Epic Perfect World

So....Nation Wars

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Well, hi. Im starting this topic since I personally got extremely bored of nw, and Im sure Im not the only one so feel free to posts your suggestions here about how to improve it.

Also, since there's already another topic about the purify spell, please keep that whole suggestion out of here due to possible drama

So, few suggestions from me.

1. Remove the spawn buffs you get when you die.

2. Try to use some old maps as new instances, using the same nw map gets boring fast, so could use some new map until we get the new maps pwi has.

3. Try to cut off some of the lands so we dont have too many empty battles, Im not telling to use the old map which was a base lock the first 5 minutes, but something in between if it's possible.

Feel free to suggest more and debate.

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
Yes.

2. Try to use some old maps as new instances, using the same nw map gets boring fast, so could use some new map until we get the new maps pwi has.
Yes.

3. Try to cut off some of the lands so we dont have too many empty battles, Im not telling to use the old map which was a base lock the first 5 minutes, but something in between if it's possible.
Yes.

10/10 suggestions, player_Anguised.

Cheebee

I say just bring out something new, NW is just old and we need something better to keep us occupied. even changing NW will not make it less boring imo.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants

New map is absolutely awful. Killed NW on PWI.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Well, hi. Im starting this topic since I personally got extremely bored of nw, and Im sure Im not the only one so feel free to posts your suggestions here about how to improve it.

Also, since there's already another topic about the purify spell, please keep that whole suggestion out of here due to possible drama

1. I disagree. Nationwar is about 50-70% EA.  EA's have 0 need for buffs trough their gameplay style. They already instakill just about everyone so when the buffs are taken out of the equation just about every non-EA may as well stop going. Even with buffs, in foxform, I routinely take 10k+ from unsparked ea's, this really does  not need increasing.

I do agree though that the buffs are a bit strong. They are much more powerfull than their cleric/bm counterparts from what I can tell. Perhaps lower them to be the same strength?

2: I don't really see the need for new maps. Everything I've heard about the PWI versions was bad.

3:Empty battles are often a choice. Jumping into a 15 vs 0 map when theres several maps that urgently need backup is just plain bad strategy, not a problem with NW itself. 

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

All of the above.
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
well the latest PWI patch has a even bigger nw map... But it also has a new type of game mode in nw, which might make things a bit more interesting, I hope.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
1. I disagree. Nationwar is about 50-70% EA.  EA's have 0 need for buffs trough their gameplay style. They already instakill just about everyone so when the buffs are taken out of the equation just about every non-EA may as well stop going. Even with buffs, in foxform, I routinely take 10k+ from unsparked ea's, this really does  not need increasing.

I do agree though that the buffs are a bit strong. They are much more powerfull than their cleric/bm counterparts from what I can tell. Perhaps lower them to be the same strength?

I mostly suggested the buffs because it gives werefoxes and eas (with debuff bow at least) some pseudo-advantage over all other classes. But that's just my opinion.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I mostly suggested the buffs because it gives werefoxes and eas (with debuff bow at least) some pseudo-advantage over all other classes. But that's just my opinion.

Yea, having purge is pretty important in current EPW. Everyone always running around with full buffs..

Removing buffs would remove a little bit of advantage for venos but in the end just about everyone won't have a problem finding a squad with an EP, a BM & a barb ending up with buffed people again. It will just make it easier to spawnkill & tougher for people to go solo.

It won't negate the EA advantage either, it's the most used class for pk for a reason.

Cheebee

well the latest PWI patch has a even bigger nw map... But it also has a new type of game mode in nw, which might make things a bit more interesting, I hope.

if this the one people saying it's shit, honestly they should bring it out anyway. ur right it could make more things interesting, anyway just something new that would make people try NW again.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Yea, having purge is pretty important in current EPW. Everyone always running around with full buffs..

Removing buffs would remove a little bit of advantage for venos but in the end just about everyone won't have a problem finding a squad with an EP, a BM & a barb ending up with buffed people again. It will just make it easier to spawnkill & tougher for people to go solo.

It won't negate the EA advantage either, it's the most used class for pk for a reason.

Would at least somewhat fix the issue of eas and sins that go solo and just rpk due to the buffs, there's no guarantee you'll always get a squad with the essential classes either, unlike the buffs you'd get no matter what.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Would at least somewhat fix the issue of eas and sins that go solo and just rpk due to the buffs, there's no guarantee you'll always get a squad with the essential classes either, unlike the buffs you'd get no matter what.

These people are more of a problem to their own nation than anyone else. It's pretty impossible to force people to be good teammates.
Last Edit: Sept 08, 2013, 10:53 pm by Feone

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
These people are more of a problem to their own naton than anyone else. It's pretty impossible to force people to be good teammates.

Touché.

Cheebee

I don't think they should remove the buffs like u said not everyone can get a squad so it helps. like if u spawn next to fully buffed people u would want some buffs.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
if this the one people saying it's shit, honestly they should bring it out anyway. ur right it could make more things interesting, anyway just something new that would make people try NW again.

I agree but also doubt Aga could get the files to get the new maps right away, that's why i suggested recycling an old one, about adding a new type of game mode without the files...i have no clue.