Epic Perfect World

Patcher message: Update server connection fails

Offline @x£L

i have a lil problem here
i wanted to play the game again and it wouldnt work so i checked the problems went on the forums and found some info
tried everything and still didnt work so i redownloaden the game ( twice already ) both new downloades still dont work i dont get what im doing wrong
i did all of this
- Run the patcher as administrator and check again
- Add launcher.exe / patcher.exe / elementclient.exe to your antivirus exception list and check again
- Copy updateserver file attached to the bottom of this post and paste in EPW/patcher/server. Then restart the patcher and check again
- Run fixit.bat in EPW/launcher and then click 'Verify' button on game patcher
- Restart the PC and router, then check again
- Alternately redownload / reinstall the client
and still nothing
 Server update fail! Try other server?
if i put in the other server list and update server witch is
EPW
Epica-1        443:185.30.164.34   1
Epica-2        28081:185.30.164.34   1
--
"Patch-1"      "http://download.epicpw.com/patch146/"
"Patch-2"      "http://198.245.61.66/patch146/"
i get version verification interrupt
im at a dead end right now
Last Edit: Sept 13, 2013, 11:15 am by bkplayer16

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
inside the launcher folder theres a file named
fixit.bat
double click it please and wait a bit

after this open the Launcher.exe file
click on the Verify button and see if it goes.

Offline @x£L

it only says update server connection fails
 please try other update server
QQ

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
If you have tried fixit.bat, verifying, updating the server lists, then the only other thing I can suggest is a comp restart (you never know, it may work), else a redownload and reinstall may be necessary.

Can you tell me what your current client version is? It will be on the patcher when you open it. You may need a manual patch.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline MsEve

• Eve was missing, Ira was dead, now i retired -_-
  • Characters: -
  • Faction: -
it only says update server connection fails
 please try other update server
QQ

hmm, if u still have the EpicPerfectWorld.rar   file, exract it,reminder: don't EDIT anything on ".txt"  files,  if done, then, just CLICK on the launcher folder then run the launcher.exe, if done, then, a small UI appear, wait for it until its done updating some files then, the UI appear but another POPUP appear, on the patcher side on the POPUP click it then choose patcher then click ok, then it will UPDATE, then if the update success at version 70 then it would be nice, if it stops at 69,close the client UI, download the .cup,After you download the   patch 69-70.cup  , instead of going to the patcher.exe and manual  then displayed that the file was corrupted,     just click the patch 69-70.cup  and it will be patched   ^-^

Offline @x£L

if i used the serverlist and server update that i found i get version mismatch so i set it all back to normal so im basicly back to the start where i just zipped the download file and i cant see witch client i have lol all i can say right now is that i used the download that is recommended the direct mirror 1 and 2

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
if i used the serverlist and server update that i found i get version mismatch so i set it all back to normal so im basicly back to the start where i just zipped the download file and i cant see witch client i have lol all i can say right now is that i used the download that is recommended the direct mirror 1 and 2

If you go to the following location:
EPW folder>config>element>version.sw (open this file in notepad)
The number in this file will tell us the version number.

Also, what program did you use to unzip the downloaded file?

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline @x£L

If you go to the following location:
EPW folder>config>element>version.sw (open this file in notepad)
The number in this file will tell us the version number.

Also, what program did you use to unzip the downloaded file?

it says 41 0 if i open with notepad is that it ? and i dunno i didnt use a specific program to unzip i guess its something i have on my laptop i dunno what it is lol

Offline @x£L

3th time charm i guess downloaded again and patched lmaoo