untamed

Barbarian

Venomancer

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Tideborn

Assassin

Psychic

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

Earthguard

Seeker

Mystic

i remember the fashion

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Opening this for now, taking a break from editing.
You can discuss things about the expansion. Any unnecessary posts will be removed.

i remember the fashion

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
Really glad this was posted. I quit PWI a while before this expansion, so I don't really know much about it. Would be cool if Aga could get the unavailable ones to work. We'll see how much it helps / hinders my PK.

Just looking at that map, I'm probably going to be spending the better part of the first few days just looking around the new area. XD

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Really glad this was posted. I quit PWI a while before this expansion, so I don't really know much about it. Would be cool if Aga could get the unavailable ones to work. We'll see how much it helps / hinders my PK.

Just looking at that map, I'm probably going to be spending the better part of the first few days just looking around the new area. XD

I don't know if he can. Apparently PWI is waiting for a patch for them, which we all know how long that usually takes. Really looking forward to seeing PK with some of these skills. I just hope we can make use of EU here.

I'm worried about people complaining about how long it takes to get all the skills available, it's pretty limited on how much you can get per week, but some skills are tradeable so we'll see.

i remember the fashion
:D make this happen nao plox

Offline Delirium

I don't know if he can. Apparently PWI is waiting for a patch for them, which we all know how long that usually takes. Really looking forward to seeing PK with some of these skills. I just hope we can make use of EU here.

I'm worried about people complaining about how long it takes to get all the skills available, it's pretty limited on how much you can get per week, but some skills are tradeable so we'll see.

I think I had an eyegasm just looking at this, very well laid out and very imformative.
Thank you very much for the guide! :D

About the other skills, apparently theres a new pach that comming soon with basically an Endless Universe hardcore mode or something, and I think you get the skills from there, or so what I read. Also theres another "re-craft" version of vana and R9 using warsong I do belive, but that won't affect us. :)

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
I think I had an eyegasm just looking at this, very well laid out and very imformative.
Thank you very much for the guide! :D

About the other skills, apparently theres a new pach that comming soon with basically an Endless Universe hardcore mode or something, and I think you get the skills from there, or so what I read. Also theres another "re-craft" version of vana and R9 using warsong I do belive, but that won't affect us. :)
Stud: I wish I could.

Well thank you. Gave me an eyesore doing it, had to pull from quite a few references. :P

Yeah I read it had to do with EU, which oddly has nothing to do with the skills now but whatever. Knowing how PWI is, it might take months just for them to get it, and us even longer.

I'm not sure whether I'll go into more detail about EU, might just have someone else make a guide for it.

i remember the fashion

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
As for the new expansion with EU and everything, a friend of mine linked me to a webpage about it. Also it's Warsong and Lunar. From what the page says it seems like you'll get the other books from EU Advanced Mode. Also states that PWI will get it first, oddly enough.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, I'll remove it if so.

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/perfect-world-international-imperial-fury-exclusive-details/