Epic Perfect World

Improvements to EC system

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
(since i cant login, i got question, now was increased the prices with last patch? and if yes then demonic tokens too?)

No, I meant the patch when ec's were made tradeable.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Ok GMs removed nothing.

It was a thing that ALOT of people abused.

When I started (but before EC was tradeable) I used it to gain afew demonic peices/faction base. I am glad to admit it because, first I didn't do it at a point where it overly harmed the community, and second I stopped once I had what I needed.

None the less it still was something abused. There is not really a shortage in EC, sure 30 EC a day per caster/20 EC a day per non-caster wont be put into the economy, but there is still blue and purple quests, increased rates on EC mobs, rancor mobs, etc.

do u dude farm anything to know the rancor drop rate?

I usually go to the rancor on an alt for myself or on my seeker to help my fac, the boss drops about 30 over the 30 mins, the mobs drop about 1 in 20. Atleast 100 ec is dropped per rancor, there are about 10 rancors a day, thats 1000 ec easily.
I farm everything, and I know rough droprates and they rarely are wrong, I spend most my time when i'm not dealing with faction leader stuff, helping the lower levels in my faction, so I know most of the low level item droprates. I have written alot of the guides on the higher level things too so i'd like to think I know what i'm talking about.
EC mobs have a low drop rate its true, but its still a high enough droprate. You can make 200 EC a day effortlessly, I dont see why people expect more. EC mobs drop about the same as rancor mobs, I normally get 1 or 2 in a pull. It is all based on chance, and if someone is unfortunate not to get any for roughly 5 mins they give up and complain about it.
GV gives ALOT of EC. Trioing a GV for example, and getting to the end, is 100 EC per person easily. People just have misconceptions as to how hard GV is.
PV gives farmable EC to sins, who have a harder time farming EC at rancors/EC mobs than other classes. It gives a decent amount of EC. (Given that EC is ment to be something to work for).
BH gives 10 EC in the time it takes to get about 30 EC in anything else. So I really dont see why people complain about it, the kicker of BH is the divine order, xp and cash more than the talismans. Agatio could replace the talismans with 10 EC, then the only people who would complain are those who abuse it endlessly.
Cube is good for sins too, you stealth through most of the rooms, if your lucky your run takes you 10 mins tops. If your unlucky you can take 30 mins. It is an easy 15 ec + Kill for Thrill rooms.
Daily events also give good EC, if you win or not.

Offline CENT

I'm sorry Nexy I must disagree with you on this for probably the first time ever  ;) rancor is a pain to get over 10 ec unless you KS everyone around you and pull giant groups. My average on a rancor is 10 ec mostly do them for xp. Unless you are on non stop 24-7 you might get 2 rancor a day as an average player. Gv not hard? Maybe easy for you as a 150 dragon seeker but the average person will not be able to get a good enough squad to finish. Bh i do every day and as far as blue and purple quest go good luck havent had one in a week. Most people that have abused the talisman don't even need it anymore they got the ec already, such as yourself, and now ec is easy to come by.  The average player is and will have trouble getting ec. Those that did not abuse the talisman and actually relied upon it are being punished those that abused it really dont care because they got what they needed and don't need to worry now.  Of course I will get the stop QQing for saying this but I'm speaking for those low levels or newbies or those such as myself that play one toon and have done nothing wrong.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
What I ment was a 1000 ec influx into the economy, not a 1000 per person.

I understand GV is difficult, which is why I make sure when anyone of a level which they wont be able to find a squad in my faction needs it I make a time to do it (within reason, I can't spend 24/7 in gv). Still a 6 man squad nets you 50 ec each on average. Along with 40m cash.

Ive had 3 blue, 1 purple in 1 day and followed by a 2 week white streak, it is luck but thats why its a kicker.

People such as myself who make ec so easily should be out there helping the people who can't make it nearly as easily, as I try to do with rancors and gvs. It punished to ones who did nothing wrong true, but it means that the wrong do-ers wont get infinately richer than the right do-ers.

Dth im not going to give you the 'stop QQing' because the fact is you arent, they ARE legitimate points, and its good that you can come up with them for a point of discussion.

If agatio adds in 10 extra ec instead of vana talismans for bh, then people cant complain, casters can do caster vana once per day, and everyone still gets thier 20 extra EC. Also sell the talismans at the shrooms if people complain about only 1 caster per day.

If anyone needs help with gv or anything to get ec then go ahead, pm me ingame :) I wont give you free ec, so dont ask, and if I don't have time I don't have time, that being said if your lucky to get me when i'm free i'll happily help with PV/GV/FC/Rancor/Vana/Warsong or whatever!

Offline CENT

Nexy you know I'm not saying anything bad about you personally you are one of the best helpers I've met on this server and are the reason I try to help others as well. I just see this as punishing the majority and really doing nothing to those that caused the problem to begin with. Take care nex  :D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Nexy you know I'm not saying anything bad about you personally you are one of the best helpers I've met on this server and are the reason I try to help others as well. I just see this as punishing the majority and really doing nothing to those that caused the problem to begin with. Take care nex  :D

I know, I was putting it out there for everyone :)

I wont lie, I did it for 3 days when I started with 23 characters (Ban me for it if you have to, but I bet ALOT of other people did it too, atleast half the server), and I think its safe to say that over half the server tried it once. I had alot of faction members pm me asking if it was ok to do it for thier first pieces of demonic, I was guilty of telling that its alright, just dont abuse it too much. So If that ruined it for everyone I do appologise, but were we ever given an official yes or no? (If we were I had no clue, and once again, sorry).

I also bet if people were being honest that this would be followed by people confessing that they have done it too, even if once. Out of interest how many people have done this?
Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:14 am by Nexy

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
I am glad that you level 150 dragon players feel that there is plenty of EC to be gotten now and that Nirvana Talismans will not be missed. If I did not know better, I would have inferred that this was because you all already have all that you need and are not interested in having other players get what they need. However, now I know it is because you guys feel that opportunities are many, including GV which Pacific says you would get all 250 EC from and which Nexy says it is easy to trio, EC mobs which Nexy says droprate is 'high enough' and Rancor where you get '100 EC average' according to Nexy. I am sure all this information is right and that my previous knowledge was extremely wrong. Nexy, I am glad for you that you feel that there is more than enough EC to be gained, even after gaining your demonic gear and faction bases through means that 'did no overly harm the community'. I am sure that removing 30 EC a day doesn't really harm us much, since you already got what you needed from doing it anyways.

Yes, now on to World Boss, spawning once a day and giving let's assume TEN Chrono Pages (even though Pammy said she did not get a single one so I think the number is likely to be closer to 1). So that's...10 Pages a day. Not bad! It's enough to get ONE person HALF a level 100 skill every DAY! Who cares about the others? He gets HALF A SKILLBOOK! And has to spend a lot of time waiting for boss too. And that's once again assuming its 10 Chrono Pages a boss.

Nonetheless, I thank you all for your opinions and hope the GMs can confer among themselves and decide upon a course of action.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
I am glad that you level 150 dragon players feel that there is plenty of EC to be gotten now and that Nirvana Talismans will not be missed. If I did not know better, I would have inferred that this was because you all already have all that you need and are not interested in having other players get what they need. However, now I know it is because you guys feel that opportunities are many, including GV which Pacific says you would get all 250 EC from and which Nexy says it is easy to trio, EC mobs which Nexy says droprate is 'high enough' and Rancor where you get '100 EC average' according to Nexy. I am sure all this information is right and that my previous knowledge was extremely wrong. Nexy, I am glad for you that you feel that there is more than enough EC to be gained, even after gaining your demonic gear and faction bases through means that 'did no overly harm the community'. I am sure that removing 30 EC a day doesn't really harm us much, since you already got what you needed from doing it anyways.

Yes, now on to World Boss, spawning once a day and giving let's assume TEN Chrono Pages (even though Pammy said she did not get a single one so I think the number is likely to be closer to 1). So that's...10 Pages a day. Not bad! It's enough to get ONE person HALF a level 100 skill every DAY! Who cares about the others? He gets HALF A SKILLBOOK! And has to spend a lot of time waiting for boss too. And that's once again assuming its 10 Chrono Pages a boss.

Nonetheless, I thank you all for your opinions and hope the GMs can confer among themselves and decide upon a course of action.

+1

about Chrono Pages: maybe after descent, a instance like pv (without that much exp but long cave with alot mob and at end a boss) could be a solution, where the boss can drop Chrono Page (let say 10% chance for frop 1 or whatever)
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy

Ok first of all... you are taking what I said out of proportion, 100 ec influx into the economy not per person.
I am glad you think I take joy in it being removed? I thing its good they removed something abused, Ive also more than repaid what ive farmed. Ask pacific, so far ive given him 16 free warsong crystals, I also give free stuff away on worldchat every now and then. I give free stuff to the newer members in my faction to get them kickstarted into the game. When I GV the squads are full of people who would never find a squad. My last gv had a 122 cleric and 123 wizzy couple who needed thier celestial cultivation done. What I did was wrong, and i've more than payed for it, I am aware that things arent handed to you on a silver platter, well for some people they are, but this server is about working for it. Sure you could go and find someone who will give you free stuff and not work for it, but the fact is its easier, especially with tradeable EC to get what you need.
Removing 30 ec a day and adding in so many other ways to get ec, boosting ec droprates. Plus we all still need ec, well I do, and the current rate you get them now is insane.

World boss drops are random, average probably 1 per drop. 100 skills are ment to be rare, so why are you complaining that they arent handed to you? World Bosses arent supposed to be a mob you can continuously farm, they are a boss that your lucky to come across and kill.

GMs dont decide on the course of action, the dev does, so asking GMs to change things gets nowhere.

On the note of the instance for chrono pages, they are rare items, if you want them badly farm ec.

This server is great because you arent handed things on a silver platter, there is a challenge in getting things. Try leveling to 150 without PV, farming for gear each level, by the time you are in nirvana gear, you can do gvs to level to 150, and the cumulative coin and ec from the gvs adds up to buy you your demonic, and then you farm warsong for your crystals.

Yea I did the farming for a total of 690 ec, and you can argue that that is unfair, but given a base is around 500 ec, all it got me extra was 19/20ths of a piece of demonic armor, I worked in gv for the rest.

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
I'm glad you think you've made up for it. Doesn't this mean they shouldn't remove it? After all, people can just 'make up for it'. I'm also glad you feel you did not benefit much. Just 600+ EC? Glad to see you have so much self restraint. And the faction base doesn't count as a gain does it? Only the demonic? Should have told me earlier. I'll have abused it, gotten my dragons with it, and then 'made up for it'. Since the EC is easier to farm after I get my dragons anyway. And it doesn't 'overly harm the community'! I see you've forgiven yourself easily Nexy, and are now campaigning against other people getting what they need.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
1 side i understand the nolifers take too much advantage, another side who played just few hour/day will be hurted more, coz some people just do few bh/day and not time for gv or other thing (for me needed weeks the demonic set only for 1 character and still not complet set also i just aimed for bh's so no leveling/events/etc)

another side for me more annoying the world boss things than this ec, coz maybe i am the 2nd who never met with world boss (exclude 1 mini in oht map2 what drop potions and not chrono pages - but that also that only 1x since i play)
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline vaine123

Those that abused it ruined it for the new players and is screwed up. They fain innocence that they didn't know, or they didn't receive a yes or no. Come on, wake the hell up do you really need you hand held through out the game?  Nexy sorry but I find the whole "I've made up for it" a complete load of utter bullshit. Starting with 23 characters, you knew what the hell you were doing when you made them, so don't try to say you didn't know.  Then again these new age gamer-wannabes know nothing about working for anything, they just want it handed to them, and if it's not they find ways to get everything easiest as possible.

I do agree it should have been removed, it will weed out those that can't handle a game where they aren't handed everything.
Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap....this guy.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I'm glad you think you've made up for it. Doesn't this mean they shouldn't remove it? After all, people can just 'make up for it'. I'm also glad you feel you did not benefit much. Just 600+ EC? Glad to see you have so much self restraint. And the faction base doesn't count as a gain does it? Only the demonic? Should have told me earlier. I'll have abused it, gotten my dragons with it, and then 'made up for it'. Since the EC is easier to farm after I get my dragons anyway. And it doesn't 'overly harm the community'! I see you've forgiven yourself easily Nexy, and are now campaigning against other people getting what they need.

A) A base has cost me over 1 billion coins, it benefits my faction, its yet to really benefit me.

B) You still cant buy dragon with ec...

C) With epic coin untradeable I did nothing that harmed the economy, I wasnt robbing anyone in an overpriced shop of afew billion coins.

D) Ask anyone who knows me, they will agree that I help ALOT, and have given people alot more than a fac base and piece of demonic worth of ec.

Those that abused it ruined it for the new players and is screwed up. They fain innocence that they didn't know, or they didn't receive a yes or no. Come on, wake the hell up do you really need you hand held through out the game?  Nexy sorry but I find the whole "I've made up for it" a complete load of utter bullshit. Starting with 23 characters, you knew what the hell you were doing when you made them, so don't try to say you didn't know.  Then again these new age gamer-wannabes know nothing about working for anything, they just want it handed to them, and if it's not they find ways to get everything easiest as possible.

I do agree it should have been removed, it will weed out those that can't handle a game where they aren't handed everything.

When did I say I didnt know, I knew what I was doing, I was not waiting two weeks to get something I could in three days. I never intended to ruin it for the new players, I was a new player and a GM told me that everyone did it so there really was nothing overly bad wtih it. And I'm sorry if you find it bullshit, but when a new player needs a guide for something, you can spend the time writing it.
Trust me I know about working for things, but sometimes you dont have the time to be doing it, and when the temptation is there, it is there.

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
The system is perfectly fine, there's so many ways to get EC's. A hell lot easier than few months back, so people, just work your asses for it. Nothing comes easy in life, learn to work hard for what you want, it's far more rewarding. There's nothing more this topic can bring to the table, a descision was taken and you should respect it since it's for the better of the server. Thank you.

Topic closed.
Please, read the general forum & game rules here.
If you have any problem, feel free to PM me.

-Retired-