Epic Perfect World

Scam

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
Molly_ (Venomancer) just scammed me of 5 seals of war. I passed them to her to have her craft some items for me, telling her I'll pay for her supply tokens, and she logged off right after the trade. Is it possible to ban that account or IP? Even though I know she might have different accounts or a changing IP address, but it might help others to prevent them getting scammed. If you need anything else I can send screenshots and stuff, thanks!
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Molly_ (Venomancer) just scammed me of 5 seals of war. I passed them to her to have her craft some items for me, telling her I'll pay for her supply tokens, and she logged off right after the trade.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Molly_ (Venomancer) just scammed me of 5 seals of war. I passed them to her to have her craft some items for me, telling her I'll pay for her supply tokens, and she logged off right after the trade. Is it possible to ban that account or IP? Even though I know she might have different accounts or a changing IP address, but it might help others to prevent them getting scammed. If you need anything else I can send screenshots and stuff, thanks!
Why would you give her the items in the first place without receiving the items you wanted? If you were buying STs off her, tell her what you want and she crafts them and trades them for the seals. There are people like this that are not honorable, so always assume people are all like that unless they can prove otherwise, especially when trading with a stranger. I can only say send the screenshots of the agreement you made between you two to a GM. But you wont get your items back unfortunately.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I do hope the GMs will take action against people that do this kind of thing but I know they won't compensate items you lost.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
The first comment was SOOO useful and relevant and insightful that I would have bothered with a reply were I looking for a way to waste my time making post farmers happy. There.

Why would you give her the items in the first place without receiving the items you wanted? If you were buying STs off her, tell her what you want and she crafts them and trades them for the seals. There are people like this that are not honorable, so always assume people are all like that unless they can prove otherwise, especially when trading with a stranger. I can only say send the screenshots of the agreement you made between you two to a GM. But you wont get your items back unfortunately.

I was paying 600 ecs for 300 tokens, the seals were to come out of my own pocket so she could craft it. Good advice, not applicable unfortunately. Yes, I know. I am not trying to get the items back...no where in my post did I say that. I'm just asking for an IP ban so hopefully that particular scammer won't bother anyone else. Thanks for reading and clarifying though.

I do hope the GMs will take action against people that do this kind of thing but I know they won't compensate items you lost.

Thanks! I hope so too! Nah not looking for compensation, that won't happen. Not even sure the ban would happen, usually these matters are too 'minor' to be looked into.
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2013, 01:16 am by Lucky
LolCrits Sage Assassin
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
Im sorry to hear that someone has done this but it's just common sense not to trust anyone with stuff like that. It's sad but you can't trust anyone here, even 'friends' sometimes.
Basically:
- Dont give anyone anything without receiving what you want at the same time. Double check your trades before confirming. SS if you feel something is wrong.
- Never give account info or other personal information away EVER

You wouldn't give $50 to a complete stranger in the hope that they will buy you what you want from a store, it's the same principle.

Unfortunately, with actual proof of both the agreed arrangement between the two of you and proof of the actual trade, then very little can be done here nor your items returned. I do hope that karma will bite them in the booty though.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
That is different, but thank you. I place very little importance towards my ingame currency, which is why I was ready to take the risk and make the trade. I'm just hoping he doesn't get to do anyone else harm, I don't need the items back.
LolCrits Sage Assassin
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Offline Consist

• Old Player
I have a friend that I trust my life with, if you haven't been friends with someone for over 5+ years, then you probably shouldn't give them any of your account details!

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Sorry I misunderstood what you were trying to buy. Send the SS's to a GM if they say that she agreed to crafting an item for you. Hopefully a punishment can be dished out.

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
It's not your fault at all, I didn't clarify it in the main post :/ Sent them already :) Just waiting for something magical to happen (Is banhammer magical? O.o)
LolCrits Sage Assassin
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Im sorry to hear that someone has done this but it's just common sense not to trust anyone with stuff like that. It's sad but you can't trust anyone here, even 'friends' sometimes.
Basically:
- Dont give anyone anything without receiving what you want at the same time. Double check your trades before confirming. SS if you feel something is wrong.

You wouldn't give $50 to a complete stranger in the hope that they will buy you what you want from a store, it's the same principle.

Unfortunately, with actual proof of both the agreed arrangement between the two of you and proof of the actual trade, then very little can be done here nor your items returned. I do hope that karma will bite them in the booty though.
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Basically:

WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Beloved ♥

• Fab ♥
  • 08.03.13 ♥
  • Characters: Beloved, Euphoric
  • Faction: Fab's bed

Well, aren't you just the brightest light bulb in the box?
Read this and grow up
 Don't play anymore. Won't play anymore. Bye.