Epic Perfect World

Why are certain offending character names allowed

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I fail to see the humor in a name like igiveyouaids. I also fail to see anyone with a name like that ever having anything I'd take seriously to say, or anything id ever want to take or buy from them. The fact of the matter is, there will ALWAYS be people out there going out of their way to be edgy or offensive. And they find it funny when someone DOES get offended. The less you feed into it the less power you give them, and eventually they will give up and accept that theyre acting like an immature ass, and start acting like an adult. Of course there is also the possibility that they think theyre getting away with something, and keep pushing seeing how far they can take it. Sadly over the internet, the only real way to cure THAT particular issue isnt available, since you cant administer an ass kicking through a computer.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I thought TrouserSnake was pretty clever :/ 
I'm basically 40

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
And they find it funny when someone DOES get offended. The less you feed into it the less power you give them, and eventually they will give up and accept that theyre acting like an immature ass, and start acting like an adult.

Excellent point. The reason they create names like this is to troll and get a reaction out of someone. If you ignore them, give them no attention, then they will just be the childish moron with the stupid name for no good reason. In the end, they look stupid. Creating a name like that to get a 5sec reaction out of people. Gf.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing an extension to the blacklist. These days, people are becoming worse online, on this game and on this server. There are a lot more trolls and a lot more cocky kids hiding behind a computer. Very trashy and offensive and I would just prefer to be able to ignore their existence rather than deal with them.

I thought TrouserSnake was pretty clever :/ 

Lul, I find that one kinda funny >.< must need more sleep.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Agatio made me change my veno's name, since it was innapropriate. q.q

Gf FaceFcked.  :normal-12:

Offline Major League

• WasteDump
  • Xpendable - Retired
Serious business.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
i saw a character named something like 'puzzyrape' of something. i was like wdf?

Offline 9artsDragon

• Sin forevaaa
  • Try and fail then learn and success!
Welcome to the Cyber World!

9artsDragon - stealth>fb>firepill>stun>rc>autoattack>deads>stealth GG

Offline Dewy

Welcome to the Cyber World!

In other words, as long as you are behind a keyboard, anonymously, you can have every right to hurt people by choosing offensive names.
Such are the manners, apparently so get used to it and just pretend it does not hurt you or that it is not there.. 
Frankly, that argument sucks. It is much like the way bullying is justified by some: it's just words, that's how it is, ignore it...and it is painfully clear that it does not work that way.
Personally, I absolutely abhor the faction name Nazi Co. Whoever came up with that one should be sent on a trip to Dachau to see what they chose.

If that is the way players want to deal with each other, so be it. The really ignorant ones who get off on reactions to their offensive names, oh well. The difference between fat and stupid is that you can do something about fat. I choose not to respond to really offensive names, for that very reason.

It's just a pity that is apparently easier and more fun to some people to be offensive and rude and to disregard other people's feelings than to think for 10 seconds and decide to be less of all of the above.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
if you see someone irl with "xxx" name and offending you .. what you do ?
you go to police and ask him to put "xxx" guy in jail cause his name offending me ?
you bring the gun and become gangesta to kill that "xxx" person?

ofc no, all you do is ... no *** giving
so you dont give *** irl about names offending you .. are you going to give it in a pixels game ???????????????????????????????????

Offline Dewy

you go to police and ask him to put "xxx" guy in jail cause his name offending me ?

ofc no, all you do is ... no *** giving
so you dont give *** irl about names offending you .. are you going to give it in a pixels game ???????????????????????????????????

If you see someone with an xxx name in real life, you know they had really dumb parents.
If you see someone with such a name in game, you know they really need a few more brain cells.

Well this does not apply to RL because any person with an offensive name would not have a job or money cause no one would hire them. I have never came accross someone in RL with an Legal name that is offensive. So the chance of this happening in RL is prolly 1 in 100 million.  I fail to see your logic in this thought...Here we are subjected to seeing the players name over their heads in passing. yes you can use feature to make all players names invisible over head.  why should I be forced to do that for a few offensive names? We see there names in squad lists if get added for bh, we see them in World chat, Maybe are subjected to seeing offensive names in your own Faction. So by your point you think all names are ok Regardless how offensive or insensitive they are?
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline Gamlen

• It's just a game.
The most pointless topic of the month, congratulations, here's your medal.

1: If you get offended by someone's name which is NOT directed towards you and It's just there because that person chose the name, you have issues. You're either too serious or too serious, chill out. If someone walks around with the name IFckUrMom, Its not like Im gonna start crying and complain about how he has intentions to fck my mom (Even if shes dead) Like 9384283947 other people said, this is the internet, NOTHING should offend you coming from anyone over the internet, even if Its a direct insult.
2: That's all I had to say, now can someone flame and trashtalk me? Im kinda bored, need that entertainment from Internet thugs.
Gamlen 150 Sage Sin
Cudi   150 Sage EA

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
Can GM please remove all people with ''Heart'' in their name because a family member of mine passed away from a stroke?

Thanks I appreciate it.

The most pointless topic of the month, congratulations, here's your medal.

1: If you get offended by someone's name which is NOT directed towards you and It's just there because that person chose the name, you have issues. You're either too serious or too serious, chill out. If someone walks around with the name IFckUrMom, Its not like Im gonna start crying and complain about how he has intentions to fck my mom (Even if shes dead) Like 9384283947 other people said, this is the internet, NOTHING should offend you coming from anyone over the internet, even if Its a direct insult.
2: That's all I had to say, now can someone flame and trashtalk me? Im kinda bored, need that entertainment from Internet thugs.

Chances are somehow someway someone will be offended by a name. You say its immature to use such names and you don't see any humor in it but perhaps others can find humor from them. Again internet different opinions and idea's. The word cheese offends me in peoples names cause someone i know ate bad cheese and died from it.plz remove all people from game with word cheese.

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥

This is what is truly wrong with our society today ..........the inability for understanding, care and empathy toward people who struggle with loss of loved ones in their lives.  People who fail to see that their actions have a direct impact on others, whether its in RL or in a game .......there is no difference between the two. Games are played by human beings with feelings, some who has experience extreme difficulties and sadness in their lives.

I fail to see why names like BreastCancer and igiveyouaids should have a place in EPW and how it can be classed as funny.  Its offensive, rude, obnoxious and totally ANTI SOCIAL. 

3. No names to be found overly offensive. (Example: racial slurs or obscenities)
     Breaking this rule will result in the following:
  • 1st.   Character will be asked to trade all items to his alt character and then perma banned.
  • 2nd.   If the same person continues to make offensive names, their main account will be banned and the 'offensive' characters will be deleted.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks

This is what is truly wrong with our society today ..........the inability for understanding, care and empathy toward people who struggle with loss of loved ones in their lives.  People who fail to see that their actions have a direct impact on others, whether its in RL or in a game .......there is no difference between the two. Games are played by human beings with feelings, some who has experience extreme difficulties and sadness in their lives.

I fail to see why names like BreastCancer and igiveyouaids should have a place in EPW and how it can be classed as funny.  Its offensive, rude, obnoxious and totally ANTI SOCIAL. 

3. No names to be found overly offensive. (Example: racial slurs or obscenities)
     Breaking this rule will result in the following:
  • 1st.   Character will be asked to trade all items to his alt character and then perma banned.
  • 2nd.   If the same person continues to make offensive names, their main account will be banned and the 'offensive' characters will be deleted.

It's not even about empathy to those who have lost loved ones. It's a lack of respect and general decency to others.
And I am not talking about offensive names anymore. Look at all the responses that Evangelica quoted. How many people were just rude. And don't give me the excuse of 'welcome to the internet', because that is a pathetic excuse for being rude, obnoxious and downright mean to other people. Just general trend of society these days, I guess. No manners, no respect for others, no common sense lol.
Hiding behind a computer does not give you the right to insult others, it's just cowardly.

Makes me truly sad how people are these days. I remember when this used to be for fun. Now it's about being better than everyone else and putting others down. I hope it gets you far in life.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀