Epic Perfect World

Barb skill question

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
So I haven't been here in about six months, and the first thing I noticed were...pandas? Really? Anyways, I see that there is a (Mighty) version of the demon/sage True Form which says is more powerful than regular sage/demon true form. So basically, are the panda versions the same stat/skillwise as the Mighty versions? Or was it someone's brilliant plan to force barbs to play as Kung-Pow Panda to get the best stats?
Cortimi - Demon Seeker
Cortimis - Demon Barbarian

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
The panda form is the exact same as the normal tiger form. Its just a new form to use, you can use the old skills with the new form. What the mighty versions do is they allow you do normal damage in tiger form (as far as I know).

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
So...they removed class differentiation between sage and demon tigers....? That makes no sense.
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
Sage tiger gives 20 chi per cast, Demon tiger gives 5% less chance to take critical hits (like the mage Sand Miasma).  You should also check out the skill updates, a lot of the older classes got their skills updated.

Offline Cortimi

• Demon
Hey thanks for that, just what I was looking for!
Cortimi - Demon Seeker

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
sage mighty true form rocks cuz of the damage reduction removal but the demon skills are still more PVP oriented imo. demon sunder ftw
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
So...they removed class differentiation between sage and demon tigers....? That makes no sense.

They made Sage Barbs OP in tiger form ^^ The skill updates that came with the forms are passive, meaning you don't activate them with skills they are just on when you change into tiger. The Demon 5% reduce chance to receive a critical hit is not absolute however. Its only active for about 6 seconds after transformation. Sage now no longer have a damage output reduction in tiger form.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
They made Sage Barbs OP in tiger form ^^ The skill updates that came with the forms are passive, meaning you don't activate them with skills they are just on when you change into tiger. The Demon 5% reduce chance to receive a critical hit is not absolute however. Its only active for about 6 seconds after transformation. Sage now no longer have a damage output reduction in tiger form.
demon skills in tiger still better for killing tho.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
But them Sage Tigers are beasts in tanking  :'(

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
But them Sage Tigers are beasts in tanking  :'(
yep. they are.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me

It's the age old question and one I know Jhin and I have gone over before. I still need to do a proper comparison on each one really