Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should the size of each faction be reduced down to 100 people?

Yes, do change.
11 (13.6%)
No, do not change.
67 (82.7%)
I am not sure.
3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: Sept 12, 2013, 05:59 pm

Solwing all EPW problems (almost all:)) (before voting, read the description).

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I think I recall another thread similar to this (removing allies or limiting them/removing the policy button) with Agatio saying that if it were to happen (which apparently can be done) all guilds would have to be wiped. I for one do not think that's an option if this were the case.

The problem isn't big guilds, the problem is cowards who need a squad of 10 to take out 2-3 people. This intimidates anyone without the option to call for backup and leaves PK empty most of the time. Even if there were to be a limit, it wouldn't change the fact that the big guilds would just make two smaller guilds and ally with each other. It doesn't solve anything.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
200 people factions can not work on a private server, on PWI there are enough people so yes, here  it only causes chaos, imbalance. People tend to group up and form 1-2 big factions in order to rule. Why not preventing that way of playing? With 100 people in factions there would be so much more competition, so much less dominating, things so much more interesting.
This is not about complaining, my ideas simply work.
You would probably have to make new factions, not cut old ones by half. In my opinion, someone who has something to loose here (or thinks he has) or someone who is afraid, would be against that idea.
I have suggested this long ago, because I understand how PW fun works.

200 player factions has worked for the whole existence of PWI private servers. And I agree that people tend to 'ally', but I STILL do not see how decreasing the maximum player allotment will stop more and more factions allying each other. Also, surely if you're reducing the numbers, it will encourage more and more factions to actually ally each other. Re-creating the situation you started with entirely.

This will not happen. And I will sit here, typing until you realise so.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Well Caffeine,
What about making factions become smaller and deleting the allies system? We all know that you can not convince people to play fair, but if you implement what i am suggesting, you can prevent people from playing unfair. Honestly, people worth having on a fun server like this, are nice people. If you take care of nice, fair players, everything will magically start working. So maybe it is time to make a step forward, not to a side.
Advantages of having smaller factions, no allies system:
-more equally strong factions,
-much more balance and general fun on the server,
-much better TWs,
-much better pk,
- nicer nicer NWs (with more good squads around and less solo fighters),
-refreshment into the server, with new factions move people involved.
This is much better than resetting the server, gears are stil lthere, factions mean nothing if there is no fun for everyone.
P:S: I have been on PW BD and foresaw why it gonna die, i always flamed PW Vendetta, knew how it is going to end. In my opinion, this server has best GMS and gameplay, but it needs to control its players more, in order for them not to do harm to themselves.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Well Caffeine,
What about making factions become smaller and deleting the allies system? We all know that you can not convince people to play fair, but if you implement what i am suggesting, you can prevent people from playing unfair. Honestly, people worth having on a fun server like this, are nice people. If you take care of nice, fair players, everything will magically start working. So maybe it is time to make a step forward, not to a side.
Advantages of having smaller factions, no allies system:
-more equally strong factions,
-much more balance and general fun on the server,
-much better TWs,
-much better pk,
- nicer nicer NWs (with more good squads around and less solo fighters),
-refreshment into the server, with new factions move people involved.
This is much better than resetting the server, gears are stil lthere, factions mean nothing if there is no fun for everyone.
P:S: I have been on PW BD and foresaw why it gonna die, i always flamed PW Vendetta, knew how it is going to end. In my opinion, this server has best GMS and gameplay, but it needs to control its players more, in order for them not to do harm to themselves.

Firstly, what are you arguing for? It started off as decreasing faction sizes, and now it's to both decreasing faction sizes and also removing the allies system. Anyway, if this happens I along with a lot of others will be off to another private server very quickly. Also, I'd just like to argue against some of your reasoning:

"-much better TWs", allies can't come to TW anyway, and also 200-100 would make no difference if your faction had active players and could still take 80 to TW...

"-much better pk", it's not exactly like you are forced to PK against the strongest factions and you also don't have to go to PK and argue against it if your faction decide for PKing certain factions...

"- nicer nicer NWs", this would not be directly affected by the change at all.

"-refreshment into the server, with new factions move people involved", yes due to people being thrown out of their faction because a shoddy rule was put in place...

Just going to say this now, in the most polite way possible. NO, this will not happen and please stop wasting yours and others time battling for a case which was decided upon by many at the original post. I can see that you are passionate about this happening, but if you get un-biased advantages and disadvantages you will see that it's better as it is.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Evicting players from their primary guild will do more harm than good.. Nothing will change, besides an increase in unhappy players. More and more players will leave the server due to too much control on their play. This is a private server, not a jail.

There is no such thing as a perfect balance, and even despite this, there is still constant tweaking and improving done by Agatio.

Concerning small/tiny factions:
There will still be small factions trying to make a name on this server that never make it as far as a 40th member. And there is nothing wrong with that. Small family guilds aren't the ones that I see complaining on the forums..

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
NO.

What you're suggesting is basically more factions which is a good and bad thing.  Mostly bad.  Larger factions are large because they did stuff to ensure that they'd be big.  You know, recruitment and all that.  Eventually something happens and that big faction gets smaller as another faction that was small and non-factor grows. 

Implementing this will do absolutely nothing but cause factions whose members have been together for ages to be split.  Player #101-200 are kicked out like red-headed stepchildren.  It would mean MORE factions. Have you seen the diplomacy on the allies system? How many factions (alive or dead) are in it?  Now double it.  Maybe even triple it. 

Yeah...no.   There are no benefits and 2434744758 cons to piss off the masses.

Thought you quit anyways.  If you're not happy, why are you still here?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Cheebee

Max 100 people in guild would bring more balance into the sever. Much more fun tws, much more fun pvp, much less complaining in general.
That step will surely not solve all PW problems, but be a great start.

no... like just .. no.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Player #101-200 are kicked out like red-headed stepchildren.

Not to go off-topic, but this had me rolling. :tiger-2:

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
I hope that he/she has assumed that the s**tstorm and the 29-4 votes, means that this is most definitely a NO...

Offline Inmoralia

• ƗɳɱΦƦɑʆأα
fail topic/thread

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Reducing faction numbers by half will lead to alt factions... No ones gonna leave NH and join something else cos they were force kicked, they'l just make another alt faction. Congratz on bringing up a dead idea

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
its more better if you set TW numbers max 50vs50 less lags less gank

but reducing faction slots wont help
people will make alt factions / team up with each others

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
I admit that it may sound a little bit rough, but I am quite sure it would actually improve things for nice, fun players and probably kill some of the "fun" for cowards and lazy players. So it would maybe even cause some players to leave the server, which would be a healthy filter, breath of fresh air to this server.) This is the last game that you will ever play that will ever allow such an imbalance. More recent mmos prevent players from teaming up and ganking anything. Maybe it is time to move on, to upgrade the way of playing and the way of thinking of people here.
I am in favor of fairness and balance and will always fight for it. It matters not, if it is 4 vs 24, I will still stick to what is right (in my opinion ofc:)). I wanted to give you an example from rl, but you probably would not like it:)
P.S. Forcing people to run around in smaller groups would also reduce the amount of lag that is also an issue to many players.

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER
LESS PEOPLE IN SMALL GUILD, NO PROBLEM, GANK WORM,HO,EXPEN AND OTHER BIG GUILD WHILE THEY ALONE. ITS FUN TO MOVE AROUND ALL PW MAP GANKING WITH SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE.

TRUST ME. ITS FUN. THEY CANT KEEP UP WITH U IF U MOVING A LOT.

guerrilla warfare  :pig-50:

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
so you're sayin each faction kicks 100 members, and that fixes errythin '-'? sorry i didnt read the entire post cuz when u said reduce the size to 100 members i alrdy knew this was stupid.