Epic Perfect World

Alternative to r8?

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
Why do people insist that new gear is always the answer? Ive spent over 235kec on my seeker and sin combined thus far, and I'm still trying for worthwhile stats on my sin. Just farm, and reshape. I play a few hours a day 3-4 days a week. It's not difficult to farm ec. Everyone who wants good gear with decent stats does the same thing. Deal with it, and keep it pushing. The only piece of Dragon gear i feel should be upgradable should be the helm. Since we already have ascended dragon cape, we should have the option to upgrade the helm as well. Other than that, just do what the rest of do, and farm/reshape/repeat.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Panda_monium

Why do people insist that new gear is always the answer? Ive spent over 235kec on my seeker and sin combined thus far, and I'm still trying for worthwhile stats on my sin. Just farm, and reshape. I play a few hours a day 3-4 days a week. It's not difficult to farm ec. Everyone who wants good gear with decent stats does the same thing. Deal with it, and keep it pushing. The only piece of Dragon gear i feel should be upgradable should be the helm. Since we already have ascended dragon cape, we should have the option to upgrade the helm as well. Other than that, just do what the rest of do, and farm/reshape/repeat.
I'm not making this postfor me. I have r8r and all that good stuff.
Making a suggestion for other players who can't post it lol.

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable
if you want the good stuff, you need to work for it.
better r8 gear -> more money and time spent to make it. unless you have godly luck
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
unless you have godly luck

My son is the direct result of the one and only time (pre pregnancy) my xwife and I DIDNT use birth control. My fiancee's pregnancy is the direct result of the ONE time the condom broke. I dont think I can, in ANY WAY, say I have godly luck. Though at least my poor luck has blessed me with an absolutely AMAZING son, and one child on the way. So all in all it's a mixed blessing.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
My son is the direct result of the one and only time (pre pregnancy) my xwife and I DIDNT use birth control. My fiancee's pregnancy is the direct result of the ONE time the condom broke. I dont think I can, in ANY WAY, say I have godly luck. Though at least my poor luck has blessed me with an absolutely AMAZING son, and one child on the way. So all in all it's a mixed blessing.

Well grats to you, and yeah the luck gods aren't on your side, but it's okay, I don't have godly luck either.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
What thread is this? xD
I'm basically 40

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
And so on, the barrage of off topic comments began.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Just get r8 if you want random stats.  :normal-18:

Waste

Farm again? No suck me up.

Zephyr

Meh. I'd say if there was new gear added, which was in the middle of dragon and r8, it would be also priced likewise. I doubt dragon gear would get cheaper. They'd probably increase r8 gear prices (maybe with mats required).

Also, wouldn't it be like having basically the same stats as r8? Except the fact that you've got cheaper gear which has a greater (probably better chance of getting better stats than r8) chance of getting good stats. I don't know if it would mess up gameplay somehow. I guess you'd have to be more specific on what gear stats could be + set bonuses, etc.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Meh. I'd say if there was new gear added, which was in the middle of dragon and r8, it would be also priced likewise. I doubt dragon gear would get cheaper. They'd probably increase r8 gear prices (maybe with mats required).

Also, wouldn't it be like having basically the same stats as r8? Except the fact that you've got cheaper gear which has a greater (probably better chance of getting better stats than r8) chance of getting good stats. I don't know if it would mess up gameplay somehow. I guess you'd have to be more specific on what gear stats could be + set bonuses, etc.

Thing is even the set bonuses have to be worse than r8r.  Considering that it's a gear based on luck, giving the set worse bonuses than r8r is just gonna be a waste of ec, and it'll be better to just to go the whole hog anyways.

And folks are already complaining about balance, so...yeah.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
What thread is this? xD

Was simply giving evidence that not everyone has good enough luck to get random chance to smile on them.

Zephyr

Thing is even the set bonuses have to be worse than r8r.  Considering that it's a gear based on luck, giving the set worse bonuses than r8r is just gonna be a waste of ec, and it'll be better to just to go the whole hog anyways.

And folks are already complaining about balance, so...yeah.

Yeah, my point being (or leading up to rather) that it's more trouble than it's worth. Well, yes it is based on luck, but even then I would guess the mats to reshape the gear would be cheaper.