Epic Perfect World

Why are certain offending character names allowed

What is up with certain offending character names being allowed.  Names like igiveuaids and BreastCancer. I have had family members pass away from cancer and friends  pass away from aids. I do not find humor in these names. Can Gm's Please  force these players to change names?
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline Shimmer

LOL seriously?  Are you like 5??  If those names offend you, there is about a 99.9% chance that you are too young for the internet.

*Shimmer ~ Alysra ~ Sunara*

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I would say to ignore it, but some names are offensive, and offensive names are against the tos.

But it is what it is.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)
LOL seriously?  Are you like 5??  If those names offend you, there is about a 99.9% chance that you are too young for the internet.
umm no not 5, these were very close family members and friends, Where is the Humor in these Names I do not see what is funny about them in the least.. they are offensive.
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline NyaSama

• Anime <3
  • Characters: NyaSama
  • Faction: Artifex
Welcome to the internet.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK

If you have a problem, you have to contact Aga via skype, PMs in game or on the forum, or post in the helpdesk. Either Aga or another GM will get back to you as soon as possible.

http://epicpw.com/helpdesk/
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor

If you have a problem, you have to contact Aga via skype, PMs in game or on the forum, or post in the helpdesk. Either Aga or another GM will get back to you as soon as possible.

^this. And also you can simply blacklist them.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks

This ^

They can determine whether a name is deemed overall offensive or not. Unfortunately, as people have said, this is the internet. While you may take personal offence to someone's name, they have the right to choose as they wish, as long it isn't directly racist, discriminatory or a cuss word. I too, do not see the humour in their names either, but I guess some kids have a mature sense of humour.

Best thing to do is ignore the name. I doubt they will ever be taken seriously with it but depending on the nature of the name, may not be asked to change it.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
There are plenty of names that should never be allowed here.  Most people choose them to get a "rise" out of others.  I actually didn't even know that you could report them, but thanks for the heads up on that.

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
This is the internet you can always blacklist people with names that offend you np. I hope my seeker named JackMeHoff does not offend you.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Beloved ♥

• Fab ♥
  • 08.03.13 ♥
  • Characters: Beloved, Euphoric
  • Faction: Fab's bed
I remember my friend had a Cleric named Kunta Kinte.
Then it got deleted.

RIP Kunta Kinte  :normal-12:
Read this and grow up
 Don't play anymore. Won't play anymore. Bye.

Offline Chibbi

• Was a pleasure
  • Characters: Chibbi
This is the internet you can always blacklist people with names that offend you np. I hope my seeker named JackMeHoff does not offend you.
That was YOU?!  ???
I giggled for 5 minutes when I saw that in world chat one day.
yes you can blacklistt what is it ohh i think 5 whole people can be on your BL wow  thats enough room isn't it?

Offline Resolve

That was YOU?!  ???
I giggled for 5 minutes when I saw that in world chat one day.

Yea that was me huehue i try my best ;D

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Resolve

yes you can blacklistt what is it ohh i think 5 whole people can be on your BL wow  thats enough room isn't it?

Ok We beg Gns for Blacklist expansion stone.