Epic Perfect World

Linux Ubuntu install guide for EPW

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
looks to me it should be up and running now what version of wine are you running?

Offline Saffran

That's what i thought too but yet nothing happening  :sad:  :-[

Gonna try restart pc again.

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
what version of wine are you running xD

Offline Saffran

aha! 1.1r2 and it should be 1.6 right.. let's see if i can fix that...

Offline alphatwo

there is your problem LOL i'll be hanging around lil longer in case you run into problems xD
Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:31 pm by alphatwo

Offline Saffran

there is your problem LOL i'll be hanging around lil longer in case you run into problems xD

I deïnstalled it all, reïnstalled it the way described but yet nothing  :-[

Offline alphatwo

i'll take a look at it through teamviewer 9

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Wine is in 1.7.2 right now, how do you have such an old release? o.o

Did you install via the Software Centre?

Offline Saffran

Got it working last night!!!! And yeah i tried the last attempt with the wine 1.7.20 :)

conclusion: ubuntu requires to have the folder in your home folder :)

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

conclusion: ubuntu requires to have the folder in your home folder :)

what u mean by this? Also i have same problem as u before just showing like doing somehting but nothing happening D:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
what u mean by this? Also i have same problem as u before just showing like doing somehting but nothing happening D:

The folder that you place it in has to be in ~/home, or that folder has to be in ~/home and so on. Can't be in. Say, ~/lib/... or w.e; not sure why you wouldn't put in the home folder, but there's that.

What's your problem?

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
The folder that you place it in has to be in ~/home, or that folder has to be in ~/home and so on. Can't be in. Say, ~/lib/... or w.e; not sure why you wouldn't put in the home folder, but there's that.

What's your problem?

ye but idk which folder.. EPW or no
I followed instructions here and happens same as  here

ALMOST!!!!!!  I put the vb2run where it should be, I had the vb6run already. Checked the boxes they are crossed that the right DLL's are installed.

I feel it I'm near but when I click the client or the launcher or whatever exe file from epic, it does just nothing. My mouse acts like it's loading but then nothing comes up no screen nothing.

It did make my Second Life work already :) So it's going the right way but not there yet :)

I also used files that alphatwo posted coz wine wasnt able to find them...

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
ok now i run patcher.exe and it shows black screen but when i press ARROW key and ENTER i can hear sound of clicking on start button and then everything disapire. When i run tskmng from Wine it shows patcher.exe in list of processes. What to do any idea?

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
ok fixed.. was problem with Internet explorer.. Its not the IE7 from first link anymore because Microsoft doesnt give support for XP anymore.. Has to be IE7 for XP in order to work proper

Offline xFrozen

• Random who calls randons
  • Let it go
  • Characters: Frozen
  • Faction: Artifex
So you guys thinks this still worth a try?
Violent delights have Violent ends
Hell is Other People

xFrozen, Froozenn, Venoomancer, OhYou, _Chaos, Emplres, Doloress - Artifex#1 - All R8R -chan 3x mag, 2attmatk orns - 3 Year old player that love calling players random even being random <3