Epic Perfect World

Favorite Books

Offline Nya❤

:-[ I actually haven't seen one around here for the bit of time that I've been here which is surprising.
So I guess it's thread for posting your favorite book(s), book lists, books that you're going to read, good books, bad books, and stuff like that.

I also might be trying to find something new to read-not including stuff on my to be read list.

Umm so I'l start I guess:
A good book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Reading list to be read: Most of the stuff on http://bookriot.com/2012/11/01/book-riot-readers-top-50-favorite-novels/.
An absolutely horrible book: Twilight.
God, that thing is ... simply awful..

Hi ❤

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
So very unoriginal but gonna get in before anyone else does:

- Harry Potter. All of them. Cover to cover. Consumed my childhood. Don't regret a moment of it.

Then some others:
- Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind (Ignore the tv series, it's trash)
- Guardians of Time series - Marianne Curley
- Anything by Juliet Marillier

I'll add more when I think of them ^_^
Last Edit: Sept 14, 2013, 04:32 am by Azryn

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
http://teddekker.com/library/<- Read all of them except for his newest.  Really good books if you like the genre :o.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
A good book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Hi, I lahb you. That's easily one of my favorite books. However the movie was disappointing. They didn't do any of the characters justice, especially Patrick.

To read list:
Inferno - Dan Brown
Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick

I can't think of any books that I read that I hated, because I either stopped reading them or forgot about them. 50 Shades of Gray was pretty bad. I read some of it to see what everyone was obsessing over. I'm not a fan of trashy romance novels as a whole, so anything from that genre is automatically my least favorite.

Angelica

Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction, Chain Reaction, How I Live Now, Thirteen Reasons Why, Where Rainbows End, The Dark Divine are my fav books. (:

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire
Let the right one in - John Ajvide
The Talisman - Stephen King

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline midnytelace

Myth Series by Robert Asprin, The Dark Is Rising Series by Susan Cooper, The Serrated Edge Series by Mercedes Lackey, Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling, Legend of Drizzt Series by RA Salvatore, The Deryni Series by Katherine Kurtz and Psion by Joan D. Vinge.

Offline PVEqueen

• PVE queen. Hi.
Atm i am reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho.
I think is a very nice book, if u enjoy reading. I have a fragment i really love in that book, which makes me think a lot at myself.

“I am two women: one wants to have all the joy, passion and adventure that life can give me. The other wants to be a slave to routine, to family life, to the things that can be planned and achieved. "

If anyone decides to start reading thisl i strongly recommend it.

♥ ♦ ♣ ♠   Go bring a blanket. ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ U leave me cold.   ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
The Bridge on the Drina and Signs along the road by Ivo Andric and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, definitely something everyone should read  :smiley:

Alucardsupul

Atm i am reading Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho.
I think is a very nice book, if u enjoy reading. I have a fragment i really love in that book, which makes me think a lot at myself.

“I am two women: one wants to have all the joy, passion and adventure that life can give me. The other wants to be a slave to routine, to family life, to the things that can be planned and achieved. "

If anyone decides to start reading thisl i strongly recommend it.

don't know about that, but Coelho's "devil and miss prym" was so ***ing confusing

really hard for me to like a book, they entertain me while reading, but usually I don't even remember them, anyway, these are my favs

"man who laughs"
"The Devil in the Belfry" (I love poe but this is still my favourite)
"Vernon god little"
"Faust"
"The Master and Margarita"
"Hamlet"(still couldn't stop myself from laughing time to time, my bad :normal-2:)

I really REALLY really really really really want to read "Krabat" aka "Satanic windmill but it's not translated in my language and I can't get it in English in my ugly country either:"((((((((((

if you know any website where I can read it online please, PLEASE pleasetell me
Last Edit: Sept 14, 2013, 09:56 am by ✝Sybil✝

Offline Nya❤

http://teddekker.com/library/<- Read all of them except for his newest.  Really good books if you like the genre :o.
I read the descriptions on some....

They sound like really good books o.o I think I'l take a look at them some other time..*bookmarks the page*
Hi, I lahb you. That's easily one of my favorite books. However the movie was disappointing. They didn't do any of the characters justice, especially Patrick.

To read list:
Inferno - Dan Brown
Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick

I can't think of any books that I read that I hated, because I either stopped reading them or forgot about them. 50 Shades of Gray was pretty bad. I read some of it to see what everyone was obsessing over. I'm not a fan of trashy romance novels as a whole, so anything from that genre is automatically my least favorite.

Hi, I labh you too. ❤ And most movies don't do justice to the books. In general.  :-X I mean, the Harry Potter movies were never as good as the books. And I've never seen the movie for Perks of Being a Wallflower (though it's an excellent book, one of my favorites  :smiley:), but I pretty much knew it was worse (a classmate of mine who had read the book, and seen the movie, told me that the movie was way worse-they skipped parts, left stuff out, and besides that, movies practically censor out everything...).

Oh, Angels and Demons is really good o.o Although I read it in like, grade 4 or 5, so I forget chunks of it now. ._. ...I actually haven't read any of the other ones e.e

❤ I LABH YOU. I hate trashy romance novels for the most parts (oh, like Twilight. I don't even know how that managed to go on for the number of books it has, and fans. Its just something like, "I love him, but I can't be with him, but I also love this other guy, so what should I do oh noesss!")............. But I get tempted to read the most famous ones (ex.  Twilight) because..they're famous. ._.

Ehm..I'm currently reading Frankenstein, and I'm trying to finish some of the ones on the list I linked before.. Moby Dick, How to Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, 1984 (which is honestly pretty good), Animal Farm, Slaughterhouse-Five, The Book Thief (I've read some of it before but not the whole thing .-.), The catcher in the rye, etc.
.-. I like just about every book that isn't full of crappy romance (once again, e.g. Twilight).

Hi ❤

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Sword of Truth series - Terry Goodkind (Ignore the tv series, it's trash)

I have to disagree, the books were just a little too predictable for my taste to be enjoyable.

Though you should try
The Inheritance Cycle- Christopher Paolini
The Dresden Files- Jim Butcher
Decipher- Stel Pavlou
The Lucifer Principle- Howard Bloom
But avoid A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin!!! After reading the first 5 books, all I want to do is beat that man to death with his own laptop!!!

There were some other really good series offered here too. Check them out, enjoy them, and pass on the love of reading to the next generation!

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Nya❤

But avoid A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin!!! After reading the first 5 books, all I want to do is beat that man to death with his own laptop!!!

I, ah, see.

*I just noticed that only one of your signature image's eyes actually have eyelashes.
._.

Hi ❤

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
*I just noticed that only one of your signature image's eyes actually have eyelashes.
._.

You've never seen A Clockwork Orange?

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Nya❤

You've never seen A Clockwork Orange?
N.e.v.e.r.

Hi ❤