Epic Perfect World

Farming...

Offline Maiar

Alright so... after having farmed gear for a few toons, I got to thinking... "What would make this mind-numbing, monotonous venture, a little more bearable?"

I don't mind farming the primal sets, as it requires doing FCC, which I enjoy. As well as Vana gear because, Vana runs are also joyful.

Farming the holy set (120) isn't, by any means, a difficult (or long) process... and the arena set (130) is just... a pain in the ass with everything in the desert being a ranged mob... Nether of these two sets are "fun" to farm.

Why not take the same idea from farming Primal, and do it for Arena and Holy as well? After all, there are many instances that are no longer needed, so they're just sitting there, being ignored and forgotten.

Not only would it make farming the early sets a little more bearable, but it could even get new players out there and communicating with one another like a healthy gaming community, since they'd need a squad to do so.

Feedback?

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I like this, but at the same time I dont.

It is a good idea, instances for the gear, but it would mean that PV is your only real leveling option for 110-130, because noone will advise low levels to go to Scarred. Also which Instances?

I know this isnt overly relevant but maybe a mat exchange, say 1 canny = 5 stone or tear and 1 rap = 8 sand or leaf. That would mean 2 raps/cannies for 1 pieces of 120/130 gear. (Raps for 130 as they are slightly less common). This would mean that, as the OP said, you dont have to go through the monotonous process of farming for each character, and you get to vana, which is more fun, for your alts gears. 2 vanas would be a full set of gear. Just a thought!

Anyway, this is a good idea for ALTS of characters who have done it, but the grinding for gear is good for first timers as they get used to thier character and the servers. The chrono maps are also useful to know how to use so its a good place to throw them  :P

I would support this idea if it were implemented but I would rather some form of mat exchange from higher instances to lower level mats.

Offline Maiar

Any instance really, the instances could also double as leveling options.

In regards to using the chrono maps... I never considered that. I'm pretty sure other things could be done with them. (All of a sudden my smallish idea is seeming larger to me...)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Yep, change one thing like a starter area and its like dominos!!!

I'm still for keeping them the same, but I do like the have instances to gain mats idea.

It would help alot with gearing up alts.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
we might be able to make such instances, to farm the gears. like it was mentioned, the most part of the instances r getting dust.

we had alrdy thought on something for 1 of those instances hehe
lets see how it goes then we will decide if its worth the changes.

Offline Maiar

Not only for the farming, but I was considering the whole, getting used to the community via teaming up aspect of it as well. I think it'd be beneficial.

Offline Delirium

I think such instances like GV would be brill for farming gear, requires teamwork and such, much better than soloing everything and every class has its part.

Not saying use GV but GV styled. :p

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I think such instances like GV would be brill for farming gear, requires teamwork and such, much better than soloing everything and every class has its part.

Endless universe except an ARMY of flying chickens walking along the ground attacking you as you try to defend the two npcs (the ones you get the quests/rewards from, like the +slayer gear) from thier impending chickeny doom!

The final boss is mega pig who hits 100k on whoever doesnt like bacon! (Glares at Morto)

Offline Delirium

Endless universe except an ARMY of flying chickens walking along the ground attacking you as you try to defend the two npcs (the ones you get the quests/rewards from, like the +slayer gear) from thier impending chickeny doom!

The final boss is mega pig who hits 100k on whoever doesnt like bacon! (Glares at Morto)

Absolutly random, I love it! xD
But that instance could be used, and would be rather awesome. :o

Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy

Absolutly random, I love it! xD
But that instance could be used, and would be rather awesome. :o

Lets push agatio to make it, it'd be like GV but you can get attacked from 3 sides!

Also randomly one person is teleported every min to that island the bosses banish you to, and you have to kill 5 owls to get ported back, just to keep you from afking!

Offline Delirium

That would be very interesting if you could do it however I am seeing a flaw, what if your cleric in BB gets "banished" could ruin the whole thing, also enough mats would have to be dropped for 10 people. (It is a 10 man instance right?)

Mhm. x'D

Offline Destroft

actually my take on this would be to beef up the pv a little and make it so the doors will dissapear if done in the time limit and all the bosses will drop mats for the gear at your lvl only it wont be one mat at a time kinda more like the fc bosses and then either add more different mats to the gear thats needed or make it soo you have rare mats needed/ mor mats needed for the gear in general (only not to much if it lvls you out of the range it might mess you up with your gear)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
That would be very interesting if you could do it however I am seeing a flaw, what if your cleric in BB gets "banished" could ruin the whole thing, also enough mats would have to be dropped for 10 people. (It is a 10 man instance right?)
Yea its the 10 man instance.
The cleric in the bb gets banished you just hope you were smart enough to bring some seekers.  :P
If the chickens are the same level as GV mobs then you dont actually need a cleric...
But then the boss waves you will need to eat your way through mega pig or he will 1 shot you. So you will need 10 bacon lovers.

Offline Delirium

Yea its the 10 man instance.
The cleric in the bb gets banished you just hope you were smart enough to bring some seekers.  :P
If the chickens are the same level as GV mobs then you dont actually need a cleric...
But then the boss waves you will need to eat your way through mega pig or he will 1 shot you. So you will need 10 bacon lovers.

Awesome.
But if the seekers die? :o
Nahh, we'd want a challange so make it harder so the instance is at least a 140+, up the level cap to 155 and make it the new grade of armour >:] The armour must be called something like "Dread plate of the chicken" (HA armour top as an example) and the weapons must be called "Sword of the bacon" (Long sword for an example).

That boss could be like the arma boss from TT (TT 3-3 I think) but his arma is a lot faster and more randomised rather than every 3 mins, or mabe an AoE arma, stop people from bunching up. >:D
Evil planz, muwhahaha.

Mhm. x'D

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Awesome.
But if the seekers die? :o
Nahh, we'd want a challange so make it harder so the instance is at least a 140+, up the level cap to 155 and make it the new grade of armour >:] The armour must be called something like "Dread plate of the chicken" (HA armour top as an example) and the weapons must be called "Sword of the bacon" (Long sword for an example).

That boss could be like the arma boss from TT (TT 3-3 I think) but his arma is a lot faster and more randomised rather than every 3 mins, or mabe an AoE arma, stop people from bunching up. >:D
Evil planz, muwhahaha.

If the seekers die then they havent had thier daily bacon.
Psh keep the level cap 150, just have a bacon upgrade to dragon weapons, and a chicken upgrade to dragon armor. (It looks like it has feathers anyway).

Still say the teleporting the cleric away would be hilarious...

Also when EU does come out I'm just waiting on the 'QQ I fell through a bridge' threads  ;D