Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should guardian scroll stacks be set to their original stack amount?

Yes
No

Make guardian scroll stacks smaller

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
but it will prevent people from buying 999 stacks

But I don't understand what is wrong with that ^ to warrant this suggestion.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable
what's the point of increasing the price if you say that people are not going to have a big deal buying the more expensive ones?
congrats, you've just made your own thread useless.
bye.
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
in mass pvp you die a lot of times and sometimes you might forget to buy more scrolls.

Also, if you don't want to lose your items you can always bind them, no biggie... and if you bind you don't have to buy guardian scrolls.

And keep in mind dropping only applies for red named people, I believe the chance of dropping in white name is 1% and only stuff from inventory, 10% in pink. You can only drop equipped armor while you're red.

I'm certainly forgetful but i always make sure to have enough guardian scrolls. I think making them 1mill+ each means people are going to go pve to make money, this isn't helping pvp. Not many people will want to bind their gear if it means they cant sell it...

Offline Syn

• I just came here to have a good time and honestly I am feeling so attacked rn
People who donate work for their items irl   :rolleyes: I've never understood why some people believe they're "better" than donaters for killing a mob/running a dungeon 1000 times over as opposed to someone who works long hours and actually contributes to society - Unlike the ones sitting infront of their monitors all day long.
I said "worked ingame hard" read before qqing.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Syn

what's the point of increasing the price if you say that people are not going to have a big deal buying the more expensive ones?
congrats, you've just made your own thread useless.
bye.
You didn't read anything, right? the price increase is to prevent people from buying stacks of guardian scrolls for a lifetime, so there's a really small risk of some red named guy dropping equipment during mass pvp.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable
You didn't read anything, right? the price increase is to prevent people from buying stacks of guardian scrolls for a lifetime, so there's a really small risk of some red named guy dropping equipment during mass pvp.

stop being lazy and farm your own stuff
even if the price increases who is going to stop buying loads of guardian scrolls?Only you.
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't see any benefit to this idea at all.

If someone is careless enough to forget about scrolls they will do it anyway. If not this will just force more PVE on those who want to PVP
Not to mention dropping gear doesn't add any value to pvp. Sure some people may enjoy taking other peoples hard work away but not everyone is like that. If this is the sort of gameplay you like I suggest playing an MMO where this is part of the gameplay. Some permadeath ones come to mind.

Offline Syn

I'm certainly forgetful but i always make sure to have enough guardian scrolls. I think making them 1mill+ each means people are going to go pve to make money, this isn't helping pvp. Not many people will want to bind their gear if it means they cant sell it...

1m is 1/3 the price of 1 ec, 100 scrolls would be 100m which comes to be around 30 ec. Do you die 100 times a day? 100 scrolls can be enough for a week to people who moderately pvp.
binding gears is not really an option when scrolls are still gonna be cheap, seriously you're making this seem like scrolls are gonna be 50m each
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline Syn

I don't see any benefit to this idea at all.

If someone is careless enough to forget about scrolls they will do it anyway. If not this will just force more PVE on those who want to PVP
Not to mention dropping gear doesn't add any value to pvp. Sure some people may enjoy taking other peoples hard work away but not everyone is like that. If this is the sort of gameplay you like I suggest playing an MMO where this is part of the gameplay. Some permadeath ones come to mind.

100 scrolls -- > around 30 ec if they are increased to 1m coins. No one is forced to pve for 30 ec, at least not more than 30 min.

I think you got wrong the concept of pvp in PW, dropping is a punishment for red named people because they killed white named people, it's like PW's karma. If you're not red you have nothing to worry about.
And if someday I'd happen to drop in pvp to someone I would never blame him from taking my hard work? it was completely my fault, first because I killed white named people, and second because I was dumb enough to not buy scrolls.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
1m is 1/3 the price of 1 ec, 100 scrolls would be 100m which comes to be around 30 ec. Do you die 100 times a day? 100 scrolls can be enough for a week to people who moderately pvp.
binding gears is not really an option when scrolls are still gonna be cheap, seriously you're making this seem like scrolls are gonna be 50m each

Then what is the point of this suggestion?

I'm sorry .-. but I just don't see why this is needed.
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013, 07:29 am by Miyurii✿

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful

Let's think about this shall we.

Lets say a support cleric.
First to be targeted, Likely to survive, But more likely to die. In an hours worth of mass PK, They can die anywhere from 5-15 times. Most mass lasts about an hour, But it can go longer, so let's add more deaths to that. A high PK faction like xpendable has real mass PK about twice a day. That's already about 40 deaths per day. Now let's factor in TW. In a decent 2 hour TW, Clerics are still the main target, And have a lot more manpower on them. In a large TW, I'd estimate clerics would die about 30+ times depending on their skill and gear. That's about 70 deaths in one day. And TW can happen 3 times.  Then you have NW, PvP events and so much more. This is a bad idea and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

Offline Syn

Then what is the point of this suggestion?
the price increase is to prevent people from buying stacks of guardian scrolls for a lifetime, so there's a really small risk of some red named guy dropping equipment during mass pvp.

stop being lazy and farm your own stuff
even if the price increases who is going to stop buying loads of guardian scrolls?only you.

I already have my own shits and I have plenty of money thanks. if the price increases people will certainly not buy stacks of 999 guardian scrolls.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150
stop dying your hair the chemicals are seeping through to your brain. PVP will die. Players come to private servers because PWI is to expensive to get anything good and only those that can afford it have the best items.   Once you start to increse prices of items the more players server will lose because then it will become  unbalanced like PWI where will the increases then stop? You raise one price then others will ask for other items to be increased. Go Back to PWI if you want this.
150 R 8 Seeker                                                          150 R 8 Veno                                                              150 Dragon Cleric                                                           150 Dragon Barb                                                        150 Dragon Sin

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You seem to be the one and only person who thinks this should happen.

This is a PW private server. People come to private server for mostly PVP. Repeating your same argument over and over doesn't make it any less of a bad idea.

Offline Syn

Let's think about this shall we.

Lets say a support cleric.
First to be targeted, Likely to survive, But more likely to die. In an hours worth of mass PK, They can die anywhere from 5-15 times. Most mass lasts about an hour, But it can go longer, so let's add more deaths to that. A high PK faction like xpendable has real mass PK about twice a day. That's already about 40 deaths per day. Now let's factor in TW. In a decent 2 hour TW, Clerics are still the main target, And have a lot more manpower on them. In a large TW, I'd estimate clerics would die about 30+ times depending on their skill and gear. That's about 70 deaths in one day. And TW can happen 3 times.  Then you have NW, PvP events and so much more. This is a bad idea and you should feel bad for suggesting it.
you don't drop scrolls in TW or events wtf.
This is a good idea in my opinion and you should feel bad for being an intolerant dork who can't dislike something without denigrating me.
Haku - Mystic 150
Pizza - Cleric 150