Epic Perfect World

Why are certain offending character names allowed

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi

I fail to see why names like BreastCancer and igiveyouaids should have a place in EPW and how it can be classed as funny.  Its offensive, rude, obnoxious and totally ANTI SOCIAL. 

our grandfathers who invented this fatal disease for money killed themself and killing us right now, they was so proud of there invention . it bring them lot of fame and money , but they did not appreciate the key to happiness for a life of "  health and peace of mind " . they didnt give shit for the next generation they didnt care about us .
so they deserve what gamers  carrying the name of the  disease that killed them

THEY ALSO DESTROYED OUR SOCAIL LIFE ... YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE NICE TO THEM ?

Alucardsupul

This is what is truly wrong with our society today ..........the inability for understanding, care and empathy toward people who struggle with loss of loved ones in their lives.  People who fail to see that their actions have a direct impact on others, whether its in RL or in a game .......there is no difference between the two. Games are played by human beings with feelings, some who has experience extreme difficulties and sadness in their lives.

I fail to see why names like BreastCancer and igiveyouaids should have a place in EPW and how it can be classed as funny.  Its offensive, rude, obnoxious and totally ANTI SOCIAL. 

3. No names to be found overly offensive. (Example: racial slurs or obscenities)
     Breaking this rule will result in the following:
  • 1st.   Character will be asked to trade all items to his alt character and then perma banned.
  • 2nd.   If the same person continues to make offensive names, their main account will be banned and the 'offensive' characters will be deleted.

good to know we have a rule against it, now time to collect some names :normal-8:

and they were rude because half of them can't do a shet in rl, I just saying, as always:3

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
My point is. Where can you draw the line on these things. People drown so anyone with water in there name is offensive?

I'm srry people loose loved ones but alas if you live you must die and if you must die there will always be a cause of it. I personally lost my grandmother to breast cancer but fail to see how someone having this as there name in a game would offend me or anyone.

Maybe im twisted but when i see killed by (something truly fatal) i get a laugh usually. srry but i do. people find humor in different places.

I agree people lack general respect and decency. Again whos to say these names were created with the intent or purpose of being disrespectful and offensive or that the majority of the community finds them to be so. And how is there removal going to make people more respectful or thoughtful of others.

Anyway that's my 2 cents feel free to tell me how incensitive i am and how i dont care about what anyone else thinks now.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
My point is. Where can you draw the line on these things. People drown so anyone with water in there name is offensive?

I'm srry people loose loved ones but alas if you live you must die and if you must die there will always be a cause of it. I personally lost my grandmother to breast cancer but fail to see how someone having this as there name in a game would offend me or anyone.

Maybe im twisted but when i see killed by (something truly fatal) i get a laugh usually. srry but i do. people find humor in different places.

I agree people lack general respect and decency. Again whos to say these names were created with the intent or purpose of being disrespectful and offensive or that the majority of the community finds them to be so. And how is there removal going to make people more respectful or thoughtful of others.

Anyway that's my 2 cents feel free to tell me how incensitive i am and how i dont care about what anyone else thinks now.

This is why we have GM's and not bots. Agatio can use his general opinion to decide what is and what isn't offensive as it is his server.

Some other names I've seen around that are rather iffy include:

UberMensch
Swastika
Thick Cock.cn

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
This is why we have GM's and not bots. Agatio can use his general opinion to decide what is and what isn't offensive as it is his server.

Some other names I've seen around that are rather iffy include:

UberMensch
Swastika
Thick Cock.cn

Those first two are nowhere near offensive if you knew the actual meaning of them  :normal-19:

Offline Dewy

I do know the real meaning of them and still find them offensive. After all, it is not just the real meaning of the words but also the meaning they have gotten in history. And yes, in that light, they are offensive to me.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Those first two are nowhere near offensive if you knew the actual meaning of them  :normal-19:

I am aware of their traditional meanings however seeing as both characters were (at least at some point) together in the same faction along with the more recent and to most european more significant meanings of these, especially combined, I do find them offensive.
Seeing as the faction they are in makes a habit of trying to be as offensive as possible I find the argument that they aren't in fact meant as nazi references rather weak.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable

This is what is truly wrong with our society today ..........the inability for understanding, care and empathy toward people who struggle with loss of loved ones in their lives.  People who fail to see that their actions have a direct impact on others, whether its in RL or in a game .......there is no difference between the two. Games are played by human beings with feelings, some who has experience extreme difficulties and sadness in their lives.

3. No names to be found overly offensive. (Example: racial slurs or obscenities)
     Breaking this rule will result in the following:
  • 1st.   Character will be asked to trade all items to his alt character and then perma banned.
  • 2nd.   If the same person continues to make offensive names, their main account will be banned and the 'offensive' characters will be deleted.
How did you make it so long on the internet when people's name offend you? EPW would be a better place without whinning wussies . Omg that guy has ANT in his name and my dog got attacked by ants and is dead OMG :((. I seriously wonder why this world is full of useless carebears. Sheesh. Grow some cojones.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
How did you make it so long on the internet when people's name offend you? EPW would be a better place without whinning wussies . Omg that guy has ANT in his name and my dog got attacked by ants and is dead OMG :((. I seriously wonder why this world is full of useless carebears. Sheesh. Grow some cojones.
:normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:

I WANT KISS U

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
How are you offended by the things that have absolutely nothing to do with you. I remember that some time ago, there was a character named Hitler. And he was deleted by GM's. For what reason? For resembling the famous nazi leader that killed thousands of jews?
This isn't even covered by any rule, unless you somehow take Hitler as a racial slur or obscenity.

Thick Cock.cn

... Are you serious? This isn't even an appropriate version of the stereotype as it's common belief that people from China have THIN, not THICK penises.

Also, could I get an explanation as to why my previous post was deleted? As far as I know, there wasn't any insult nor racial remark in it.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
:normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2:

I WANT KISS U
Aww, I'm flattered. :tiger-8:
i feel like i'm dead

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
How are you offended by the things that have absolutely nothing to do with you. I remember that some time ago, there was a character named Hitler. And he was deleted by GM's. For what reason? For resembling the famous nazi leader that killed thousands of jews?
This isn't even covered by any rule, unless you somehow take Hitler as a racial slur or obscenity.... Are you serious? This isn't even an appropriate version of the stereotype as it's common belief that people from China have THIN, not THICK penises.

Also, could I get an explanation as to why my previous post was deleted? As far as I know, there wasn't any insult nor racial remark in it.
LOL you is have Plague in name and da plague is kil meny pipl why u no hev namechange, too offensiv :(( :tiger-13:. *OP's logic*.
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

Offline Inmoralia

• ƗɳɱΦƦɑʆأα
What is up with certain offending character names being allowed.  Names like igiveuaids and BreastCancer. I have had family members pass away from cancer and friends  pass away from aids. I do not find humor in these names. Can Gm's Please  force these players to change names?
I agree, its offensive. but it tells more about the player with the offensive name without talking to them  ;)

Offline NyaSama

• Anime <3
  • Characters: NyaSama
  • Faction: Artifex
^