Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would adding an afk kicking system help in NW?

Yes, it would.
15 (44.1%)
No, it wouldn't.
10 (29.4%)
It would be a good idea but with some changes to your original idea.
7 (20.6%)
Other(Please post what you have in mind if you pick other)
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Afks In NW

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I've seen people say afk players are the problem in NW so I thought of something that might help. If possible, put in a kicking system. If an alt is afk for 10 minutes they get kicked out of NW. Constructive advice to improve this suggestion is appreciated but please keep hate and off-topic arguments out of this thread, thank you.  :-\

EDIT: What I have in mind might have to be added by the people at PWI. Feone suggested there should be some GMs online during NW and the players report afk alts to them.
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013, 10:04 pm by TheFelineLife
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
How to define afk? Because its pretty easy to move a few steps or to walk for a short bit every few mins.

From what I see an increasing group of players puts an alt in NW while playing another char. The alt will be effectively afk but still gets moved occasionally to gather up extra credit while the main is walking or waiting etc.

I'm also not entirely sure if this is even possible.

I like the idea but I don't think it will be done.

As I posted in another topic, it would probably be easier to have at least 2 gm's on duty during NW and rely on players reporting afkers to TP in, check the person & deal with them accordingly.

edit- I've tried to report several obvious afkers in NW myself but somehow there never seems to be a GM willing to do anything about it.
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2013, 10:01 pm by Feone

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
This is something PWI would have to do.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
How to define afk? Because its pretty easy to move a few steps or to walk for a short bit every few mins.

From what I see an increasing group of players puts an alt in NW while playing another char. The alt will be effectively afk but still gets moved occasionally to gather up extra credit while the main is walking or waiting etc.

I'm also not entirely sure if this is even possible.

I like the idea but I don't think it will be done.

As I posted in another topic, it would probably be easier to have at least 2 gm's on duty during NW and rely on players reporting afkers to TP in, check the person & deal with them accordingly.

I do like the idea of players reporting afk toons to the GMs, I'll add it to my original post. ^^
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
No. Why? Cuz ppl go to toilent. -.- And might go get something to drink/eat during nw which would take a few mins...

Offline Mx11y

• Old Player
No. Why? Cuz ppl go to toilent. -.- And might go get something to drink/eat during nw which would take a few mins...

Oh, I been to toilent once.. Very fun place!! c:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Perhaps GM's could do a check on their overall contribution (if that's doable). That will separate the real afker from the person just getting up for a minute.

Or run an IP check for other characters online from the same address if they find one afk.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Perhaps GM's could do a check on their overall contribution (if that's doable). That will separate the real afker from the person just getting up for a minute.

Or run an IP check for other characters online from the same address if they find one afk.
Yes on the IP check no on first cuz they'd have to check a lot of ppl D:
 :'( I always ran out if pepsi/water in the middle of nw or tw.

Offline Watain

I have no idea how this should be enforced, but I agree. I had to go afk 10 minutes today and during that 1 battle where I did absolutely nothing but stand around, I got almost 5 times the points I got in a battle where I got the flag to the base safe twice despite plenty of foes.

I in general think that if it is possible, the distribution of contribution should be changed somewhere to it actually making sense to squad up and do what you're supposed to, namely getting the flag. Atm, I can just stand around and tank and I get more points alone than in a (good) squad, even if in 3rd or 4th ranked nation.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

I like this idea overall, only problem would be, say, 2 brothers playing with the same IP and one of them had to go afk.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Yes on the IP check no on first cuz they'd have to check a lot of ppl D:
 :'( I always ran out if pepsi/water in the middle of nw or tw.

Gives them something to do other than standing around & making empty mute threads at worldchat trashtalk.

They also wouldn't have to catch all of them, if they just catch enough of them with a severe enough punishment that afking is no longer worth the risk then the problem is solved.

I like this idea overall, only problem would be, say, 2 brothers playing with the same IP and one of them had to go afk.

Then one of them could yell at the one doing it irl if he does it enough times to actually get a punishment on it. It's also pretty easy to spot 2 characters being actively played at the same time.  (If that IP check is done to find them.) 

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
There's a small problem: that punishes legit players for needing to afk for legit reasons.  I'd be quite pissed if I came back after 10 mins due to family.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
This is why I suggested it be an actual GM doing it. They can judge much easier if it falls under the not-allowed part or if it's a legit player afking for a very short time.

Checking at two different points in time in the NW could fix the problem you mentioned, or checking gear since a lot of these afkers have only half a set equipped.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
There's a small problem: that punishes legit players for needing to afk for legit reasons.  I'd be quite pissed if I came back after 10 mins due to family.
This. I think that if it could be done, a more reasonable period of time could be implemented, 10minutes is a bit too short. The easiest solution for this would be for people to actually report AFKers to GMs and having the rules enforced.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Oh, I been to toilent once.. Very fun place!! c:
What's it like? ;o i cant afford a trip there.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF