Epic Perfect World

Alternative to r8?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
10k over time, yes. But, imo anyway, having R8R with poor stats and its set bonuses would still usually outweigh dragon and are still usable. So the difference would in fact still be from 600ec of dragon to the approximate 1.6kec of R8R, unless your stats are outrageously bad, like full mag on a barb.
And it really doesn't make much sense in wasting EC on a lower gear, when you should be saving it for the higher level gear and other more important things rather than making another farming stop in the middle. 

And I mean, people were talking about adding in another set of rerollable gear, so again, why would you waste 1-2kec (or w.e) on a new set of gear and go back to 0, when for a bit more, you could have a basic set of R8R? All this would do is make it longer to farm your R8, which will always be needed and possibly better, even with poor stats.

Idk, I just don't see the logic in creating another set to farm .-.
You already have dragon and R8R as 'endgear'. Adding another option just seems unnecessary. I'd rather be saving my EC for rerolls, ws belts, tomes, necks etc, as I think dragon and (even poorly rolled) R8 is sufficient. It is really not hard to farm it, I have it on 4 characters and it really didn't take long (nor a huge amount of ec) to get decent stats to be able to PK with. Anything after that, I consider a bonus.

While I don't agree, I still understand your point. Good luck with the suggestion ^_^

Can't believe I just read that wall 10 mins after waking up, but I agree wholeheartedly.

Sure dragon is cheaper, but I found it more cost efficient to skip it and spend the little extra because r8r is the absolute endgame gear.  So knock out the middle man and just get r8r, especially if you were planning to anyways.

Let's assume that a new tier of dragon was released.  It'd have to cost more than 600 ec's.  You'd have to get the base gear, then to change it to, say ascended gear, that means farming.  I don't mind pve, but others may not want to see another pve instance.  Even I get tired of it since I have 9 chars doing almost the same stuff ad nauseum.  Then rerolls if your gear turns out bad.  People have spent thousands of ec's to still get eh stats on r8r.  The last thing anyone wants to do is spend thousands of ec's to still get eh stats on an eh set of gear.  Sure you can resell it once you can afford r8r, but depending on the stats, good luck.

Furthermore, it would piss off the masses and possibly cause imbalance because I'm not quite sure how you can make the rolls worse than what you can get on r8r.  No -int maybe but that would make it a bad set for aps builds.

So yeah, let's keep things as is.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
Gear is good as is. Dragon with its set stats is good stuff.  You now have options to do a sort of upgrade with the addition of ascended capes rings, belts, and neckies. (choices of belts and necks are nice as well) One area we could perhaps work on is Helms,  our choices there are limited.  And seriously, R8 is not a big deal to get  or get decent stats on, and if stats stink then pop on a few pieces of dragon untill you get a roll that is what you desire Plus the new Spirit of the Forges NPC at least lets us see if the roll will be any better or worse than what we currently have . I think Agatio has done a great job here with gear over all and I still prefer EPW to any other server free or official I have ever played.  :tiger-42:
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Can't believe I just read that wall 10 mins after waking up, but I agree wholeheartedly.

Sowwi, once I get started, things escalate quickly .-.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Sowwi, once I get started, things escalate quickly .-.

It's okay, I replied with my own wall. LOL

Stay Classy.

Offline ღApolloღ

• RetiredPlayer
  • If You wanna Get To Know me Ask ^.^
  • Characters: Tatsume
  • Faction: RockStar
Lol So many Complains Over gear rofl Gears are Gears Be More Greatfull they are here then complain about which gear is OP and which is not

:normal-20:

Tatsume Lv150 Sage Seeker
KingElwrick Lv150Sage Sin

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
The last thing anyone wants to do is spend thousands of ec's to still get eh stats on an eh set of gear. 

Let's just get the new ascended helm, and call it a day on gear? :monkey-9:

Gear is fine as-is.

Agreed. R8R is fine for the gear after Dragon. I used my veno in Dragon for quite some time after getting R8R because of the channeling loss and I did fine against R8 classes. Dragon gears are fine as is and they're fine as the alternative to R8. This set just seems to me like a lazy person's set, something you don't have to work too hard to obtain and you wont do too bad with it in PK.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
I get the point i guess, the gap between dragon and r8 is huge, and i agree, but i dont agree with the solution presented here, if anything just give some sort of boost to the current dragon gear (not telling you to make an ascended version or some crap, just revamp it)

Offline Beloved ♥

• Fab ♥
  • 08.03.13 ♥
  • Characters: Beloved, Euphoric
  • Faction: Fab's bed
Read this and grow up
 Don't play anymore. Won't play anymore. Bye.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
I get the point i guess, the gap between dragon and r8 is huge, and i agree, but i dont agree with the solution presented here, if anything just give some sort of boost to the current dragon gear (not telling you to make an ascended version or some crap, just revamp it)

I see what you mean, but how many people actually stay with dragon permanently?  Not in terms of aps builds where a sin might put on a dragon top for int.  Unless they don't plan to PVP ever, not many stay with full dragon.  So even revamping it would be a waste since folks usually will go for r8r in the end.  And some just skip it altogether.

Stay Classy.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
And some just skip it altogether.

Touché ma'am.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Here's a suggestion. Make gear that gives +1000atk lvl and -3000% channeling/50aps. Make it full auto so you don't even have to press on skills or auto attack button. The gear should have its own A.I. and decide when to attack enemies and how to do it.

Angelica

Here's a suggestion. Make gear that gives +1000atk lvl and -3000% channeling/50aps. Make it full auto so you don't even have to press on skills or auto attack button. The gear should have its own A.I. and decide when to attack enemies and how to do it.
Please keep the thread clean and don't write nonsense posts.

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick

50aps hits slower and -3000% channeling casts slower. Nice.
when InTake gets ct buff

Panda_monium

This. It could also work instead of making new gear altogether.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
We could just give people dual
wield weapons for faster farming
I'm basically 40