Epic Perfect World

Linux Ubuntu install guide for EPW

Offline Saffran

The more I read the more I think the problem is that I installed the 64bit ubuntu 14.04 and it's giving errors cause I don't have the 32-bit environment stuff. Tried to make it but as I'm fully a noob in Ubuntu I think it might be better just to install the 32-bit ubuntu :D

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
Hi, I also got sick of Windows and am trying to get EPW running in on Ubuntu
I tried to install all the DLL's but i ran into this when I tried to install dotnet20:

Mono does not appear to be installed.

where should I get that from? Cause according to my software following are installed:

Mono Runtime
Mono Runtime (terminal)

Mono is the open source replacement of .Net but its so far out of date i Don't recommend installing mono. it should just be automatically install it once it sees its not installed

Offline alphatwo

• I have a lifetime’s worth of technical expertise. I wasn’t born you see my mother simply chose the ‘eject child’ option from the special menu.
Mono is the open source replacement of .Net but its so far out of date i Don't recommend installing mono. it should just be automatically install it once it sees its not installed

You can force wine to install 32 bit mode as well copy and paste this in the terminal

rm -rf .wine ; WINEARCH=win32 wineboot ; wineserver -w

Offline Saffran

You can force wine to install 32 bit mode as well copy and paste this in the terminal

rm -rf .wine ; WINEARCH=win32 wineboot ; wineserver -w

Awesome it got me through it!!! Thanks!
Let's hope the rest will work out :)

Offline Saffran

Ok I got it all installed except for following:

vb2run
and vbrun6run i took vb6run (as the other one was not available)

It sais it's downloading:

Downloading ftp://64.4.17.176/Softlib/MSLFILES/VBRUN200.EXE to /home/nadine/.cache/winetricks/vb2run

But nothing is really happening :)

Anyways tried to run EPW with patcher or client or launcher but none would, now i just need one last thing fixed i guess. Let's hope a restart will do the trick? :)

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I ran EPW without any of these for around an hour...

Offline Saffran

seems like 14.04 doesn't wanna do it without any hesitation :)

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
seems like 14.04 doesn't wanna do it without any hesitation :)

That was on 14.04.

To be honest, I gave up with some of the codecs ; IE is the only one you'll notice.

Offline alphatwo

he does need vb2run  and vb6run almost every game calls for that nowadays i put mine in a zip just put them in your /home/nadine/.cache/winetricks/ folder. odds are it will be hidden to reveal them press once you open up your home folder Ctrl H

Offline alphatwo

got it installed Saffran? xD

Offline Saffran

got it installed Saffran? xD

ALMOST!!!!!!  I put the vb2run where it should be, I had the vb6run already. Checked the boxes they are crossed that the right DLL's are installed.

I feel it I'm near but when I click the client or the launcher or whatever exe file from epic, it does just nothing. My mouse acts like it's loading but then nothing comes up no screen nothing.

It did make my Second Life work already :) So it's going the right way but not there yet :)

Offline alphatwo

Offline Saffran

Yup that's installed too.

Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:51 pm by Saffran

Offline alphatwo

what you have installed in winetricks?