Epic Perfect World

Crimson Imperium update

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Just checked PWI site and found this.
Check it out, it has some interesting stuff that EPW could possibly have.

The Crimson Imperium has arrived in Perfect World to pay homage to the tomb of the Desert Dragon King. Upon arriving at the tomb, they notice something strange about the seal to the entrance. It is up to you to investigate what strange occurrences are taking place and determine if a greater danger threatens the existence of the entire world. Is this an omen of things to come? Find out and see…

The coming content update will feature a variety changes and new features. But be warned, this is just a precursor of things to come.

Here's what you can expect to find in the coming content update:

Title System:
Earn titles within the game that will reward you with a variety of buffs.

Attendance System:
Earn rewards just for playing. Consecutive days played will result in better rewards.

New Event:
A Legendary Phoenix has been spotted and is reportedly carrying some rare loot.

Perfect Match:
An in game social networking system to help you connect with new friends or partners to aid you in combat.

Nation Wars' Territories:
Now reduced down to 128 territories but still retaining the new maps from the last update

Commission Shop:
A new shop system that will allow you to browse items on sale from anywhere in the world.

Optimization Changes
New Quests
And more!

Source: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=985251

Personally I think "Perfect Match" system sounds interesting. If it was possible to be created withing EPW, this possibly could solve the problem of looking for people for PV, GV and other stuff. Because admit it, sometimes you just can't find ppl. Not always, just sometimes.
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2013, 03:48 pm by Dreamskies

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I have to wonder how much of this will be worth transferring over to EPW.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
We just got Sirens of War few months ago, we don't even have Rising Call yet and you already want the new one.

Not I. All I asked was how much of this content would be WORTH considering for EPW. Considering most of Rising Call looks worthless, how much could possibly be beneficial to the server. Thats all I was wondering.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
We just got Sirens of War few months ago, we don't even have Rising Call yet and you already want the new one.
This. I agree with this.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Title System:
Earn titles within the game that will reward you with a variety of buffs.

Let me guess, everyone can earn the decent titles but the really worthwhile ones will cost a few hundred dollars or require gear to qualify that costs said amount.

In any case, EPW is already suffering from a "BUFF ALL THE THINGS!" attitude, we hardly need more buffed stuff.
Titles could be cool though.

Attendance System:
Earn rewards just for playing. Consecutive days played will result in better rewards.

Somewhat interesting in principle, but free stuff is hardly something EPW needs right now.

New Event:
A Legendary Phoenix has been spotted and is reportedly carrying some rare loot.

Potentially interesting. Custom loot for EPW of course.

Perfect Match:
An in game social networking system to help you connect with new friends or partners to aid you in combat.

Not something I'd be interested in probably but I can see how this could be usefull. Especially for lower levels trying to team up etc.

Nation Wars' Territories:
Now reduced down to 128 territories but still retaining the new maps from the last update

Pretty pointless as  just about everything regarding those new maps is bad.

Commission Shop:
A new shop system that will allow you to browse items on sale from anywhere in the world.

Auctionhouse 2.0? Could be usefull though.

New Quests
And more!

Meh.

Optimization Changes

Optimization? Could it really be that they bothered properly multithreading some stuff? Or giving their engine an overhaul?

That would be AMAZING.

Though somehow I doubt it.

Cheebee

true, but something new on epic would be nice..

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
Let me guess, everyone can earn the decent titles but the really worthwhile ones will cost a few hundred dollars or require gear to qualify that costs said amount.

In any case, EPW is already suffering from a "BUFF ALL THE THINGS!" attitude, we hardly need more buffed stuff.
Titles could be cool though.

Somewhat interesting in principle, but free stuff is hardly something EPW needs right now.

Potentially interesting. Custom loot for EPW of course.

Not something I'd be interested in probably but I can see how this could be usefull. Especially for lower levels trying to team up etc.

Pretty pointless as  just about everything regarding those new maps is bad.

Auctionhouse 2.0? Could be usefull though.

Meh.

Optimization? Could it really be that they bothered properly multithreading some stuff? Or giving their engine an overhaul?

That would be AMAZING.

All of this! Again though, I still have to wonder if ANY of this will be worth transferring over to EPW. That Legendary Phoenix MIGHT be interesting, though it would probably need to be juiced up, plus it's loot table might need a revamp as you said.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
All of this! Again though, I still have to wonder if ANY of this will be worth transferring over to EPW. That Legendary Phoenix MIGHT be interesting, though it would probably need to be juiced up, plus it's loot table might need a revamp as you said.

The one thing I think all of PW desperately needs is optimizations.

Getting rid of lag in an 80v80 TW on a modern PC should really be no issue with current hardware.  But the old game engine is really lacking in performance.

IF these optimizations turn out to be good then I think Agatio should try looking into at least getting those on here as soon as possible, if it's possible of course.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
Getting rid of lag in an 80v80 TW on a modern PC should really be no issue with current hardware.  But the old game engine is really lacking in performance.

IF these optimizations turn out to be good then I think Agatio should try looking into at least getting those on here as soon as possible, if it's possible of course.

My work schedule doesn't allow me to TW. But I can understand the concern for it. I was more thinking about additional content, rather than overhauling the engine.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
My work schedule doesn't allow me to TW. But I can understand the concern for it. I was more thinking about additional content, rather than overhauling the engine.

It'll depend pretty heavily on what exactly they did but potentially it could also mean less lag in mass pk's, NW etc.
Possibly also less strain on the server overall and so on.

Offline Vionn

That would be AMAZING.

If this happens, it will be the best update in the history of PWI.

Cheebee

The one thing I think all of PW desperately needs is optimizations.

good point it's not just 80v80 TW it's also mass pk's got myself a gaming comp and the lag is still intense
if it's possible it would be a good idea.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
It'll depend pretty heavily on what exactly they did but potentially it could also mean less lag in mass pk's, NW etc.
Possibly also less strain on the server overall and so on.

As I said, I saw your point, we were simply looking at different ends of the spectrum is all. However, considering what PWI would consider optimization, it could be something as simple as just saving CC info on file for making purchasing of zen quicker, and more efficient. That would be such a PWI thing to do, and brag about.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
As I said, I saw your point, we were simply looking at different ends of the spectrum is all. However, considering what PWI would consider optimization, it could be something as simple as just saving CC info on file for making purchasing of zen quicker, and more efficient. That would be such a PWI thing to do, and brag about.

Yea..I'm not holding my breath over this.  One can hope though!

Ennaoj

Hello. Aga said there would be new FUN stuff added on the new patch - which would prolly happen either Monday or tuesday. I'm not saying "the new fun stuff" will include what you posted, but I just wanted to let ya know so you'd have something to look forward to :)

<3