Epic Perfect World

Lag Since Host Change

Offline Vionn

U HAVE COX

Ikr Q_Q cox is gay, but I'm not having any issues with playing any other games online. I wish FIOS would facking come to my area.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Ikr Q_Q cox is gay, but I'm not having any issues with playing any other games online. I wish FIOS would facking come to my area.

i have fios

...i just need new computer :))

Offline Gamlen

• It's just a game.
I'm having really bad lags. Not just that, but random DCs aswell.
It's not my internet. I mean yeah, I do have shiit internet speed but It was never this bad. I would never get random DCs.
Vhy dis.
Gamlen 150 Sage Sin
Cudi   150 Sage EA

Offline Vionn

Bump.

Aga plis fix this lag q.q I'm lucky to get down to 400 ping.

Offline Loukey

• Beginner
before the host change my ping was 280. Since the host/server change my ping 1k-3k.
i didnt change anything with regards with regards to my internets speed.
Agatio, please fix this one.
thanks!

Offline iplayalone

i must be one of the lucky few that have noticed an improvement. yay me :P

Offline Gamlen

• It's just a game.
Gamlen 150 Sage Sin
Cudi   150 Sage EA

rainlu

U HAVE COX

it has to do something with the server routing..
I believe the server is in europe and when you connect to it from that far your growing on ping naturally..
maybe the routing on of this new server is really bad and you gain more ping by distance, cause all i see is the number of players with the most lags being the players that are far away from europe.
But to be sure i would have to know more people from europe, and i m not 100 % sure about this, let's say im 20 % sure, but it still makes me interested.
and also DDOs protection may also cause lags i guess.
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2013, 01:19 pm by rainlu

Offline CaeDares

• ϾᴂĐᵃᵲᵊᶊ
  • "Counting Bodies Like Sheep"
The only lag that I experience now, which hasn't occured before, is that during PV when I round up a bunch of mobs and everybody throws their AOE and genie skills, lots of pretty lights go up and blah blah blah, I lag, I can't move, I can't see, I die.
No happy fun times.

:pig-13:
Vikton - Blademaster - 147
Valiska - Seeker - 110
CaeDares - Archer - 119
?????? - Venomancer - 110
Gooby - Barbarian - 131

rainlu

The only lag that I experience now, which hasn't occured before, is that during PV when I round up a bunch of mobs and everybody throws their AOE and genie skills, lots of pretty lights go up and blah blah blah, I lag, I can't move, I can't see, I die.
No happy fun times.

:pig-13:

well that's normal, in pv it this happened for me from when i first joined and i never complained about this cause i know it's something that was even 100 x worse in official pwi.

Offline Vionn

I believe the server is in europe and when you connect to it from that far your growing on ping naturally..
maybe the routing on of this new server is really bad and you gain more ping by distance, cause all i see is the number of players with the most lags being the players that are far away from europe.
But to be sure i would have to know more people from europe, and i m not 100 % sure about this, let's say im 20 % sure, but it still makes me interested.

I never lagged like this before the update, had like 250 ping 24/7, now I'm lucky to go below 1k.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
I never lagged like this before the update, had like 250 ping 24/7, now I'm lucky to go below 1k.
Blame your location.  :normal-3:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

That is a possibility. I got 400 ping at best while I lived in Cali.  I moved closer to where the server is located (I believe it's in the Netherlands or something).  I have 260-ish ping at the lowest.  I can safely duel client now (although it may have something to do with me cleaning up my comp a bit)

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
That is a possibility. I got 400 ping at best while I lived in Cali.  I moved closer to where the server is located (I believe it's in the Netherlands or something).  I have 260-ish ping at the lowest.  I can safely duel client now (although it may have something to do with me cleaning up my comp a bit)

lol lets take my location for eg.
South Africa, it's far from Europe distance wise and I get about 400 - 500 ping in game. It's acceptable so I don't complain.

One of the reasons it's not higher is because of how the underwater fiber cables are mapped from here to there.
One direct line all the way up the side of Africa into France I think it is.
If Server was in Brazil for eg. It might be same distance as the bird flies but via the optical underwater cables it takes a much longer route. Thats one reason.

The main reason is, that packets to and from your PCs go through, dahm, 1000s of routers? each router must take a packets, decapsulate it, look at the destination IP address, consult it's routing table, re-encapsulate and send out the relavent port. All this adds those few ms. Further you are/more routers you go through, more time is added.

Thats where WTFast and other services like it come in.
It has it's own path between certain areas, going through less routers = better ping

I use it for other servers, it's good

Duel client has virtually 0 impact on ping either, you have less **** on your pc = cleaner PC = run programs faster lol
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2013, 04:37 pm by IcyTech

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥

lol lets take my location for eg.
South Africa, it's far from Europe distance wise and I get about 400 - 500 ping in game. It's acceptable so I don't complain.

One of the reasons it's not higher is because of how the underwater fiber cables are mapped from here to there.
One direct line all the way up the side of Africa into France I think it is.
If Server was in Brazil for eg. It might be same distance as the bird flies but via the optical underwater cables it takes a much longer route. Thats one reason.

The main reason is, that packets to and from your PCs go through, dahm, 1000s of routers? each router must take a packets, decapsulate it, look at the destination IP address, consult it's routing table, re-encapsulate and send out the relavent port. All this adds those few ms. Further you are/more routers you go through, more time is added.

Thats where WTFast and other services like it come in.
It has it's own path between certain areas, going through less routers = better ping

I use it for other servers, it's good

Duel client has virtually 0 impact on ping either, you have less **** on your pc = cleaner PC = run programs faster lol

Interesting .....I definitely learned something new today .....and NO, I am not sarcastic, its sincere!! Thank you

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi