Epic Perfect World

A movie about a girl being cyberbullied.

Offline Rose

• Characters: SereneRose
Hey guys and girls,

So i was on youtube and i found this movie about a girl thats being cyberbullied.
It might not be the right place to post it, since its a gaming forum but this is the internet also and cyberbullying can happen here as well. Not trying to insult anyone but i just wanted to share this movie with you all and hope that i can make you aware of what things you say can do if they go out of control.

It´s a long movie, most of you won´t even take the time to watch it, but i am gonna share it with you anyways.

I hope these things will never happen to any of you because it can break someone down.

For those that allready are a victim of bullying (cyber or non cyber bullying) stay strong and if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always send me an inbox.

*hugs*
My YouTube Channel

If the people we love are stolen from us,
the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. 
Buildings burn, people die ...
but real love is forever.

DJBFF

Hey guys and girls,

So i was on youtube and i found this movie about a girl thats being cyberbullied.
It might not be the right place to post it, since its a gaming forum but this is the internet also and cyberbullying can happen here as well. Not trying to insult anyone but i just wanted to share this movie with you all and hope that i can make you aware of what things you say can do if they go out of control.

It´s a long movie, most of you won´t even take the time to watch it, but i am gonna share it with you anyways.

I hope these things will never happen to any of you because it can break someone down.

For those that allready are a victim of bullying (cyber or non cyber bullying) stay strong and if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always send me an inbox.

*hugs*
I have been cyber bullied by classmates. I just kicked their asses at school xD

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥

*hugs*

It happened right here on EPW forums.... bullying in any form, whether internet, RL or wherever is horrible.  So many kids take their own life, leave this world well before their time is up because of horrible, ignorant, self indulgent people.  I am watching this movie later on tonight, thank you for sharing Rosie

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Rose

I know hun and know that i try to be here for you as much as i can. I might not be the best to ask advices from or something but i am a great listener so if you feel bad, know that im here.

I must warn you, there's some pretty heavy stuff in the movie so make sure you have tissue's and someone near that can hold you. Tears are still rolling over my face and i deeply wish my bf was here right now.
My YouTube Channel

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I'm not trying to put down your point of view in any way. But I personally feel that "cyber bullying" is a load of crap. There are functions like block, and blacklist, for a reason. If you know that someone is targeting you, and your psyche is THAT fragile, that a screen name (who you know would probably never have the balls to say anything like he says online, in person) is capable of breaking you down, then you have the option of turning the computer off.

I was the target of regular bullying as a child. And I did something about it. I went to my best friend's father (who ran a gym the specialized in wrestling and boxing. Yes this was before the days of MMA) and asked him to teach me to fight. It took a while, and I still got my ass kicked a lot while I was learning. But when all was said and done I was able to fight back. And for those of you who say violence is never the answer, you are wrong. Sometimes the ONLY way to be sure you will never be a target ever again, is to insure that EVERYONE knows that you will NOT take it lying down. I'm not saying I won every fight I've ever been in, if I stop and count I'm fairly certain I've lost just about as many fights as I've won, but I ALWAYS went down swinging! And I have taught MY son the exact same things I learned as a child. And I am PROUD to say the only bully he has ever had a problem with, was the same bully he beat the crap out of.

Block the people who you cant physically fight against. Fight the one's you have to. Bullying is only an issue if you let yourself remain a target!

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

DJBFF

I'm not trying to put down your point of view in any way. But I personally feel that "cyber bullying" is a load of crap. There are functions like block, and blacklist, for a reason. If you know that someone is targeting you, and your psyche is THAT fragile, that a screen name (who you know would probably never have the balls to say anything like he says online, in person) is capable of breaking you down, then you have the option of turning the computer off.

I was the target of regular bullying as a child. And I did something about it. I went to my best friend's father (who ran a gym the specialized in wrestling and boxing. Yes this was before the days of MMA) and asked him to teach me to fight. It took a while, and I still got my ass kicked a lot while I was learning. But when all was said and done I was able to fight back. And for those of you who say violence is never the answer, you are wrong. Sometimes the ONLY way to be sure you will never be a target ever again, is to insure that EVERYONE knows that you will NOT take it lying down. I'm not saying I won every fight I've ever been in, if I stop and count I'm fairly certain I've lost just about as many fights as I've won, but I ALWAYS went down swinging! And I have taught MY son the exact same things I learned as a child. And I am PROUD to say the only bully he has ever had a problem with, was the same bully he beat the crap out of.

Block the people who you cant physically fight against. Fight the one's you have to. Bullying is only an issue if you let yourself remain a target!
I also used to be bullied, teachers did nothing about it, i was weak, i was 6, the kids were 10-16, they did horrible stuff to me. My parents couldn't do anything either, i had to live with it.....

I know hun and know that i try to be here for you as much as i can. I might not be the best to ask advices from or something but i am a great listener so if you feel bad, know that im here.

I must warn you, there's some pretty heavy stuff in the movie so make sure you have tissue's and someone near that can hold you. Tears are still rolling over my face and i deeply wish my bf was here right now.
then it's best for me not to watch it right now

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
I also used to be bullied, teachers did nothing about it, i was weak, i was 6, the kids were 10-16, they did horrible stuff to me. My parents couldn't do anything either, i had to live with it.....

If you were that young, and they were targeting you, clearly you lived in the wrong area, because anyone who grew up where I did, with any SHRED of self respect would have put the little pukes in the hospital! No one should get away with hurting children like that!

Offline Rose

You are right at most points, but like on this forum for example there isnt a way to block people. So should we just not be on the forums anymore because of those?

As a kid i've been bullied as well, my mom raised us (3 kids) on her own, there was no money to go to the gym or anything. You would be amazed how many kids really wanted to fight back but just couldn't. Also bullying in general (on the streets and on the internet) it really affects you and burns you out (as in take all of your energy because like you see in this movie the things that are said keep spinning in your head and there's just not a simple button to turn those off so you're just litterly too tired to actually fight).

I'm really happy to read that you did overcome bullying and maybe you can be a good inspiration for those that are in the situation that they are bullied. Also good that you're trying to protect your kids and make them able to protect themselfs.
My YouTube Channel

DJBFF

If you were that young, and they were targeting you, clearly you lived in the wrong area, because anyone who grew up where I did, with any SHRED of self respect would have put the little pukes in the hospital! No one should get away with hurting children like that!
i lived in a safe neighborhood. it wasn't where i lived. It was all at school....

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I too was a victim of bullying (of both kinds), and in the case of cyber bullying, it's not as easy as to block/blacklist, because some really stubborn bullies will find ways around it.  It gets really out of hand when they find personal info on said person. 

I won't watch this video for two reasons: the only way I could watch right now is through 3G and 3G sucks, and this has trigger warning written all over it. 

In the case of to bullying, despite all the stereotypes about black women and cutting a bitch, I'm actually a pacifist.  This isn't to say if a punch was swung I'm not gonna defend myself (I had to a few times).  But I'm not one to pick a fight.  My fighting is done with words, not fists.  What has gotten me through that is knowing that those bullies are now in jail for pissing off the wrong person.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Rose

All these people in this thread that say stuff like shut up or losers or whatever. If you try to drive me away.. I won't let you guys succeed. This is exactly what this movie is about. You are trying to make someone feel horrible. You won't succeed. I am above that.

I hope that one day you will open your eyes and realise that it's wrong and bad.
My YouTube Channel

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥

I totally agree with you .....there is a case here in England where two youngsters committed suicide because of internet bullying ....the girls father knew about it and DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!! Now that she took her own life, he wakes up and wants all sort of bans and whatever against the site.  If you know about it, if you are a victim ..........you have the choice to just turn your back and ignore (on the internet) , in RL, you fight back and if you cannot fight back, you make sure you TELL people about it, responsible people.

Look at this .....this was the VERY last time this guy was bullied, he FINALLY stood up for himself and I must say, I cheered and cried tears of happiness for this little guy because he was finally FREE!!

Last Edit: Aug 29, 2013, 05:02 pm by Evangelica♀, Reason: Added video

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Rose

I too was a victim of bullying (of both kinds), and in the case of cyber bullying, it's not as easy as to block/blacklist, because some really stubborn bullies will find ways around it.  It gets really out of hand when they find personal info on said person. 

I won't watch this video for two reasons: the only way I could watch right now is through 3G and 3G sucks, and this has trigger warning written all over it. 

In the case of to bullying, despite all the stereotypes about black women and cutting a bitch, I'm actually a pacifist.  This isn't to say if a punch was swung I'm not gonna defend myself (I had to a few times).  But I'm not one to pick a fight.  My fighting is done with words, not fists.  What has gotten me through that is knowing that those bullies are now in jail for pissing off the wrong person.

Awfull that you were a victim too. Good to see that those bullies are now punished for what they have done. I hope they learn from that and that they will never ever do things like that again.
My YouTube Channel

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
You are right at most points, but like on this forum for example there isnt a way to block people. So should we just not be on the forums anymore because of those?

As a kid i've been bullied as well, my mom raised us (3 kids) on her own, there was no money to go to the gym or anything. You would be amazed how many kids really wanted to fight back but just couldn't. Also bullying in general (on the streets and on the internet) it really affects you and burns you out (as in take all of your energy because like you see in this movie the things that are said keep spinning in your head and there's just not a simple button to turn those off so you're just litterly too tired to actually fight).

I'm really happy to read that you did overcome bullying and maybe you can be a good inspiration for those that are in the situation that they are bullied. Also good that you're trying to protect your kids and make them able to protect themselfs.

I didnt pay for a gym membership. My mom was a drug addict, and an alcoholic. We didnt HAVE money. My friend's dad just taught me what I needed to know.

As far as these forums go, no. You shouldnt have to not use them. However, ignoring the people who show the total lack of regard for others that some of "esteemed" community are known to exhibit, and not fuel their desperate need for attention of any sort, will eventually show them they have no power over you. It IS a computer, and if they persist, you can always simply walk away for a while, cool off, and enjoy other pursuits while they fruitlessly waste their energy trying to provoke an emotional response.

And I am hardly an inspiration. All I did was learn how to defend myself. It doesnt take much. And if you teach your children to do the same, then they will more than likely have a better time of it overall simply because the knowledge that they CAN handle a situation if it arises, will be a boost their security, and self esteem as well.

DJBFF

I didnt pay for a gym membership. My mom was a drug addict, and an alcoholic. We didnt HAVE money. My friend's dad just taught me what I needed to know.

As far as these forums go, no. You shouldnt have to not use them. However, ignoring the people who show the total lack of regard for others that some of "esteemed" community are known to exhibit, and not fuel their desperate need for attention of any sort, will eventually show them they have no power over you. It IS a computer, and if they persist, you can always simply walk away for a while, cool off, and enjoy other pursuits while they fruitlessly waste their energy trying to provoke an emotional response.

And I am hardly an inspiration. All I did was learn how to defend myself. It doesnt take much. And if you teach your children to do the same, then they will more than likely have a better time of it overall simply because the knowledge that they CAN handle a situation if it arises , will be a boost their security, and self esteem as well.